PDA

View Full Version : pathetic newbie...and angry

js1268
2008-03-17, 05:53 PM
hello all,

first, i want to confess that i know absolutely NOTHING about hacking or anything.... and so i humbly arrive at your domain

i'd understand if you'd simply ignore me or dismiss me

here's my dilemna:

my wife of 14 years is cheating on me...i have a VERY strong suspicion

neither one of us are computer savvy, but i recently found out how to check the history in our web browser ( i know...pathetic...i told you...but i don't know where else to turn)

anyway, she frequents a forum that appears to have only a dozen or so members... now, i have NO interest in hacking, or whatever it is called that implies any malicious intent...i just want to read what's going on

can ANYONE help me!?....

i'd post the url of the forum but i don't think it's allowed...anyway, i humbly ask for anyone's help

Lenny
2008-03-17, 05:59 PM
Welcome to Zelaron!

---

To answer your question - first of all, we're not allowed to talk about hacking, but that's alright, because what you want to do is nothing near hacking.

Basically, you can just make an account on that forum, as you did here, and read what's going on. Obviously make the account completely unrelated to yourself to avoid confrontation (for example, go to somewhere like www.yahoo.com (http://www.yahoo.com) and make a new e-mail account specifically for that forum, and register using false details).

Just a word, though - whilst I know nothing of the situation, now have I had any experience of it, make sure you have solid evidence before doing anything. A suspicion is just that - a suspicion. Unless it is grounded in indisputible evidence and fact, then leave the rash decisions out of it. You don't want to see a marriage of 14 years ruined unnecessarily because you had a feeling.

If you want to discuss it more, then feel free to post it in the Life Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=322) forum. I can assure you that the replies you get will be serious (and if not, then I have the power to delete them).

Demosthenes
2008-03-17, 06:38 PM
If you really want to know your wifes internet conversations, get her passwords. Assuming she uses the same computer as you, install a key-logger on your computer. Note: make sure it's not just any old key-logger. Make sure it stays hidden!

Adrenachrome
2008-03-17, 08:28 PM
he could have registered there the same as here

Demosthenes
2008-03-17, 08:38 PM
Well, if he wants access to his wife's private messages that would not work. If he simply wants to read the forum, then yes.

WetWired
2008-03-17, 10:17 PM
Have you tried looking at the temporary internet files for the site? Most browsers will have an easy way to get to them near where you clear them. Once there, you can copy out and view any pages.

!King_Amazon!
2008-03-18, 12:44 AM
hello all,

first, i want to confess that i know absolutely NOTHING about hacking or anything.... and so i humbly arrive at your domain

i'd understand if you'd simply ignore me or dismiss me

here's my dilemna:

my wife of 14 years is cheating on me...i have a VERY strong suspicion

neither one of us are computer savvy, but i recently found out how to check the history in our web browser ( i know...pathetic...i told you...but i don't know where else to turn)

anyway, she frequents a forum that appears to have only a dozen or so members... now, i have NO interest in hacking, or whatever it is called that implies any malicious intent...i just want to read what's going on

can ANYONE help me!?....

i'd post the url of the forum but i don't think it's allowed...anyway, i humbly ask for anyone's help
Go to the forum, see what she's posting. If you really want to figure out what she's up to, find a nice keylogger. There are plenty of keyloggers that are made specifically for parents to monitor their kids, and that should work especially if she isn't very computer savvy.

However, I'd suggest that unless you've got some relatively hard evidence, don't do much snooping. You'll see something that you see as incriminating that might actually just be innocent, you confront her about it, and she then knows you've been snooping on her, and for no reason at all. Don't break the trust in the relationship, as that's one of the most important things in a relationship.

I'm curious, why don't you trust her? Has she given you any reason not to? Are you just a naturally jealous person? If you don't trust her, even if she isn't cheating, there may be some issues that you need to take care of.

-Spector-
2008-03-18, 01:54 AM
Welcome?

KagomJack
2008-03-18, 08:15 AM
Welcome?
That's what I was thinking.

D3V
2008-03-18, 09:29 AM
WELCOME! We love cheaters, beaters and morons here!

Thanatos
2008-03-18, 09:58 AM
I have a strong suspicion you won't be back, but welcome anyhow.

Here's my question: Why would you think your wife is cheating on you because she's visiting an Internet forum? Is it a personal/dating forum or something?

D3V
2008-03-18, 10:44 AM
Maybe he's talking about Myspace, if that's the case then yes she is cheating on you, go get a better job, take an Internet 101 course at your local CC and take a loan out and get a Lambroghini.

Willkillforfood
2008-03-18, 05:57 PM
Maybe he's talking about Myspace, if that's the case then yes she is cheating on you, go get a better job, take an Internet 101 course at your local CC and take a loan out and get a Lambroghini.

After I read D3v's advice I got a new job, a model wife, and am now a millionaire.

-Spector-
2008-03-19, 03:23 PM
Congrats Willkill, congrats.