PDA

View Full Version : for the life of me, i cannot sleep.....

afraidtobeleft
2002-02-20, 05:42 AM
well, here i am, a new user and one that cannot sleep one bit. not that that matters to anyone, i'm not even sure that it matters to me, although it should. what should i talk about, i have no idea. this is basically a rant, so if you get annoyed, it's not my fault, and i am apologizing right here and now.

so, my friend carson has recently gotten me into H.P. Lovecraft stories. they really are pretty interesting. apparently, they are all of the dreams that he has had and remembers and has put down on paper in immense detail. well, i never explained what "they" are. "they" are all of Lovecraft's stories. just so that you know. "they" also include the books that all of the stories are in. most of them are horror. not the kind of horror in those dumb teenie bopper movie flicks with the knife-weilding psychopaths, but the kind of horror that will scare you while you read it, or possibly days later when you finally realise what you have read.

anyway, my favorite story is the doom that came to sarnath. it is basically a story about how there were first a race of beings that came to the earth from the sky. then, another race came along and destroyed them, keeping only the idol that the race had worshipped. well, it was a priest, or something, from the first race that had said doom would come. well, on the 1,000th anniversary of the race being destroyed, there was a huge celebration of the killing off of this race, with all of the new races of the earth visiting the race that had killed off the original people. well, the "floodgates" opened, sending out all of the outsiders, leaving only the race that had killed off the original race. then there was basically heard a crap load of screaming, and when someone dared to go back to the place (sarnath) all that was left was a gigantic lake where the place had used to be and all that was left of the race that was second on the earth was the head of the idol that was the trademark of the first race of this earth.

now, that may not have seemed very frightening, but if you read it, you will be terrified. and if you already have read it, and aren't terrified, well i just don't know. well i guess that is it for me and this, my very first post on this quite interesting website. goodbye.

-tiffany

tacoX
2002-02-20, 06:58 AM
Sounds like fun, but reading sux0rs :/

Chruser
2002-02-20, 09:07 AM
Don't try to fall asleep, just do it ^_^

answer763
2002-02-22, 08:32 AM
I never have a problem slee..p...p.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ