PDA

View Full Version : Internet Upgrade

hotdog
2008-07-05, 03:16 PM
Well we decided to upgrade the internet. That's the good news. The bad news? Oh we will be without the internet for a MONTH while they set it all up. White American workers at their finest.

I bet when all is said and done someone will have shocked themselves to death or something. Stupid hillbillies...

Anyways try not to miss me too much :rolleyes:

And someone copy all of zonalon's posts while I am gone. He's my comic relief and ticket to having an easy time passing laws to opress white religious people.:haha:

HandOfHeaven
2008-07-05, 03:59 PM
Have fun? Shouldn't an upgrade take an hour or so?

Lenny
2008-07-05, 05:11 PM
He might need new cables, so I can understand why it could take a month - council employed workers over here can take a damned month to dig a simple hole!

What speed are you going from and to, hotdog?

hotdog
2008-07-05, 06:18 PM
He might need new cables, so I can understand why it could take a month - council employed workers over here can take a damned month to dig a simple hole!

What speed are you going from and to, hotdog?

This is the entire reason as to why I don't understand it. We are merely moving up from a basic cable that I THINK, not too sure on this, is about 2 megs a sec. It is going to become 4 megs a sec. *IF I AM CORRECT.* I can't seem to remember the KB to MB rate :confused: I am pretty sure it was 1000 KB = 1 MB though.

Happens at the end of this month. Since if they took us offline now I would have to get a refund as this month is already paid.

!King_Amazon!
2008-07-05, 06:29 PM
That small of an upgrade is not worth being without internet for a month, in my opinion.

Wallow
2008-07-06, 06:10 PM
How dependant we have all become to the internet
It will eat us soon!

hotdog
2008-07-12, 10:00 AM
Oh you will love this. They just did it and decided to not charge this month on the upgraded net. Why? I have a feeling it's because I went in to the building to talk with people for my brother because they were hassling him about turning off his phone.

Seems to me like they were surprised when I was able to speak perfect english. The greatest surprise is when I told them my name. All of a sudden it's "Oh hello so your Mr. Torruellas? The one who ordered the new internet speed?"

I swear to god it's because one of these two reasons.

1. They thought I was spanish or black because my last name. But then after seeing me and learning I was white they suddenly waved the upgraded fee and let me pay a whole month in advance cheaper than normal. Something about being a regular customer.

2. Because I came in and forced them to turn off my brothers old cell phone service.

I swear to god this happened. Is this BS or what? I wonder if you can sue for discrimination when it benefits you? Can you do that?

!King_Amazon!
2008-07-12, 11:43 AM
Doesn't surprise me at all.

hotdog
2008-07-12, 05:47 PM
I'm just stoked that I won't be going offline now. Not to mention it makes me look like an attention whore on the two forums I go to. The other is a gaming forum but I also posted there. At least I am a mod so I could delete the topic on that one but I still don't like the fact that they did that. It's total BS. You cannot suddenly go from needing a month to needing mere minutes.