PDA

View Full Version : Children?..

D3V
2008-08-28, 09:30 PM
I don't want a poll because I would like substantial answers.

Do you plan on ever having children? If so, how many? How long will you wait? Any names planned out? What do you look for in a mother/father of your children? Do you plan on getting married before having children?

A basic rundown of some obvious questions that I don't think have ever been discussed on here, I will wait for a few responses to reply myself, however I am sure the answered will for the most part be similar.

And if you don't, explain why. Try and post in great depth why not, what is your reasoning and thinking behind the way you do. I am curious as to how our fellow Zelarites think, and comprehend this world we live in.

:)

KagomJack
2008-08-28, 10:36 PM
Yes, I do plan on having children in the future. I'd like to have one, but two would work. I'd like the first one to be biological, so a surrogate mother.

No names planned.

WetWired
2008-08-28, 11:18 PM
Tatyana

Draco2003
2008-08-28, 11:38 PM
I am definately not getting kids. I refuse to pass on my fathers' genes. I figure at the way my sister is popping out puppies, I can rub off on one of them and allow my knowledge to be passed. Or my brother... he has one already too. So since I am only interested in passing on my knowledge rather than my genes, other kids will suffice.

Vault Dweller
2008-08-29, 01:04 AM
I've seen too many out-of-fucking-control children in the store to even consider putting up with that kind of bullshit. No way I'd have the patience to raise a kid.

However, I would name mine Robert Bruce after my grandfather.

quikspy67
2008-08-29, 01:51 AM
That is a good idea, name him after your grandfather.

Kazilla
2008-08-29, 06:55 AM
I've seen too many out-of-fucking-control children in the store to even consider putting up with that kind of bullshit. No way I'd have the patience to raise a kid.
thats because the parents don't know wtf a backhand is. parenting is on raising your children in fear. for instance, i was scared to hell of backtalking my parents, even my mom would go get my dads belt and start swinning, you only wished she hit your butt at that point. I didnt act out as a child because i knew the consequences. Ever watch Nanny 911? Those kids dont understand the pain a pissed off mother can do... The out of control kids you see are because the parents dont know wtf to do!

Willkillforfood
2008-08-29, 08:05 AM
I'm going to try not to beat my kids if I can avoid it, but I won't hesitate to kick some ass if they need it.

Lenny
2008-08-29, 08:41 AM
I'd like two - a girl and a boy. Maybe one more, but we'll have to wait and see. As for names, I'm not sure for the boy, but I'm partial to the name Cecily (se-silly) for the girl.

As far as discipline goes, the odd slap is a good thing. Beating seven bails out of the kids isn't good for them, but a slap when they're really asking for it can do wonders. I'd also probably employ the ignoring method - if they want attention, I just ignore them. Headphones and loud music can make even the most annoying child go away. A lock on your door helps, too... even better a lock on their, sound-proofed door.

Thanatos
2008-08-29, 09:55 AM
I'm going to try not to beat my kids if I can avoid it, but I won't hesitate to kick some ass if they need it.

Amen. No, you aren't a child abuser if you're just trying to keep your kid in line. I hate how parents think they can't have full control over their kids nowadays. You see too many kids bossing their parents around and their parents bend over backwards for them. Fuck that. As my father told me many times, "I brought you in to this world, and I can take you out of it."

My kids are going to know who's boss.

Lenny
2008-08-29, 10:08 AM
There was an incident a few weeks ago in which a father smacked his thirteen year old daughter (she was hammering on the neighbours door at two in the morning). She phoned the police, they warned him, and he lost his job.

There was also something in Canada last year where the parents disciplined their son, and he took them to court over it.

Tuttifrutti
2008-08-29, 10:13 AM
i want 3 kids, like 2 boys and then a girl, and i want them to be after college and after i've gotten a teaching job and i'm secure and have a home and all that kinda junk. i'm excited and scared to have kids one day, because i know going through the pregnancy aint gonna be fun. i've thought about names before but that's just a girl for you :D i like meredith, madeleine, cheyenne.. i used to like savannah. i won't pass down my middle name to a baby girl, wouldn't put her through that lol. and i'm not sure what i like for a boy name.

Jessifer
2008-08-29, 10:21 AM
Yes, I want children. I've always seen myself as having kids, even when I was a child myself. I personally want three or four children. Earlier in life I had wanted to have children in my early 20's for the sheer reason of wanting to be there for as much of their lives as possible. It seems, however, that that's not going to happen, so I officially don't know when I'm going to have kids. I do know that I won't start having children until I'm married, though.

I've been thinking of names since I was little. If I have a son I would like his name to be Alexzander Jay (Jay after my father's middle name), and I'm also partial to the name Bladen. For me, girls names are a bit more difficult because I don't want anything common like my or my sisters' name (Jessica and Michelle). So far I like the name Willow Sue (Sue after my mother's middle name).

As for what I look for in a father, I think I'll focus on what I personally look for in a guy and go from there.

As far as discipline goes, I'm not against the occasional spanking if the child behaves too far out of hand, but the fear tactic in my opinion is not how to parent a child. Fear can only go so far before the child either rebels or breaks. I don't my children to be so afraid of me that they wouldn't come to me to talk about problems they may be having.

Wallow
2008-08-29, 10:25 AM
There was also something in Canada last year where the parents disciplined their son, and he took them to court over it.
The thing is that kid will probably now be screwed with no parents. I'd disown my child if he did that. Yes, I want to have children. Either a boy and a girl or 2 boys and 2 girls. My parents raised me in the best way possible, so I'd like the chance to "pay it forward" (if anyone has ever seen that movie). Also, I'm the only guy my parents had (2 older sisters), so I need to pass my last name on to other individuals (although, there's always my cousins who can do that).

Jessifer
2008-08-29, 10:31 AM
Girls are more common on both sides of my family, so of all of the cousins that I had, there was only one boy on each side to pass on the names.

KagomJack
2008-08-29, 10:39 AM
Thinking more about it, some boy names I'd be partial to are Ahmed, Jason, Sanjay, Alexei, and Akram. For girls, I'm partial to Katja/Katya, Barika, Cassandra, Frida, and Ashima.

Chruser
2008-08-29, 10:57 AM
I will build it myself.

-Spector-
2008-08-29, 01:54 PM
I'd like to have 2 or 3 children.

First boy I have I want to name Micah, after my best friend.
Girl I want to name Alice
And if another girl, then Eve
Or another boy... Julian maybe.

Lenny
2008-08-29, 02:28 PM
That's another nice name - Eve. Evie is also nice, as is Edie.

WetWired
2008-08-29, 03:53 PM
Are you aware that traditionally, Katya is a nickname? It is short for Ekaterina.

As far as discipline goes, my father wasn't afraid to whip me with the belt, and it was the best thing he could have done. My parents got divorced; my two siblings just got time out and they've been terribly misbehaved and rebelious.