PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed another fatal accident

D3V
2008-05-04, 09:50 AM
Well normally stuff like this wouldn't bother me, but the fact of how everything unfolded and how bad the accident really was I feel sad that a young man hardly older than me had to lose his life in such a shitty way.

http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/2008/05/04/jacksonville-man-dies-in-single-car-wreck/

Myself and a group of friends (2-3 cars) as well as my girlfriend were doing the ususal Saturday night thing hanging out at the local "car shows" they have around town and ended up leaving Jacksonville to head into OP and sure enough we ended up chilling at the Best Buy there by ourselves waiting for more people to show up (it's a normal hang out spot) we probably got there around 12:50 or so and waited a while and nothing.

I had even joked that we needed some entertainment and that a car crash would really "set the mood" kinda thing, just joking and sure enough, probably not even 10 minutes later we hear these horrible tire screetches for a long long time, and eventually this gut wreching crash, we had basically seen the whole thing from the Parking lot as we were parking right next to the fence/highway. It was a horrible sound, nothing that anybody normally would want to or should have to witness.

Life really is so short, we dropped all of our shit and hauled ass to the scene, where there were already two vehicles that were on the off-ramp as well stopped and were trying to help, myself and another guy there that I hadn't known both got rescue sent ASAP.

Eventually the troopers showed up, as well as a Fire truck, and eventually 2 more fire trucks showed up and another 2 ambulances. They had a really tough time getting this guy out of his car as because it was wrapped so tightly around that pole, however it wasn't completely gone. Even from the beginning it had looked pretty grim and that there was no chance for this guy to make it. They used the jaws of life and eventually got him free after about 30 minutes I'd guestimate. Life flight arrived on the scene right before they got him out and took him to Shands in Jax (wonderful hospital) where sadly he was pronounced dead.

...:(

-------

It just made me stop and reflect my life, how I drive, my family, loved ones. Every time something like this happens, it makes you really look and respect life more, appreciate things that you always take for granted, and that we are so cooped up with our bullshit and drama that we stop to remember that we are all people on this Earth, and nothing matters more than life itself.

----

Anyways, that's how my weekend went, .... how about you guys?

Willkillforfood
2008-05-04, 11:41 AM
I ate some barbequed food. Didn't see anyone die. Oh yea and I've played a lot of euchre and super smash bros. brawl :D.

slaynish
2008-05-04, 12:05 PM
My rugby team got fuckin ROCKED by olathe KS and Des Moines in one day. Just wasn't our day saturday, and i was hung over that could have been a problem. Got a free qt drink last night, heres how it went down:

Kinda shitty story teller when i type my stories, it would sound much better in person.

Last night i was at QT with a friend of mine and we were gettin some 32 oz drinks(93 cent ones) and this girl that we're pretty good friends(she's pretty sexy) with walks into qt and there was only one guy behind the counter like checking people out. anyway, and she ran upto us like "caleb.. nick!" and we were just talking, well she bought her shit and came back to us by the drinks and my friend caleb was like "olivia remember when we made out in 8th grade?"(he was just being a douchebag/joking) and she was like "oh yeah caleb" so i said "what the hell you made out with him? what about me" so she came to give me a kiss on the cheek(remember, we're good friends) and i turned my face so we ended up actually kissing. Well the guy behind the counter started laughing his ass off, and i came up to check out and he was like "hell no man that was awesome, you can just have that drink."

That's how i got my free QT drink.

Washed friends car today.. thats about it.

Thanatos
2008-05-05, 09:16 AM
WTF is a QT drink?

Also, sucks to hear D3V. And it should put things into perspective about how you drive, etc. Maybe you witnessed that horrible scenario for a reason... ya never know.

But, my weekend was lame. Didn't do much. Nobody calls me anymore because I significantly decreased my 'partying.' Although, Saturday night I drank probably 11 beers in an hour and a half. I was tanked. It's one of the only times where I've realized I couldn't make the minute drive home. Had a buddy drop me off. Better safe than sorry.

D3V
2008-05-12, 01:24 PM
Well not to tute the Emo Flute or anything, but I got a call Saturday night around 7:00pm from the ER at our local hospital. Apparently a close friend of mine had gotten in a car accident on his way back from St. Augustine/Vilano beach when the car he was riding in struck a tree on one of the shortcut roads between HWy 16 and CR215. The driver was another semi-friend of mine (a friend of a friend of a friend) and My good buddy was riding in the back seat actually and from the story they took a 90 degree angle wayyyy too hard and struck a tree, ejecting all 3 passengers including him.

Nobody is dead, but the driver is still pretty bad off, but my buddy managed to get discharged at the hospital while we were still there, which is excellent. Nothing too major, but it does kinda throw me off that stuff like this happened so closely together, I guess it makes me reflect on life itself and realize that I sometimes take it way for granted.

Willkillforfood
2008-05-12, 03:34 PM
Saw a pedestrian get hit by a car last Tuesday. I didn't follow up to see if he/she was dead or not. I'm guessing so since when I drove by he/she was under a sheet.

D3V
2008-05-12, 03:36 PM
That sucks. If the entire body was covered with a sheet then i'd suppose that they did parrish.