PDA

View Full Version : Important Dating Question and Situation

usSoldier
2008-02-25, 10:35 PM
so, for all the men and women in the dating world, i'm sure you've come across a situation like this, and could use a little advice...

i was out at a bar with friends, me and my friends were invited back to her place where i hooked up with her...only made out with her. from there, i got her number and we talk A LOT! almost everyday we talk online, the phone or in person and have lunch or something.

since then, i've developed quite the crush on this girl...its weird, cuz before meeting her i was fine, now after meeting her and getting to know her, i think about her all the time and definitly want to work on a relationship with her. the problem is: she seems into me, she seems like she likes me and definitly hints at it, but then throws the whole thing for a loop, saying something like, "there's this guy, i really like, but i think i'm being played." when we hang out in person, she shows me a picture of him as well, what she would call a "boy toy."

a long story short, she's a girl that likes to have fun and is alright with being single, but wants a relationship at the same time, and at times it seems like she wants to pursue somethign with me cuz she likes me and at other times it doesn't and seems like she's into these other guys.

suggestions and/or comments on what i should do?

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-25, 11:05 PM
Don't even bother, IMO. If she's got another guy on her plate, you're just setting yourself up for hurt. It's not worth the potential happiness you could have with her.

Also, take a step back and make sure you're not just caught up in the moment. Do you really like her as much as you think you do? Just try to give yourself a tiny bit of a reality check to make sure. If so, see what the situation is with this other dude, and perhaps persue a relationship with her.

khwiii
2008-02-25, 11:57 PM
The other side of it could be that she's testing the waters to see how you react. Maybe she's trying to gauge how much you like her in return?

Either way, don't play games. Make it known what you want. here's no guessing involved that way.

Vault Dweller
2008-02-26, 01:31 AM
Sounds like a bad situation. I'm going with !K_A! here. Run. Run far away.
Unless for some reason you like emotional distress.

Grav
2008-02-26, 06:39 AM
I agree with the above, sounds like damaged goods in the making.

Thanatos
2008-02-26, 07:52 AM
You got yourself a slut on your hands, bro.

Actually, most women are sluts or have slutty tendencies. Basically, call her out on being a slut. She'll want you then.

D3V
2008-02-26, 10:43 AM
I'd atleast find out more about this other dude. She might just be comparing who she wants more, but if she's got a picture of him already, that's kinda odd.. I'd atleast find out more, but it sounds probably like garbage considering you met her in a bar and got invited back to her place.. Just think about it, you aren't the only guy she's ever invited back.

talentedhamster
2008-02-26, 04:55 PM
excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

Willkillforfood
2008-02-26, 05:44 PM
You got yourself a slut on your hands, bro.

Actually, most women are sluts or have slutty tendencies. Basically, call her out on being a slut. She'll want you then.

I think everyone has slutty tendencies, but most/all girls do too while denying it. At least most guys are honest :D.

Asamin
2008-02-26, 07:38 PM
If a girl says she likes you but also shows you a pic of another boy, this could mean trouble. I have never been in a relationship but i have 3 sisters and know that a girl will normally just devote herself to one guy then leave him a he gets all sad. My on sister has done it to many a boy.

Thanatos
2008-02-27, 08:33 AM
excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

You heard me.

talentedhamster
2008-02-27, 03:34 PM
not EVERY girl is a whore. at least I'M not.

Willkillforfood
2008-02-27, 04:02 PM
You're a weird hamster jumping into a bowl.

talentedhamster
2008-02-27, 04:05 PM
i dont like that lol

Atnas
2008-02-27, 08:02 PM
Same thing happened to me. This girl I had a crush on was very flirtuatious. She constantly talked about other guys. Eventually I told her I loved her, even though she was dating another guy. She said she was trying to get a reaction out of me.

She broke up with him, and we were an "item" for a week or two. She said we couldn't actually go out until she turned 16 (which was a few days ago?) because of her mom.

I then saw her with another guy (a month ago). Ouch. We've lost touch since, and I try to just ignore her when I pass her in the halls at school. It's awkward.

I still love her, love is very different from just liking, so that isn't going away, but I'm not very keen on the idea of developing a relationship with her any further.

Decide for yourself.

Vault Dweller
2008-02-27, 08:16 PM
You're still young Atnas. You have plenty of heartache to look forward to. Your situation is only the tip of a brutal, brutal iceburg. Just wait till things start getting physical, you move into the same house, occasionally sneak around behind the backs of your other housemates (because nobody's supposed to hook up with each other - those are the "rules"), then she suddenly decides to go out and start picking up townies at the bar, either bringing them home or just not coming home for days on end, leaving you a shattered mess, and you end up sleeping with another chick you've been friends with since you were 2.

What? No...I'm not still bitter.

kyeruu
2008-03-01, 08:13 PM
bet she's just seeing who likes her more, my suggestion would be play like she does, just keep the relation you have now and make her fall in love with you, because if you throw your feelings at her she might pull a kane and lynch and like make you gtf away.