PDA

View Full Version : I'm Free!!!!!

Thanatos
2008-06-11, 09:24 AM
After being arrested in April '06 for posession of weed, I was sentenced to 80 hours of community service, 12 weeks of 3 a week classes, and then 8 weeks of a once a week class. This whole ordeal has cost me $2,500+ out of my own pocket. Today I had my case dropped, and nothing went on my record. FUCKING FINALLY.

I can now do whatever I want and not have that nagging thought in the back of my mind. I'm never getting arrested again. Play it safe, guys, it's much better then going through all this bullshit. But I am so freakin relieved you have no idea. I have my life back!

Chruser
2008-06-11, 09:30 AM
Ouch, $2500? What did you pay for? Anyway, congratulations on getting the case dropped!

Coriander
2008-06-11, 09:38 AM
Congratz!

Thanatos
2008-06-11, 09:38 AM
$1,650 for my lawyer
$565 in court costs
$200 just to register for the classes
$700 for the 12-week classes
$320 for the 8-week class

And I'm not exaggerating one bit here. Guess I've paid $3,400+ for this. ALL OF THIS IS BECAUSE I HAD 2 GRAMS OF WEED ON ME. Fucking unreal.

!King_Amazon!
2008-06-11, 09:53 AM
$1,650 for my lawyer
$565 in court costs
$200 just to register for the classes
$700 for the 12-week classes
$320 for the 8-week class

And I'm not exaggerating one bit here. Guess I've paid $3,400+ for this. ALL OF THIS IS BECAUSE I HAD 2 GRAMS OF WEED ON ME. Fucking unreal.

It's unfortunate that our government does what it does. :/

I'm curious, have you ever seen the documentary "Grass"? You should check it out, if you haven't.

Thanatos
2008-06-11, 10:50 AM
This is $3,500 from one poor, single, would-be college student. Imagine how many people they bust for weed daily. It's ludicrous, man.

No I haven't seen it. Although, I did just rent a movie about the drug war and how it costs US citizens. Planning on watching it tonight.

HandOfHeaven
2008-06-11, 11:18 AM
Damn, all my friend got was a $127 fine.

Vault Dweller
2008-06-11, 11:28 AM
Congrats, dude. Sounds like a real load off the shoulders.

!King_Amazon!
2008-06-11, 12:21 PM
No I haven't seen it. Although, I did just rent a movie about the drug war and how it costs US citizens. Planning on watching it tonight.

That's essentially what Grass is. Hope it's a good one.

Willkillforfood
2008-06-11, 02:40 PM
And watch you turn around and party it up the next weekend :P.

osmoses-jones
2008-06-11, 02:53 PM
what is better thanatos pay 2500 or go to jail.

Willkillforfood
2008-06-11, 02:58 PM
Paying 3200 is better.

-Spector-
2008-06-11, 03:23 PM
I feel your pain.. I just got off my probation that lasted a year and a half... 9 pm curfew :(

hotdog
2008-06-11, 07:05 PM
I thought there were like 4 other ways to get the same high weed gives you and most of them are not actually illegal. I think nutmeg does the same thing when it's smoked.

!King_Amazon!
2008-06-11, 08:46 PM
I've heard mixed things about nutmeg. Some people say it gives you a high like pot, but weaker. Some say it makes you trip for 12+ hours. Most say that it takes an incredibly large amount to feel anything.

Salvia might be one of the things you're talking about. It's a common misconception that salvia is like pot. Most people who talk about salvia don't know what they're talking about. 90% of people who smoke salvia don't do it right.

HandOfHeaven
2008-06-11, 10:08 PM
Salvia is so not like pot.

I've done nutmeg, and it makes you fucking stupid if you do it right. I would heat it up and then parachute so many tablespoons worth. I don't recommend trying it, because I was 15 and it was a stupid idea. I ended up feeling more like shit than I did high.

Thanatos
2008-06-12, 07:46 AM
I think I'll stick with weed.

Wallow
2008-06-12, 02:25 PM
I guess there's not chance of you quitting?
Question that goes nowhere # 79

Thanatos
2008-06-12, 02:32 PM
At this stage in my life I see no real reason to quit. When the time comes to quit though, I'll definitely be ready for it.

Wallow
2008-06-12, 06:54 PM
Lol when it comes...Maybe at sixty after you're hooked up to some sort of machine and look like you are 90 you'll think about quitting.

HandOfHeaven
2008-06-12, 08:27 PM
Pics or it won't happen...

Thanatos
2008-06-13, 09:38 AM
Lol when it comes...Maybe at sixty after you're hooked up to some sort of machine and look like you are 90 you'll think about quitting.

Umm... what? Do you even have any idea what you're talking about? How is smoking weed going to make me look like I'm aging any quicker?

And no, my quitting point will either be when I start my career, meet the right girl that I can devote my life to, or when I enroll in school full-time. Those are three very important things to me and I don't need any distractions that might derail my long term goals. Right now, though, I'm single, about to be 21, and I have a decent job that can support the lifestyle I live. I see no reason to stop smoking now.

Also, marijuana is going to become decriminalized/legal in our lifetime. Book it.

Asamin
2008-06-13, 11:34 AM
Also, marijuana is going to become decriminalized/legal in our lifetime. Book it.
There would be a lot of people that would stop just because they would no longer get not only a high but the adrenalin rush for breaking a law.

Vault Dweller
2008-06-13, 11:38 AM
I never recall experiencing an adrenaline rush from breaking the law (with regard to marijuana). More uncomfortable paranoia than anything, which ultimately leads to a less fun high.

Thanatos
2008-06-13, 01:06 PM
Nor do I get any adrenaline rush because I'm breaking the law. It's pretty comical to see people that have absolutely no idea what they're talking about trying to get in on the conversation.

I've said this many times before: If you're smoking weed because you think it makes you look cool or you think you're a badass because you're breaking the law, you should cease and desist immediately.

Coriander
2008-06-13, 01:14 PM
When ever it does become Legal/Decriminalized. A dime bag will run you Fifty bucks due to the fact the government will tax the shit out of it.

!King_Amazon!
2008-06-13, 02:47 PM
Most likely, even if the government taxes it, the price will be lower than it is now. The price is high now because it's illegal. You're paying for the fact that joe blow is risking his ass.

Also, if it were legalized, it could be mass produced. Higher supply = lower cost.

hotdog
2008-06-13, 07:28 PM
Unless the govt. puts outrageous taxes on it. They can tax up to 65% of the proceeds on anything deemed hazardous to health. They could do it to cigs now if they wanted to but then they wouldn't make as much money. Better to only tax it like everything else it worked for booze and cigs and it will work for marijuana. They get their money off of addicts and addicts get their high.

Besides something that has been legalized already is the ability to sue someone for smoking around you. It's pretty funny actually because now smokers are limited to their house in this state either that or they ask and get a yes from everyone within 50 feet. I love how they weaseled their way to have it passed though.

Smoke is hazardous to the body. Assault is any action taken that harms your body. A smoker was just sued when they lit up a cig in front of a college yesterday. The charges were assault 3. So even if it's legalized Thanatos, I'm sorry to say, they will still find ways to screw you. In fact the whole reason they will make it legal is because it lets them screw you over more than they could when it wasn't. That's the way the govt. works.

Wallow
2008-06-13, 08:12 PM
I've said this many times before: If you're smoking weed because you think it makes you look cool or you think you're a badass because you're breaking the law, you should cease and desist immediately.

Well, that is probably a start for many people until they get addicted to the stuff. But simply "quitting" is harder than you put it out to be. What amazes me is that talk about your addiction to marijuana like you can quit at any time, like you're in control. No offense, but saying is much less than doing.

HandOfHeaven
2008-06-13, 08:28 PM
Have you ever been 'addicted' to weed? If you have willpower you can quit. It was easy as all hell for me, and I smoked for almost four years. Honestly, if you don't have experience on this subject, you shouldn't be making rash judgements or trying to act like you know a thing about it.

!King_Amazon!
2008-06-13, 11:02 PM
Well, that is probably a start for many people until they get addicted to the stuff. But simply "quitting" is harder than you put it out to be. What amazes me is that talk about your addiction to marijuana like you can quit at any time, like you're in control. No offense, but saying is much less than doing.
As a former smoker, I can say that, at least for me, it was not hard to quit.

I smoked a lot when I was younger, and always said that I could quit anytime I wanted. It was true. Marijuana doesn't have physically addicting properties. The only thing you get addicted to is the fact that it makes you high and happy. It's no different than being addicted to a video game or sex.

Willkillforfood
2008-06-13, 11:18 PM
It depends on your personality and genetic traits, most likely. Whether or not you're physically addicted to marijuana, I daresay a mental addiction to any substance that alters your mental state is a very real possibility. Of course I'm not an expert, but just speaking off my observations. I don't justify trying drugs as "experiencing life", so I haven't tried any, so I have no personal experience with the effects.

!King_Amazon!
2008-06-13, 11:23 PM
It depends on your personality and genetic traits, most likely. Whether or not you're physically addicted to marijuana, I daresay a mental addiction to any substance that alters your mental state is a very real possibility. Of course I'm not an expert, but just speaking off my observations. I don't justify trying drugs as "experiencing life", so I haven't tried any, so I have no personal experience with the effects.
Oh I'll certainly say that it has psychologically addictive traits. It might be very hard for someone to quit, if they've got a highly addictive personality.

However, it's not really the same as cigarettes or anything like that. You can have all of the willpower in the world and still be physically addicted to something. This is why I don't really think that marijuana should be classified as an "addictive" drug. It's addictive in the same way that gaming and sex are addictive.

Willkillforfood
2008-06-13, 11:37 PM
Yea. Video games and sex addictions can be life altering and negative, however, they don't have quite the same legal implications. Which is why I just find it wise to steer clear of such things. You can call me a pussy or whatever, but better safe than sorry. Not to mention the fact that I very much enjoy being my normal, vindictive self.

Thanatos
2008-06-14, 01:58 PM

I can quit when I want to, and I have done so in the past. I've quit for 7 months before just like that. Didn't light up in any way for 7 months because I was forced to stop smoking and I could live with that. So I am in control. The only times I smoke now are when I have free time and I have nothing to do. I don't judge your recreational habits, why should you judge mine?