PDA

View Full Version : Pop, Coke, Soda

Penguin
2002-09-12, 07:15 AM
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/TECH/internet/09/12/pop.vs.soda.ap/story.map.jpg
Green areas order pop, red areas call it Coke, and the blue areas ask for soda.

Grav
2002-09-12, 09:45 AM
And the white area is how much I don't give a shit.

Penguin
2002-09-12, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by GravitonSurge

lol....

:jump: :jump: :jump: :bling: :0wn: :noob:

Grav
2002-09-12, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Penguin

:jump: :jump: :jump: :bling: :0wn: :noob:

That was gay.

Penguin
2002-09-12, 10:02 AM

That was gay.

look whos talking

:sex: :jjang: :shame:

Hades-Knight
2002-09-12, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Penguin

look whos talking

:sex: :jjang: :shame:

damn right

JohnnyTAE
2002-09-12, 02:31 PM
no utah on the map :(

Jamesadin
2002-09-12, 04:45 PM
All of Canada calls it Pop.

When I was in California I asked for a pop, and they were really confused. I had to get used to saying Soda

Raziel
2002-09-12, 05:09 PM
I don't care what kind of drink you're looking for, but if it's carbonated, it's a coke. End of story.

Sum Yung Guy
2002-09-12, 05:21 PM
Im from california, and whenever I ask for a carbonated drink, I call it by its name. Like, damn Im thirsty I need some Dr. Pepper

Jamesadin
2002-09-12, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Raziel
I don't care what kind of drink you're looking for, but if it's carbonated, it's a coke. End of story.

But Coke is only 1 brand name. I cant imagine walking into a resteraunt and saying "I would like a fries and a coke" and have the server say "what drink would you like?" then me saying "a coke"

I usually say "hey want to go get a pop?" and then we say "yeah Ill have a Sprite please"

Im not flaming or anything because if I was it would be a pretty horrible flame. Im just saying that would be really hard to believe

Raziel
2002-09-12, 06:01 PM
It's just something you get used to. I grew up in Dallas, Texas and it's commonplace to simply refer to sodas as "cokes". When you order a coke in a restaurant, you get a coke. However, if someone asks you "hey man, you want a coke?", and you say yes, their response might be "okay, what do you want?" It sounds weird, but growing up around it just turns it into habit.

RoboticSilence
2002-09-12, 07:48 PM

EX-Mania
2002-09-19, 10:30 AM
The word POP is going to take over! =D the word pop is because it "pops" Coke well thats just wierd, its just one brand name like someone said, coke is short form for Coca Cola so it is wierd calling pop or soda just Coke uneless you are asking for Coca Cola.

Soda well it is not a bad name for carbonated drinks but pop is shorter and doesn't sound so... sophisticated... and sophisticated people shouldnt drink "pop" or "soda" because it is a more social type drink... so everyone call all your carbonated drinks

POP! =D

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-09-19, 12:28 PM
i call all of my carbonated drinks

Wiccan][V][asta
2002-09-19, 06:35 PM
I sometimes call it artifical energy. :)

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-25, 09:11 AM
I lived on the East coast all my life, then moved to California for school. And I completely understand the "coke" term. Everyone calls it coke. Pop must be either, white surburian areas, or Canada, or some shit. But it definitely is NOT any of the places I have ever been. I think "pop" sounds stupid. I've never heard anyone call it that, except for old people. And I mean Diana Walters old. Yeah Coke is just one name brand, but plenty of people do use that term. It's even common for people to say "Yeah get me a coke and a small fry." Even though the restaurant may only serve Pepsi and other Pepsi created drinks, it's still coke. Besides even if all of Canada calls it pop. Since when have Canadians actually mattered anyway. "Can I get some pop? Eh?" "Oh no! I've spilled the pop all over me trousers...

eh!?"

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-09-25, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by JiN-RaiDeN
Besides even if all of Canada calls it pop. Since when have Canadians actually mattered anyway. "Can I get some pop? Eh?" "Oh no! I've spilled the pop all over me trousers...

eh!?"

heh, your fucken funny arent you? why dont you shut your fucken mouth b4 dissing up canadians or any other people? you fucken retarded sun of a bitch why would you even begin to fucken say how another country's wording is gay, look at the fucken map you blind ass mofo, even people in the u.s. call it pop, so to me the green is equal as much as any other color in that map, ++++ all of canada calls it pop, theirfor it might actually be possible that more people call it pop then soda ect... did you even notice that? and another thing, wtf do you have against canadians what are you jelious of us? seems to me like you are, otherwise why would you diss up a country about the way they use a term, why dont you go and diss up every country then and talk about how retarded their languadge is to english you fuckn dumb ass mother fucker...

lol i can say many things about americans too, but you see im smarter, i dont say them, and i dont even think about them, because i have no problem with americans, so what the fuck do you have against us?

another thing, using "eh" at the end of a sentence is actually good, it tends to shorten your sentence structure if you think about it, perfect example:

do you think that the party was good?(not using "eh" would resault to this, thus making the sentence much longer)
that party was good eh?(using eh? is like a question, asking if the person agrees or not thus making the sentence shorter)

Exterminator
2002-09-25, 03:07 PM
I always call carbanoted liqued "soda" it's really wierd to call it like pop or coke, of course its only because I grew up calling it soda

Jamesadin
2002-09-25, 03:19 PM
I lived on the East coast all my life, then moved to California for school. And I completely understand the "coke" term. Everyone calls it coke. Pop must be either, white surburian areas, or Canada, or some shit. But it definitely is NOT any of the places I have ever been. I think "pop" sounds stupid. I've never heard anyone call it that, except for old people. And I mean Diana Walters old. Yeah Coke is just one name brand, but plenty of people do use that term. It's even common for people to say "Yeah get me a coke and a small fry." Even though the restaurant may only serve Pepsi and other Pepsi created drinks, it's still coke. Besides even if all of Canada calls it pop. Since when have Canadians actually mattered anyway. "Can I get some pop? Eh?" "Oh no! I've spilled the pop all over me trousers...

eh!?"

HAHAHAHA! Shut the fuck up

DKWicked
2002-09-25, 04:57 PM
wow, I thought I knew canadians....all the ones I know are mellow people.....but you guys are all angry!

calling soda "coke" is like calling polystyrene "styrafoam" or copiers "xerox" or....theres another but I cant remember

Ive never heard anyone call it "coke" here, as a blanket term.....cause most of the time it isnt coke (seems odd, calling, say, mountain dew "coke"....they arent even the same color!)

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-09-25, 06:16 PM
well people tend to say pop or coke when they are undecided on what brand they want, example:

guy talking to friend: "man i need a pop" when they get to the kets say pizza place "yes i would like a mellow yellow plz" so i dont think people aktually say to a waitor ect... ya i would like a pop, the waitor would look at you and abserve what a dumbass you are because you did not say the brand of pop you want...

DKWicked
2002-09-25, 06:47 PM
but coke is a brand, anyway....if I say I want a coke, I want a coke....if I say I want a dr. pepper, I want a dr. pepper......youd have to be silly to order a "pop" or a "soda" haha

Jamesadin
2002-09-25, 06:55 PM
All true, but if you think to your self....people are different, and that is why people choose to use different terms.

Grav
2002-09-25, 06:56 PM
[check message length]

Jamesadin
2002-09-25, 07:12 PM
What are you talking about?

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-25, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by "CRØNîC-KîLLå"

heh, your fucken funny arent you? why dont you shut your fucken mouth b4 dissing up canadians or any other people? you fucken retarded sun of a bitch why would you even begin to fucken say how another country's wording is gay, look at the fucken map you blind ass mofo, even people in the u.s. call it pop, so to me the green is equal as much as any other color in that map, ++++ all of canada calls it pop, theirfor it might actually be possible that more people call it pop then soda ect... did you even notice that? and another thing, wtf do you have against canadians what are you jelious of us? seems to me like you are, otherwise why would you diss up a country about the way they use a term, why dont you go and diss up every country then and talk about how retarded their languadge is to english you fuckn dumb ass mother fucker...

lol i can say many things about americans too, but you see im smarter, i dont say them, and i dont even think about them, because i have no problem with americans, so what the fuck do you have against us?

another thing, using "eh" at the end of a sentence is actually good, it tends to shorten your sentence structure if you think about it, perfect example:

do you think that the party was good?(not using "eh" would resault to this, thus making the sentence much longer)
that party was good eh?(using eh? is like a question, asking if the person agrees or not thus making the sentence shorter)
Okay first of all, if you knew me, which you clearly don't, you wouldn't be pissed at all. I make fun of everyone, including myself and americans. And not once did I say that your language was gay. You did! So being that you said that, I'm guessing the Canadian language is gay. And seriously, watch your language, it's very abusive. Haha. It's so funny when I piss someone off. Oh the wonders of posting. People like you are truly ignorant though. Don't get so butt-hurt. If I'm being too offensive with the Canadian jokes then I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Oh shit but honestly I think it's hilarious. Truth be told I was hoping TiCat (a member of my clan) would read all my Canada jokes, being that he's a Canadian. Jealous of Canadians!? Haha. Are you serious? That's the joke right? Hahahahahahahaha. Lol. I mean, I'm sorry. That's the joke eh? Anyway I figure I'll just ask you a simple question. Using my new found word. Posting is fun eh? Us americans can shorten our sentence structure too!

Jamesadin
2002-09-25, 07:22 PM

Okay first of all, if you knew me, which you clearly don't

Thats the thing...we dont know you, and we dont want too. Ask around, I hate racist people.

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-25, 07:32 PM
I'm not being racist homeboi. That's the thing. Racist people pick a particular group, or groups and hate them for a reason. I however make fun of EVERYONE. Including blacks, whites, asians, Canadians, Americans, Iranians whatever it may be. INCLUDING myself! So you're not making a point here junior.

Jamesadin
2002-09-25, 07:34 PM
OK, I dont want to continue this fight. Agree to just cut it off here?

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-25, 07:41 PM
Yeah dood I'm done. I never wanted to fight in the first place. See I'm not used to the rest of Zelaron. I'm used to posting and answering to forums with people I don't know. The only forum I'm on I know everyone that post there. So I was out of line. It was intended for TiCat. I only make fun of TiCat and JohnnyTAE cause I know them. But yeah I'm done. Cause my computer is slow, and I'm tired of waiting for it to load and having to reply to you. You reply to all my replies too fast. I can't keep up!

Jamesadin
2002-09-25, 07:45 PM
Ok its all good now..time to get it back on topic.

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-25, 07:52 PM
Back on topic. Right. DKWicked I know what you're talking about. Xerox machine is a good example because lots of people call them Xerox machines. Even when the copying machine isn't even made by Xerox. Great example. We don't call these people idiots though. I bet a lot of you don't even realize it. Another good example is "Kleenex" (I hope I spelled that correctly). Anyway, lots of people call tissues, "Kleenex". When in fact that's just the name of the company that makes tissues. Another example that I know a lot of you won't accept is Nintendo. Of course we don't call all consoles "Nintendo" because we're gamers and dammit we know better. We know a Sega Nomad when we see them. And we know they're not Gameboys. But usually parents, and grandparents or anyone that's old (I don't want to put an age because I might offend someone of that age and then get abusively replied to) would call any system a Nintendo. My mom all the time told me to turn my "Nintendo" off. Yup. And not once did I turn off my Playstation 2. I suppose she'll figure it out someday.

Jamesadin
2002-09-25, 07:59 PM
heh, thats exactly what I do, my dad says stay off the computer (when he means my GC) and I just say ok, and keep playing the gamecube.

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-25, 08:03 PM
Hahahaha. It's great. And what's even better. Is by the time my mom finds out that it is a Playstation 2. I'll be playing Playstation 3. Not to mention how I confuse the hell out of her ass. Sometimes she gets the systems right. "Turn off your Sega CD NOW!" But you know, I'm just playing a 32X game. My mom and your dad will never win.

EX-Mania
2002-09-26, 08:32 AM
DrWicked, Pop is not a brand of Carbonated Drinks, Pop is another Better less casual way of saying Soda... so.... oh and i just got the idea of making a carbonated drink called Pop and Soda =D so if people say i want a soda or say i want a pop, they`ll automatically get my drink =D they'll be forced to drink MY drink so i will RULE THE WORLD! or.. get rich atleast =D

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-26, 09:58 AM
Or it'll bomb just like Crystal Clear Pepsi did. Awe man that was good stuff. Does anyone remember that? It was like Sprite on steriods.

Jamesadin
2002-09-26, 10:48 AM
Crystal Clear Pepsi? Didnt hear of it.. Anyone ever tryed the Glacial Ice powerade before? They dont sell it anymore, but it was some good stuff.

NonGayMan
2002-09-26, 01:37 PM
That map must be wrong becuase I live in Pittsburgh and we all call it pop. We also say "yins" instead of yall and "worsh" instead of wash:)

DKWicked
2002-09-26, 01:51 PM
I didnt say pop was a brand, I said coke was a brand

Silverjinx18
2002-09-26, 01:57 PM
I've never heard anyone ask for a pop....(stick w/ the issue here folks!!! dirty minds!)

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-26, 05:38 PM
I didn't even know we were getting off topic. James you missed out. Hey if I build a time machine, we'll go back in time and get two Crystal Clear Pepsi's. I promise dood.

Jamesadin
2002-09-26, 08:30 PM
Ok, im in.

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-09-27, 02:49 PM
ok so some people call it pop, some people call it coke, im guessing because someone just began saying it because it was better then saying, yes i would like a carbonated drink... so they made it shorter and everyone went along with it, but im sure their arent idiots out their that go to a waitor and say "yes sir i would like a pop/soda", people just use it as i said before when they are undecided on which brand of carbonated drink they want...

JiN-RaiDeN
2002-09-29, 03:44 AM
Something along those lines.

Saintofsouls
2002-10-04, 02:24 AM
Call it by its name... or if refering to any kind of soda.... uuuuuuuuh..... call it soda :D

Adrenachrome
2002-10-04, 05:22 PM
if i go to zeros i ask for a large "drink" if i dont have to pour it myself i ask for a DR.Pepper or Pepsi i just ask for the drink i want.....

Jamesadin
2002-10-04, 09:29 PM
How about we just aceppt that people call things differently

DKWicked
2002-10-05, 07:36 PM
WHAT?? TOLERANCE? you FOOL! I h8 you

Jamesadin
2002-10-05, 07:42 PM
No, but I sent you a PM...

*runs away*

DKWicked
2002-10-05, 07:59 PM
oh....uhm......uups, ya........your a fan.....uhm....I was talking tooo.........grav, thats it.....it was towards grav, yeah

(has he posted in this thread?)