PDA

View Full Version : oh nooooo =(

talentedhamster
2008-03-11, 04:42 PM
OK I have a college interview tomorrow. Now, this is THE only college i can go to, for many reasons. Its a CC obv, the cheapest around. I HAVE to go here. For my major, I was required to take chem in high school. Now, i've heard that If you didn't, you need to take summer classes. I can't do that.

I have camp this summer. Camp is my life, and its where im making my money to go to college. I realy can't not go to camp, I would just cry everyday, it really is my life. Are there any other options? I really don't know what to do

Thanatos
2008-03-12, 07:21 AM
How long does this camp last? Is there no way you can do both?

If not, just go to camp this summer and wait to enroll in college. Make sure you can financially support yourself before you do anything. College will always be there. Most kids take a year off, anyhow.

Demosthenes
2008-03-12, 08:19 AM
I would say most likely there is a loophole. Try entering into general studies. Take that chem class first semester and then switch majors. They also probably have some advisers. These are pretty good people. You should try setting up an appointment with them and see what they have to say.

talentedhamster
2008-03-12, 01:50 PM
im takin night classes. thats not SO bad

HandOfHeaven
2008-03-13, 01:08 PM
I'd follow what MJ said. Talk to some advisors about it; they really do help out quite a bit. Otherwise, could you do both camp and the course? Try to map out all of your options. I'm sure that you can find a way through this.

Demosthenes
2008-03-13, 01:51 PM
I should also probably follow my own advice and go talk to some of the pre-med advisors. I just don't want them to laugh at me when I say I want to get into an MD/Ph.D program at Hopkins.