PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

-Spector-
2008-08-12, 01:58 PM
My brother-in-law is going to be playing this game when it comes out. Does anyone else plan on trying it out? I've heard it's pretty good but I haven't decided whether I want to play or not.

What are your opinions?

Kazilla
2008-08-12, 02:37 PM
i will be playing this when it comes out, i got a few buddies of mine who were heavy into warhammer tabletop - my buddy was like a defending champion in a couple tournaments. He is going to play a chaos something, i think the melee fighter i forget his name, and so to enhance him im gonna play a goblin shaman, should be a very good game

Chruser
2008-08-12, 02:49 PM
"Enter a grim fantasy world where the armies of Order (Dwarfs, High Elves, and Empire) and Destruction (Greenskins, Dark Elves, and Chaos) collide to determine the fate of nations."

Good and evil must fight yet again? How innovative.

Kazilla
2008-08-12, 02:54 PM
what game doesnt put good vs evil?

Chruser
2008-08-12, 06:24 PM
what game doesnt put good vs evil?

Primarily games by nihilistic game developers. Unfortunately, there aren't many of them. Deus Ex and Fallout 2 are prima examples, but as far as MMO games go, PlanetSide is the only one that comes to mind (due to its utilization of three, fairly neutral factions which players can become part of).

-Spector-
2008-08-12, 07:16 PM
Spore will be somewhat of a neutral game I think. There won't be an actual "Evil" just bigger predators.

Kazilla
2008-08-12, 07:40 PM
im not very experience in Fallout, but from the preview i got from e3 i saw that you are a marine, with a nifty watch. and you are running through DC in the future trying to ____________? But in any case you are there to accomplish a goal - unfortunetly on your way there are evil marines (idk are they zombies? or just bad guys) that you must clear through in order to get to your objective.

When i finished writing that i think i remember the guy who did the demo saying you can actually talk your way through the game? as in not have to fight. In that case then yea i could see it being a nuetral game. But if at any point you have to go up against any object be it through fighting or, the need to have an enhanced ability of persuasion. I would consider that Good Vs Evil.

Even in 'A Bugs Life' (for playstation 1) it was good vs evil. A good bug, trying to save his colony, against the evil bugs. Solitare even, you are the good player trying to get the cards in order, and the evil computer doesnt let it happen - you have to beat it.

My friend told me everything in the world can be boiled down to 50/50. If there are 3 people; Shirley, Nancy, and Amanda, and only 1 apple. What are the odds of Amanda getting it? Most people say 1/3'rd but in fact amanda has a 50/50 chance. She is either going to get it or she isnt.

Sovereign
2008-08-12, 10:51 PM
I'm in the beta. Nothing really special about it other then the graphics.....

I havn't played it much though. Havn't had much free time.

jamer123
2008-08-13, 09:23 AM
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

-Spector-
2008-08-13, 02:54 PM
The great wisdom of Jamer has convinced me to buy this game.

Thank you.

Kazilla
2008-09-07, 12:21 PM
this game is closeing in on us and the need to start organzing has come! whos actually going to play? not many answered spector's post.

im going to play a goblin shaman with about 4 other friends of mine. should we organize a zelaron guild before the actual release as to prevent server spread?

Kazilla
2008-09-07, 01:28 PM
update

I have just made a warhammer social group, with enough people joining i think we should think about a hosted section? possibly for a guild or just a generalized section for us....

[PC] Warhammer (http://zelaron.com/forum/group.php?groupid=19)