PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana

Strider Fury
2002-08-21, 04:32 AM
Marijuana isnt addictive! so go out there and get yourself wasted!

http://www.flagline.com/images/novelty-marijuana.gif

User Name # 1
2002-08-21, 04:47 AM
Please, no proselitism !

Strider Fury
2002-08-21, 04:52 AM
to tell you the truth, the first post are just to grab people's attention and the second one's suppose to direct you to this matter.

http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/marijuana/10things.html

feel free to share you thoughts about the usage of this produce, cause i've never touched them before in my life.

User Name # 1
2002-08-21, 05:09 AM
Number of deaths attributable to selected substances in a typical year:

Tobacco........................................... .........340,000 - 395,000
Alcohol (excluding crime/accidents).............125,000+
Drug Overdose (prescription)......................24,000 - 27,000
Drug Overdose (illegal)..............................3,800 - 5,200
Marijuana......................................... .........0

I can't find the exact number, but to get OD with Cannabis, human would have to take like 30 Kg at once.

The same plant, known as hemp, has an estimated 50,000 non-drug commercial uses including paper, textiles, fuels, food and sealants, but these uses are also banned by existing laws.

Strider Fury
2002-08-21, 06:08 AM
thats why you get medicinal ones. marijuana is like illegal in 52 states.

User Name # 1
2002-08-21, 06:28 AM
Marijuana is illegal in many contries due to USA.
It was legal in European contries (and USA i guess) till the middle of century(20). But US decide to prohibit it all around the world (they succeded in Europe) because CUBA was producing a lot of marijuana, and US government didn't like it.

Strider Fury
2002-08-21, 07:27 AM
i dont get it... if marijuana isnt addictive nor does it do any damage to your health then why was it banned? is it to control the hippie population? isnt marijuana suposively makes you less violent? then why ban it?! if i was my country i'll legalize and make it a law to smoke marijuana in a milisecond.

Jamesadin
2002-08-21, 10:10 AM
well its legal to use it medisanaly in the provence which I live in

Hell Hound
2002-08-21, 10:22 AM
the banning of marijuwana is dumb u think the government would wnna make alot of money by taxing it but thay would rather porduce and make legal things that kill us such as tabacco

Strider Fury
2002-08-21, 12:51 PM
yeah! cause if everybody was smoking weed no one would die from cancer cause of smoking! damn the US government.

ask_rabber
2002-08-21, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Strider Fury
marijuana is like illegal in 52 states.

52 states? theres 50 in all of america... unless you're adding in some other countries states also...

Strider Fury
2002-08-21, 01:03 PM
dude, i'm living outside of the states. i'm lucky to even know what comes right after 'The 52 states of ....'

User Name # 1
2002-08-21, 01:29 PM
i dont get it... if marijuana isnt addictive nor does it do any damage to your health then why was it banned? is it to control the hippie population? isnt marijuana suposively makes you less violent? then why ban it?! if i was my country i'll legalize and make it a law to smoke marijuana in a milisecond.

Originally posted by User Name # 1
Marijuana is illegal in many contries due to USA.
It was legal in European contries (and USA i guess) till the middle of century(20). But US decide to prohibit it all around the world (they succeded in Europe) because CUBA was producing a lot of marijuana, and US government didn't like it.

USA hates CUBA and didn't want it got money from this production.
Classifying cannabis like other drug (which is completly absurd)was to intend to gain popularity from other contries to justify their action. They won

Also, I'm not for a legalisation of cannabis, but i'd rather prefer a "depenalisation' (don't know the translation, kind "no justice action for using it").

If the government legalise it, people who smoke to cross over the prohibition would have to find another illegal product to face the prohibition. They may then use drugs more dangerous like cocain, heroin or so.
On the other hand, if government just "depenalise" it, cannabis remain illegal, but people who use to consume it would be considered better than out the law. They could even control their product by growning their own plants.

Sirpullido
2002-08-21, 01:34 PM
my friends grow their own plants and that's not illegal, ilegal is consumption and trafic with it

BlueCube
2002-08-21, 01:35 PM

If the government legalise it, people who smoke to cross over the prohibition would have to find another illegal product to face the prohibition. They may then use drugs more dangerous like cocain, heroin or so.
On the other hand, if government just "depenalise" it, cannabis remain illegal, but people who use to consume it would be considered better than out the law. They could even control their product by growning their own plants.

So, in other words, it's a crime, with no punishment? But, if there's no way to enforce it, how is it a crime? Or would it be a crime in name only... Such as having to put it on your insurance, when you sign up for work, etc. The only way it would work is if there was a way to register that you smoke it.

Never smoked it (or did any other kind of drug) in my life, but I would like to see it decriminalized, if only to run the drug dealers out of buisiness.

tacoX
2002-08-21, 01:36 PM
Well, you also live in spain, so its legal there ;)

But a friend of mine was couht with 1pound of pot (while breaking into a car) and tried as a drug dealer, and convicted. Hes not in juivie

Strider Fury
2002-08-21, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Sirpullido
my friends grow their own plants and that's not illegal, ilegal is consumption and trafic with it

smoking them greenz, eh sirpullido? guess no one is dumb enough to smoke them right outside of the police station, so i dont see how consumption is 'illegal'.

but, theres really no point in legalizing it, i guess. since ppl have told me that you will never get caught unless you start selling them, etc outside or school cause i know some students in my high school works as informatives for the cops, so once you start selling them then its kiss your ass goodbye.

Sirpullido
2002-08-21, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by tacoX
Well, you also live in spain, so its legal there ;)

But a friend of mine was couht with 1pound of pot (while breaking into a car) and tried as a drug dealer, and convicted. Hes not in juivie Well, here if u are caught with more then a spliff(0.3-0.5grames) u gotta pay a 240$ bill (aprox) and if the quantity is high enough u can end up in the trials(A friend got caught with 150gr of hashis and he avoided it cuz he was 15) Actually, here police is kinda flexible with marihuana consumption and most times ur seen with a spliff ur not punished

User Name # 1
2002-08-21, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BlueCube

So, in other words, it's a crime, with no punishment? But, if there's no way to enforce it, how is it a crime?

It would remain a 'crime' if you used it and had a car accident for example.
You won't get trouble if you use it at home, but it would remain illegal.

Strider Fury
2002-08-21, 01:51 PM
yeah like the time when allen iverson go arrested. proccession of marijuana in his car while another person was driving it.

BlueCube
2002-08-21, 01:53 PM
So it would be more like drinking, then. If you commit certain crimes under the influence, it would be a more severe charge against you..

That's what I always thought would happen with the "decriminalization movement" itself. I agree with your stance completely.

Hades-Knight
2002-08-21, 02:30 PM
it is easier for underage to get marijuana than to get a normal cig or other alcoholic drink(lets not include beer since you can just open your fridge and get one of your dads heh)

ask_rabber
2002-08-21, 02:33 PM
i dont smoke weed, but its much easier for me and my friends to get alcohol. my friend has his cousin, or his cousins friend pick it up for us just about whenever we want, that is as long as we pay them a little extra (maybe like $2).

Chruser
2002-08-21, 02:55 PM
Frequent inhalation of cannabis smoke over a period of years can lead to bronchitis and other respiratory disorders, cancer of the lung and other parts of the digestive tract. Very high doses can also cause coma in young people, not to mention it may also exacerbate existing mental health problems.

I pity those of you who say that it's a harmless drug.

Alcohol can be addictive unlike the mentioned drug, and yes, it usually has more harmful effects if you consume it a lot, but on the other hand, small controlled consumptions of alcohol are safer than small consumptions of "weed".

RoboticSilence
2002-08-21, 03:21 PM
A lot of things are legal in Amsterdam and it has the lowest percentage of drug addicts in Europe... coincidence? I think not. If things are legal, there's less urge to use them just to rebel which some people do.

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-08-21, 03:27 PM
well it isnt harmful to us, makes us all mellowed out, thats exactlly the problem... the government doesnt want to legalize it because if they did then their would be a bunch of lazy asses everywhere all mellowed out with their iq dropped to 50

RoboticSilence
2002-08-21, 03:41 PM
I know a lot of smart people who smoke pot and get better grades than I do... I'm sure it's not proven that it lowers your IQ or really has any long term effects at all.

User Name # 1
2002-08-21, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Chruser
Frequent inhalation of cannabis smoke over a period of years can lead to bronchitis and other respiratory disorders, cancer of the lung and other parts of the digestive tract.

This is the fact that most people use cigarette to inhale cannabis.
Oh btw, do you know that some asthma trouble are cured with canabis sativae as medecine ? true !

Very high doses can also cause coma in young people,

Cafein cause the same trouble in very high doses ;)

not to mention it may also exacerbate existing mental health problems.

Cannabis is use as a medecine in certain phsychatric treatment.
For a non 'exacerbate EXISTING mental health problem', there no way to worry about.

I pity those who say that chocolat is a harmless drug ;)

Alcohol can be addictive unlike the mentioned drug, and yes, it usually has more harmful effects if you consume it a lot,

100% agree.
just one thing, Alcohol is addictive, ok, but cannabis has a certain psychological dependence. 'Certain', because it may vary from one subject to the other.

but on the other hand, small controlled consumptions of alcohol are safer than small consumptions of "weed".

50% agree with you. It's not safer, it's just as harmfull.(didn't wanted to say that's it is the opposite.... ;) )
BTW, mixing alcohol and 'weed' is not advised.

JohnnyTAE
2002-08-21, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Knight-Rider
it is easier for underage to get marijuana than to get a normal cig or other alcoholic drink(lets not include beer since you can just open your fridge and get one of your dads heh)

I seen this on the tv last night a news report about the situation lol I could if I wanted too just go grab a Nug out of my dads marijuna stash if I wanted too to...

Originally posted by ask_rabber
i dont smoke weed, but its much easier for me and my friends to get alcohol. my friend has his cousin, or his cousins friend pick it up for us just about whenever we want, that is as long as we pay them a little extra (maybe like $2).

It's probably due to the people you hang out with around here we have like 2-5 connections (Ganja dealers) depending on local police activity

and we have this local gas station in check we tell the guy to give us this that and this (including alcohol, cigaretts) and he just give it to us no questions asked (of course it did take a little Debating :grin: first)

I have smoked marijuana and tried Red devils and Dramamhine but I quit all that stuff I think it is time to seek out a better life style plus I did some crazy shit while fucked up that I regret....

Sirpullido
2002-08-21, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Chruser
Frequent inhalation of cannabis smoke over a period of years can lead to bronchitis and other respiratory disorders, cancer of the lung and other parts of the digestive tract. Very high doses can also cause coma in young people, not to mention it may also exacerbate existing mental health problems.

Alcohol can be addictive unlike the mentioned drug, and yes, it usually has more harmful effects if you consume it a lot, but on the other hand, small controlled consumptions of alcohol are safer than small consumptions of "weed".
tobacco is direct cause of 11 diferent cancers, also is related to many cardiopathies and minor problems in ur nervous system and it's far away more addictive.
Alcohol affects directly to many organs like liver,kidneys & such also have direct affect to nervous system, mental health and more shit like that

All of em, marihuana, tobacco, and alcohol are toxins so none of em is risk-free... Just that evaluating the risks i dun see why weed is not depenalized, (I don't think it shall be legalized cuz what username#1 said was 100% correct, people'd go into more dangerous drugs)

Grav
2002-08-21, 06:39 PM
dude, i'm living outside of the states. i'm lucky to even know what comes right after 'The 52 states of ....'

I guess so, I mean, I don't know how many provinces Canada has. Or how many french people there are. But.. hell. America is just more important. I think there's a law about that. Enforced by the UN. Or something. We have the UN. You have.. Eskimos. We have Eskimo pie. We are, therefor, better.

Penguin
2002-08-21, 06:43 PM
everything is risky.... taking a shower is risky, turning on your monitor is risky, shit even turning your head is risky =p

Grav
2002-08-21, 06:44 PM
That's why I figure "Less movement = Safer."

Sirpullido
2002-08-21, 06:46 PM

do you know that some asthma trouble are cured with canabis sativae as medecine
Not smoked, but yes, I've heard from an asthmatic friend that he felt like if his bronquios opened wider with marijuana

Cafein cause the same trouble in very high doses ;)as any other excitant substance it causes tachycardy

Cannabis is use as a medecine in certain phsychatric treatment.
For a non 'exacerbate EXISTING mental health problem', there no way to worry about.I didn't knew this. Gotta say i tough it was contraindicated on most people under psychiatric treatment

I pity those who say that chocolat is a harmless drug ;)ya, as a substitute of sex it's very addictive :p

cannabis has a certain psychological dependence. 'Certain', because it may vary from one subject to the other. Everything can have certain psychological dependence if ur a compulsive being, just that, as marihuana is a drug people recognice that dependence...I'm sure there are plenty of people with a psychological dependence of cookies

Sirpullido
2002-08-21, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Penguin
everything is risky.... taking a shower is risky, turning on your monitor is risky, shit even turning your head is risky =p I know, that's why i smoke 2 lucky strike boxes a day, drink beer everyday, whisky often and rhum with coke every weekend and...I smoked weed...
In one way or another u'll die so...

User Name # 1
2002-08-22, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Sirpullido

I didn't knew this. Gotta say i tough it was contraindicated on most people under psychiatric treatment

yes , medicine is sometimes stange.
Like the treatment which is given to hyper-active children : amphetamine !

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-08-22, 09:34 AM
yes "pure Marijuana" is safe, it is considered as harmful as your daily cofee(witch is nothing). I would still be smoking "marijuana" if it was "pure" but nowadays i can only find "cocopuffs" and other breeds (cocopuffs=cocain mixed with marijuana) other breeds may include special K or even some sprayed chemical's on it such as window cleaner soultions. This is why "marijuana is harmful" because id have to say 75% of it has something in it that is not part of it's original formula.
If the government did legalize mariguana that would mean it would be grown by them thus making the weed 100% clean safe and harmless, so really the government isnt thinking in 2 ways(if they were to legalize it, and what it is like now)