PDA

View Full Version : [XBOX360] Xbox rrod

Asamin
2009-01-24, 09:38 PM
I know that at least one person out there has gotten it. I was wondering if anyone had an easy, free way to fix the overheat and motherboard problem because I am only 16 and don't have $100 sitting around to pay fucking Microsoft to fix something that is their fault.

Goodlookinguy
2009-01-25, 12:45 AM
I know that at least one person out there has gotten it. I was wondering if anyone had an easy, free way to fix the overheat and motherboard problem because I am only 16 and don't have $100 sitting around to pay fucking Microsoft to fix something that is their fault.

Look up a way to fix it on instructables.com. That's actually how I fixed it, and surprisingly enough, it does work. I followed all of the instructions and didn't do the themal compond and when I turned it on it was now three rings instead of 2. As soon as I went back and applied the Themal Compond, bam, the overheating problem went away. Now it's just fine and has been working great for over two months.

Oh, and it cost me about $10 in all. Keep in mind though, that I had all of the proper screw drivers and other devices to begin with.

Lenny
2009-01-25, 02:47 AM
How old's the Xbox? I can't remember you making any noise about get a launch unit, so I'm going to assume that it's still within the extended three year warranty and, seeing as it's a RRoD problem, Microsoft will fix it for free.

Asamin
2009-01-25, 07:43 PM
They told me 1 year and I have had it for a year and a month.... Also, they told me I would have to pay $100. Thanks GLG, I'll look into that.

Kazilla
2009-01-25, 07:44 PM
As far as I know Microsoft was offering to fix RROD problems for free, even after warranty expiration dates.

Asamin
2009-01-26, 11:34 AM
So, I can now take the casing off my Xbox. Just need the right things to open the metal stuff so I can get to my motherboard.

Asamin
2009-01-26, 11:48 AM
Did a bit of looking into things and I have the sister to the RROD called E 74. Unfortunately, I am just as fucked. It is piratically the same problem but it is not covered by the RRoD extended warranty.

Goodlookinguy
2009-01-27, 01:36 AM
Here's a great way to fix it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6pB2F_J31w&fmt=18*

Here's an actual guide to fixing it. Amazingly, a 34-minute video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAhI8KYz0rc

*This is meant as a joke

Asamin
2009-01-27, 04:04 AM
I just threw my Xbox in a pool and now it works! Thanks GLG! :p

gruesomeBODY
2009-01-27, 04:21 PM
Just call microsoft and they basically fix it for free. I remember them telling me that they extended warranties because of the RROD.