Just heard this on TV.
Victim Offers $50,000 Reward After Christmas Eve Attack
Last Edited: Wednesday, 20 Feb 2008, 6:08 PM CST
Created: Wednesday, 20 Feb 2008, 6:00 PM CST
Jerry Barham
Kansas City News

Related Items
Videos

A North Kansas City couple who survived a brutal attack is fighting back. On Christmas Eve 2006, two masked men broke into their apartment.

A week later the suspects returned what they took and left an apology message. That doesn't mean the couple is ready to forgive and forget.

Jerry Barham is using his own money, plus donations from family and business associates to offer a $50,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the men who brutalized him and his family.

"I returned everything that was taken. I hope you get this message before everything is ruined," the message left on Barham's answering machine about a week after the attack said.

Police believe it's one of the men who beat Barham, threatened his girlfriend and burglarized his attached North Kansas City home and sign business. That night, the men told Barham and his girlfriend not to call police or they would both be killed.

But now Barham is talking. He's printed signs to let folks know about the $50,000 reward. Lamar Advertising is also helping and donating a digital billboard across the Metro.

If you have any information, call the anonymous Tips Hotline number at 816-474-TIPS. Your information could now be worth $50,000.

Video on website.
http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5834717&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Adrenachrome
2008-02-20, 08:16 PM
That's funny, I wonder what changed their mind.

HandOfHeaven
2008-02-20, 08:27 PM
Classic.