PDA

View Full Version : Unsolvable.

Sum Yung Guy
2008-09-23, 07:19 AM
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

Let's say Einstein is correct in this statement. Existence can never be 'solved'. I have thought about it a great deal recently, and lets say the singularity happens. AI creating simulated universes in order to find the answer to existence, and in turn them creating singularities and AIs that create simulated universes to find the answer. We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Every thought the brain has is the cause of an outside influence. You hear a loud noise and look in that direction because you heard the noise. We can never have a truly unique thought, just the perception of having a unique thought... therefor how are we going to solve the ultimate question?

We are just an unsolvable influence based ever changing existence.

D3V
2008-09-23, 01:07 PM
Our comprehension will eventually top out I feel, it is going to take AI to be able to comprehend our existence, I believe.

Great paragraph, i'll elaborate later.

Sum Yung Guy
2008-09-23, 03:03 PM
Or we will just perceive that our comprehension is topped out...? I hope it doesn't top out, I hope there is always more questions and problems to solve. An infinite amount of questions and an infinite amount of journeys finding the answers.

D3V
2008-09-23, 03:45 PM
We apply theories to laws that is how we are limited. I mean we can imagine anything, but what is pheaseable by law is how we will top off.

S2 AM
2008-09-24, 12:59 AM
Or we will just perceive that our comprehension is topped out...? I hope it doesn't top out, I hope there is always more questions and problems to solve. An infinite amount of questions and an infinite amount of journeys finding the answers.

You sound like someone who wants to live forever. Every good story has an end.

That's what I think is really funny about religion and an afterlife. Every since I was young I wondered about eternity, and dreaded it - had nightmares about it when I was in elementary school. Being older, I can now see it would be dreadful. Having death follows the same reasoning that having pain makes pleasure possible. Without death, life would have much less meaning... less value.

Mankind will eventually die

Wolfturn
2009-03-04, 10:40 AM
You sound like someone who wants to live forever. Every good story has an end.

That's what I think is really funny about religion and an afterlife. Every since I was young I wondered about eternity, and dreaded it - had nightmares about it when I was in elementary school. Being older, I can now see it would be dreadful. Having death follows the same reasoning that having pain makes pleasure possible. Without death, life would have much less meaning... less value.

Mankind will eventually die

So you wouldn't like to live forever? What if you could live forever, in a perfect world?

Perfect meaning, no Sickness, no dieing, no bad pplz stealing your ps3's. No fighting ect.

You wouldn't like that?.. I mean, there really is an infinite amount of stuff out there to learn..

D3V
2009-03-04, 01:32 PM
Me personally, hell no. Things would need to improve and our entire way of thinking would probably have to be shifter to a higher intelligence.

Wallow
2009-03-04, 01:35 PM
You'd have to travel out of our galaxy to encounter that.

D3V
2009-03-04, 01:36 PM
Not necessairily.

Jessifer
2009-03-04, 10:01 PM
I believe that the last human being to exist will be the one to realize all the answers. What a sad moment that will be...

Sum Yung Guy
2009-03-04, 11:26 PM
I believe that the last human being to exist will be the one to realize all the answers. What a sad moment that will be...

Well if quantum theory(many worlds theory) is true, then it's likely quantum immortality(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_immortality) is also true, and that pretty much means eventually you will be the last human(from your own perspective)

Jessifer
2009-03-05, 10:27 AM
What a sad moment that will be for me...

D3V
2009-03-05, 12:56 PM
That's how God must feel, and hence why he created a universe to preside over. What a vicious cycle.

Wolfturn
2009-03-05, 05:07 PM
Me personally, hell no. Things would need to improve and our entire way of thinking would probably have to be shifter to a higher intelligence.

Why? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Jessifer
2009-03-06, 11:26 AM
God must be a bit of a Sadist.