PDA

View Full Version : Feminists cry foul over Fat Princess

KagomJack
2008-07-29, 07:29 AM
Feminists cry foul over Fat Princess

Does Sony's cartoony castle game cross the line?

By Ben Silverman

She's plump, powerful and ready to cause more controversy than "SuperSize Me."

She's Fat Princess, the star of Sony's upcoming video game of the same name. Debuting at last week's E3 expo, the colorful Fat Princess is a capture-the-flag game with a twist: you can thwart capture attempts by locking the once-thin princess in a dungeon and stuffing her full of cake, thereby increasing her girth and making her harder for your enemies to haul back to home base.

According to popular gaming blog Joystiq, two feminist gaming sites have already voiced their displeasure with the weighty issue.

Feminist Gamer's "Mighty Ponygirl" rings in diplomatically, suggesting a new way to play the game altogether.

"Instead of running out into the forest to find cake to fatten up the princess with, why not go out and find gold (which is a lot heavier than cake) to stuff into a treasure chest. The more gold in the chest, the heavier it would be, and the harder it would be to carry," she said, before adding, "Oh, but that's not as "cute" as cake and fat chicks. Right."

Over at Shakesville, however, writer Melissa McEwan cuts to the chase, telling Sony she's "positively thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative ---holes."

Sony has yet to issue an official response, although Joystiq did receive a particularly informative update from James Green, Fat Princess' lead art director, who clued gamers in on the origins of the game:

"Does it make it better or worse that the concept artist (who designed the look, characters, everything) is a girl?"

Hmmm...hope the game's detractors don't mind eating a bit of crow.

http://l.yimg.com/jh/content/p/2/1232317/screen001.jpg

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/feminists-cry-foul-over-fat-princess/1232315

Draco2003
2008-07-29, 10:12 AM
FUCK THE FEMINISTS!!!

They complain that the bitch is fat! They would complain if she was voluptuous! They complain if there is no woman in the fucking game! What do they want???

Last I checked, eating a grip of sweets causes obesity. Or at least that's what science says. If anything, it's showing that fat women are desireable! LOL :D
I swear man... anything to fucking complain...

Jessifer
2008-07-29, 10:14 AM
I think it's rather amusing.

quikspy67
2008-07-29, 10:15 AM
No matter what they would complain I hate feminists for that reason.

-Spector-
2008-07-29, 02:35 PM
Let's start a manist cult and kill the feminists.

talentedhamster
2008-07-29, 05:26 PM
I think it's rather amusing.
agreed. so what if shes fat? big friggin deal. people are fat, thats life.

-Spector-
2008-07-29, 07:34 PM
Life is NOT fat people.

Wallow
2008-07-29, 07:58 PM
agreed. so what if shes fat? big friggin deal. people are fat, thats life.

I bet some other group of people will complain that this is encouraging kids to be fat.

WetWired
2008-07-29, 09:37 PM
I bet some other group of people will complain that this is encouraging kids to be fat.
Just like Metal Gear Solid somehow encourages smoking with Snake coughing his lungs out and losing health whenever he does it...

Obviously, if having your princess get fat is a bad thing, being fat should come across negatively.

KagomJack
2008-07-30, 10:13 AM
I agree. If anything they make it seem like her being fat is a good thing (for you, anyway).

WetWired
2008-07-30, 10:24 AM
From what I understand from that article, there's two sides, and each has a fat princess. When yours (held captive by the other side) gets fat, that's a problem for you.

hotdog
2008-07-30, 11:03 AM
No matter what they would complain I hate feminists for that reason.

"If you try to talk about it you are a sissy. If you break the other persons legs you are an ignorant thug. If you talk to the other person while breaking their legs you are a psycho."

"Women will always complain."

"That is why me in my awesomeness decided to create a group and get them the exclusive rights to attack other groups with baseball bats if they complain. Sadly it failed because someone complained about it."

I quote this man for the TRUTH!