PDA

View Full Version : Semi plunges off overpass

Thanatos
2008-04-03, 08:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSaHKXWWVhU

Holy shit...

D3V
2008-04-03, 09:54 AM
Yeah I seen the raw video of this like yesterday, sucks the story isn't finalized yet of to why it has happened.

Lenny
2008-04-03, 10:05 AM
You lie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_y-nEKDm7Q&feature=related

They believe it was the drivers medical condition that caused him to drive erratically and eventually hit the concrete thing that sent him over the edge.

HandOfHeaven
2008-04-03, 11:05 AM
At least a bridge didn't collapse.

Vault Dweller
2008-04-03, 11:40 AM
It seems many people don't realize how dangerous diabetic seizures can be. I had a friend who had them occasionally (usually the morning after a night of heavy drinking). He pretty much lost control of his muscles and ability to communicate. It was scary shit.

On a side note, anyone notice that the video footage was sped up enough that the a/v synch became progressively worse?

HandOfHeaven
2008-04-03, 11:46 AM
Diabetic seizures can be deadly (no joke intended here). I had a couple of friends in high school who were diabetic, and one even passed out during a speech and started shaking. It's pretty scary, but she ended up 'coming back' in a couple of minutes, thankfully.

I also noticed that it looked like a poorly dubbed film.

WetWired
2008-04-03, 05:30 PM
I thought things only immediately explode like that in TV and movies...

!King_Amazon!
2008-04-03, 06:13 PM
I thought things only immediately explode like that in TV and movies...
It could have something to do with whatever he was transporting.

WetWired
2008-04-03, 06:17 PM
I don't know, the trailer didn't really look scorched at all.

Sovereign
2008-04-03, 10:34 PM
Could be he landed on the side of its gas tank and the sparks from the metal hitting the ground caused the fuel to ignite.

Willkillforfood
2008-04-04, 01:12 PM
Diesel isn't ignited by sparks but by pressure and heat. Suffice to say falling off the side of a bridge going 50+ mph is probably enough to produce sufficient pressure to ignite it. Seeing as these vehicles carrying hundreds of gallons of fuel, a fireball isn't too big of a stretch. But I guess I'd still like to know what he was carrying.