PDA

View Full Version : Man asks court to change his name to 'In God We Trust'

KagomJack
2008-05-04, 08:58 PM
Man asks court to change his name to 'In God We Trust'

Sun May 4, 5:52 AM ET

ZION, Ill. - Steve Kreuscher wants a judge to allow him to legally change his name. He wants to be known as "In God We Trust."

Kreuscher (CROY'-shir) says the new name would symbolize the help God gave him through tough times.

The 57-year-old man also told the (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald he's worried that atheists may succeed in removing the phrase "In God We Trust" from U.S. currency.

He recalls that the phrase "God Reigns" was removed from the Zion city seal in 1992 after courts deemed it unconstitutional. Zion was founded as a theocracy — by a sect that believed the Earth was flat.

The school bus driver and amateur artist in the northern Chicago suburb says he has filed a petition to change his name in Lake County Circuit Court.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080504/ap_on_fe_st/odd_name_change

Demosthenes
2008-05-04, 10:31 PM
Though I abhor religion, I think he should be allowed to do it.

KagomJack
2008-05-04, 10:54 PM
I want to change my name to "Fuck You" if he gets to change his name to "In God We Trust."

Sovereign
2008-05-05, 12:29 AM
Fuck. this nutcase lives in my county.

Coriander
2008-05-05, 01:19 AM
If He get's to change his name to that..I get to change my name to "Big bad Club Weilder" and go beat his ass with my club..I don't know, this reply has gone to shit. Personally, I don't think he should be allowed to do it, for many reasons...A) He's gonna get fuckin shot, and B) Wouldn't that be some violation with the Seperation Of Church and State? Being forced to call him "In god we trust?"