PDA

View Full Version : JPMC/ Bear Sterns

gruesomeBODY
2008-04-14, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone!!!! It has been awhile since i have been posting here, but i really wanted to start up again. Since the last time i was a serious poster, i had received a job as a controller for Bear Sterns. I was suppose to be working on Wall Street and was supposer to have a chance to become a major contributor in the financial world. But, as you all probably know, Bear Sterns was bought out by JPMorgan Chase. As of last Monday, nearly 85% of the firm was to be fired, so i assummed that i was part of that massive number. But, as of Last Friday, i was told by JPMorgan that they would honor my contract and make me an offer to work in their financial anaylist prograrm. So i was one of the lucky 15% to be transferred and will continue to work in Manhattan at least for the next 2 years.

So i am now looking to live in NYC, but i really want to save the paychecks. This means that i will either gain 2 roommates in a cheap section of the city, or just commute like every other Long Islander.

Just a bit about my life as of late. Hope all of you are doing well!!!!

Titusfied
2008-04-17, 07:33 AM
Nice, congrats on not getting laid off! Like I mentioned before, my girl's brother works with a company, and Bear Stern was their financial backing. So he wasn't affected either, which was great news.

Good luck living in the city, if that's the route you choose. I would suggest doing what you mentioned: live in NJ and commute to the city, you'll save a lot more money!