PDA

View Full Version : Should KKK be banned

Demosthenes
2002-08-28, 06:08 PM
I'm j/w how many of u ppl think the kkk should be banned?

Strider Fury
2002-08-28, 06:27 PM
you mean by passing a law? but whats that going to do? theres tons of laws agains a lot of things and people are still doing it. it doesnt make a difference.

ask_rabber
2002-08-28, 06:28 PM
the kkk was banned way back when but its still here just not as strong. and plus, having laws against stuff makes people feel more rebellious when they do it, so they want to keep doing it.

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-08-28, 06:31 PM
bah people do what they want, you cant stop them... yes it should be banned, but when you think about it, isnt everything somewhat in some ways similar to the kkk?

ask_rabber
2002-08-28, 06:33 PM
taking a shit doesnt really besides the fact that i think they all poo...

Strider Fury
2002-08-28, 06:37 PM
the kkk cult is dying out anyways. when was the last time you heard anything major going on involving about them in the news? i saw then once on tv and ppl just ended up making a bunch of fools out of them. plus they get beat up on the streets if anyone sees them.

Strider Fury
2002-08-28, 06:38 PM
whoops.

Penguin
2002-08-28, 06:54 PM
its called freedom of speech

Jamesadin
2002-08-28, 07:05 PM
they should be put in Jail

Penguin
2002-08-28, 07:10 PM
There ideas are horrible, BUT you CANNOT , NOT grant them there BASIC rights JUST cause you dont like them.....

Sirpullido
2002-08-28, 07:20 PM
U cannot ban or jail em 4 holding that ideas( well maybe ban yes, ase are more than offensive) but u can only jail 4 performed acts, and not every member of KKK has token part of a crime

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-08-28, 07:32 PM
true...so true...

Jamesadin
2002-08-28, 07:49 PM
but the Idea of the clan is to harm black people, and to me, that isnt right.

Sirpullido
2002-08-28, 08:04 PM
Isn't right, of course, and from the point it's offenssive to black people, and it promoves subversive ideas against racial equality and liberty, it can be banned as a pblic organization, but u cannot jail every member in it, maybe those in charge can be imputed some criminal acts against other peoples liberty

Grav
2002-08-28, 09:05 PM
*edit* this isent the flame forum

JohnnyTAE
2002-08-28, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Sirpullido
Isn't right, of course, and from the point it's offenssive to black people, and it promoves subversive ideas against racial equality and liberty, it can be banned as a pblic organization, but u cannot jail every member in it, maybe those in charge can be imputed some criminal acts against other peoples liberty

I agree with you but they did arrest members of the Black Panthers for being in that orginazation, they are arresting terroist like the Taliban even if they aren't suspects in a crime, and Here in Utah the cops will pull you over and put you into a gang profile (lists your name, distinct marks, what you claim, Take Pictures, They done it to me before) just because you fit into a category that they think is dangerous

Raziel
2002-08-28, 09:41 PM
Well, if banning the KKK is alright with everyone, then why don't we go ahead and take away your right to have an opinion on ANYTHING. Simply saying nasty things and promoting distaste for everyone but those of a certain ethnicity isn't illegal. It's ignorant and stupid, but not in any way is it unconstitutional.

Those morons have every right to express their hatred for blacks and non-christsians as we have to express our ill feelings towards them. If the KKK was to be banned then we can say goodbye to BET, the NAACP and Affirmitive Action as well, because those organizations can all be misconstrued as offensive to white people.

The sad fact is, banning an organization like the KKK will not stop lynchings and murders. Hate and violence are a natural part of the human condition, and in organzied groups or not, that ugly fact of human existence will continue to rear it's head until the end of time.

Penguin
2002-08-28, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Raziel
Well, if banning the KKK is alright with everyone, then why don't we go ahead and take away your right to have an opinion on ANYTHING. Simply saying nasty things and promoting distaste for everyone but those of a certain ethnicity isn't illegal. It's ignorant and stupid, but not in any way is it unconstitutional.

Those morons have every right to express their hatred for blacks and non-christsians as we have to express our ill feelings towards them. If the KKK was to be banned then we can say goodbye to BET, the NAACP and Affirmitive Action as well, because those organizations can all be misconstrued as offensive to white people.

The sad fact is, banning an organization like the KKK will not stop lynchings and murders. Hate and violence are a natural part of the human condition, and in organzied groups or not, that ugly fact of human existence will continue to rear it's head until the end of time.

My point exactly

Jamesadin
2002-08-29, 07:16 PM
Yeah but it would bring down the hatred againt black people alot

JohnnyTAE
2002-08-29, 07:42 PM
it might actually ignite it because of people feeling there freedom is being tooken away :( the world really is a sad place...

Demosthenes
2002-08-29, 09:43 PM
i think that many organization groups should be banned. The taliban for one, the KKK, the Black Panthers they need to all be banned. Ne organization that takes part in criminal activity should be banned, or that is what I believe. They have the rights to their beliefs and feelings but it is a known fact that the KKK has murdered many people out of hate. They should have been outlawed many years ago. And if we're on the topic of freedom why cant a black person get out without getting harassed by the cops. About 2 weeks ago I got pulled over by the cops for driving my parents benz. They said I stole it but eventually let me go. But newayz the black panthers, KKK, and taliban need to be banned, or there needs to be a heavy effort made to arrest the criminal members of those organizations.

Raziel
2002-08-29, 10:46 PM
The KKK has NEVER murdered a single human being. INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS within the Klan have commited horrendous atrocities, but the Klan as a whole can not be blamed for what a number of individuals have done. When you show me a record of EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of the Klan involved in the exact same murder at the exact same time, THEN I will agree with you.

Second, we can't ban the Black Panthers for the same reasons the Klan can't be thrown out. In this type of situation, the ENTIRE group would have to be aprehended while commiting the crimes they are accused of.

Finally, America cannot ban the Taliban. They are an Afghani political power (so to speak) and we can't simply say "too bad, no more Taliban for you guys!"

You are thinking in terms that are FAR too broad to be realistic. The fact is, even if we did ban organizations like the Klan and the Black Panthers, it wouldn't change a thing. Those PUBLIC militant groups would simply become UNDERGROUND militant groups, and the situation would be no better.

And in regards to your racial profiling complaint, I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's not fair when a guy is held in custody because of a couple of dumbass, prejudiced cops. It's not fair that every store I go into I am watched like a hawk because the employees fear I'll start trouble. It's not fair. But, it will NEVER go away. Hate and stupidity run rampant in the human race, and it is a character trait we will never outgrow.

JohnnyTAE
2002-08-29, 11:53 PM
I agree with you raziel whole heartedly...

I hate that shit when you go in stores and people watch you.. I know I might have done a lot of crap in stores but ever since I was younger shit like that has been the same way (originally one of my excuses to start doing shit)

Raziel
2002-08-30, 12:05 AM
A fairly common occurence for me is when an employee or the manager will actually ask that I leave the store. I'll just be looking around, and then I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's ridiculous.

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-08-30, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Raziel
The KKK has NEVER murdered a single human being. INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS within the Klan have commited horrendous atrocities, but the Klan as a whole can not be blamed for what a number of individuals have done. When you show me a record of EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of the Klan involved in the exact same murder at the exact same time, THEN I will agree with you.

Second, we can't ban the Black Panthers for the same reasons the Klan can't be thrown out. In this type of situation, the ENTIRE group would have to be aprehended while commiting the crimes they are accused of.

Finally, America cannot ban the Taliban. They are an Afghani political power (so to speak) and we can't simply say "too bad, no more Taliban for you guys!"

You are thinking in terms that are FAR too broad to be realistic. The fact is, even if we did ban organizations like the Klan and the Black Panthers, it wouldn't change a thing. Those PUBLIC militant groups would simply become UNDERGROUND militant groups, and the situation would be no better.

And in regards to your racial profiling complaint, I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's not fair when a guy is held in custody because of a couple of dumbass, prejudiced cops. It's not fair that every store I go into I am watched like a hawk because the employees fear I'll start trouble. It's not fair. But, it will NEVER go away. Hate and stupidity run rampant in the human race, and it is a character trait we will never outgrow.

agree with everything you have said.

BlueCube
2002-08-30, 10:35 AM
There was a Klan rally up here during the summer.. newspaper said that there were police everywhere, and very few other people in attendance. There were no criminal acts, so there is no way that they could be arrested. There is that whole "freedom of speech thing that Penguin mentioned, so they should not be banned. Otherwise other (more peaceful) groups may be banned for holding "offensive" meetings, such as anti-war protests ("I find those offensive!")

If others don't have rights, you won't either.

Sirpullido
2002-08-30, 10:54 AM
The fact of spreading some ideas can lead to a banning so yes, KKK shall've been banned, as being banned they'd have spread their offensive and liberty-threatening ideas, now maybe they are too known and banning em will create just somewhat a martir,so they can go saying shit they are opressed by a niggers-lover government or such, just taking action against some kind of people is hard.
BTW here in spain the political faction of ETA( the terrorist group in here pro-independentist) has been banned 4 showing support to those terrorist actions, and that doesn't attempt against their freedom of speech, as far as their attitude attempted to many other people (mostly politicians) freedom of life(harrased and threatened by those terrorists when they crossed in that political group path)

Raziel
2002-08-30, 01:23 PM
You can't ban an organization in America simply for having racist views or spreading racist propaganda. If they were spreading messages of treason on the US, THEN they could be banned, but they're not doing anything different from what Jerry Falwell does on television and radio. Reverend Jerry Falwell spreads hateful messages against homosexuals, Jews, atheists and almost every other class of human being besides white Christian. However, he has not commited ANY crime in doing so. So, he gets to continue spreading his asinine opinions. The rest of the nation just has to learn to live with it and ignore it. You can't simply make a law against an organization in America for having horrible beliefs. It's unconstitutional.

Sum Yung Guy
2002-08-30, 01:26 PM
i held off my vote for awhile... but now ive voted.

i dont like the kkk at all but i voted no because i really believe in our constitution and government and laws and stuff and it would not be right to ban them... on the other i think the kkk is a dirty piece of shit and they are going to hell

Jamesadin
2002-08-30, 03:48 PM
I agree