PDA

View Full Version : Salvia Divinorum, !King_Amazon! style

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-18, 04:05 AM
Let me start out by saying it will be nearly impossible to explain to you with words what happened, but I will attempt to as well as I can. Let me also say that, in my opinion, what I experienced was neither good nor fun, frankly it scared the shit out of me. If you try this drug, start out SLOW, know what you are doing, and HAVE A SITTER. I had originally planned not to have a sitter, but luckily I chose to have one, and I am so thankful for it now. Some people say sitters are optional, I'm telling you otherwise. If you choose to not have a sitter, you deserve anything that might happen to you.

Now, let me set up what the scene was like in normal reality. I was having a horrible migraine, and decided to try to treat it with salvia. I had read that salvia treats migraines, so it seemed like a good idea. The good news is, it worked. When my trip was over, my migraine had been reduced to nothing more than a very, very mild headache. Anyway, Nikki sat for me, and I went out to smoke really quick. I used a little more than last time because it hadn't done much last time. I was planning to come back inside and lay on the couch and just chillax. I also thought that maybe the past couple of times I hadn't hit it hard enough, because I was taking like ~30 seconds just to inhale the hit, and then holding it for ~30 seconds. This time, I power-hit it, trying to get the whole hit in as fast as I could, probably ~5 seconds. So anyway, I went outside, lit up, took my hit quickly, held it in for ~30 seconds, let it out, felt it almost immediately the same as before, the simple "high" feeling similar to pot, and decided I would take another hit.

This is where I can no longer describe anything as "normal reality." Normal reality ceased to exist. I ceased to exist.

I'll have to describe the 3 characters that "existed" during my trip:

Me - I had no control over my actions, I understood nothing, I was a "puppet."

Nikki - She didn't play much of a part that I can remember. I do remember seeing her, but other than that she was a minor role. She was merely a "prop", I guess.

The Voice - The Voice was a very, very strong auditory hallucination. I don't know what to call it other than The Voice. I had no name for it at the time and didn't need or want a name for it. It was simply there. The Voice was a female voice. It was a very strong, powerful, yet soothing and calming voice. I think I was scared of The Voice. The Voice seemed to be what took over my actions, and the actions of everything. The Voice had complete understanding and knowledge of everything, how everything worked, what everything was, how everything interacted with everything else, it completely understood time and how time worked. The best way I can describe it was as omnipotent. It was like a God/Goddess. The Voice was everything and controlled everything. I was simply a puppet.

The last thing I remember from "normal reality" was this. I had taken my first hit, felt "high", like I was smoking pot, and decided I wanted another hit. I went to take another hit, and that's when I don't remember anything else being "normal." I don't remember taking a second hit, I don't think I did. I don't remember coming inside. I don't even remember taking a step. According to Nikki, I came inside about 1 minute after I went outside. However, I don't remember coming inside. Reality as I knew it was gone. I believe I temporarily blanked out, until I was inside. At this point, it was as if my life, my reality, my world was completely different. It was out of my control, COMPLETELY. All that I knew was The Voice. Every action I took was added to what I had done before. For instance, I walked in the door. After I walked in the door, I took a step forward. When I took a step forward, I relived walking in the door. Every action I made added on to all of the last ones, and I relived them all. The Voice numbered every single action, and would count them as they happened. After a lot of actions had added up, it started getting really scary, because I was, for instance, in the kitchen, yet I was reliving everything before that, as well as what was happening at the time. Along with this, I also felt as if I ceased to exist. It was almost as if The Voice was counting down to my ultimate demise, or at least I felt like it would get to the point that I was just constantly reliving everything forever, and I would be trapped in this. I felt completely hopeless and doomed. And I was deathly afraid of The Voice.
I don't think this part above makes much sense. Here is how I explained it to Kagom, hopefully that will make better sense. "[07:20] !King_Amazon!: I don't think I explained the reliving stuff part all that well
[07:20] !King_Amazon!: It was like every action was a frame
[07:20] !King_Amazon!: and it kept starting back over at one and counting up one higher than last time"

So, for instance, after I walked in the door, I walked in the door again, but then I took a step. After I took that step, I walked in the door again, took that step again, and took another step. After every action was added on to the last ones, it started back at the original action. This is why it got really weird once I was in, say, the kitchen, because every step I had taken before then got recounted for every extra action I did, and by that point there had been a lot of actions that had happened. Hopefully this makes better sense, if not I'll try again.

This is what most of my trip was like, basically. Everything as I understood it was no longer understood by me. The world as I knew it did not exist. For instance, when I was done "tripping" but I was still feeling "high", I looked at the clock, I saw what time it was, I understood what the numbers were, I could read it just fine, but I had no idea what it meant. It meant nothing to me. Time meant nothing, it had no meaning at all to me. I didn't know if it was 5 minutes ago or 5 minutes later or if time even existed.

Also, I was expecting more like I would just be laying there with my eyes closed, seeing all sorts of trippy colors and creatures and shit, but it was nothing like that either. It's not what you would consider a "acid" like trip. I've done acid, and Salvia was NOTHING like acid.

Before hand I had been planning to come inside, lay on the couch, and close my eyes. None of this meant anything to me after I had smoked it. I couldn't have done these things if I wanted to. I didn't want to do anything. I had no will of my own, I was a slave to The Voice. Nothing I had thought of before-hand meant anything, I didn't even remember it or care about it.

In closing, I would like to say that I don't think this was necessarily a good or fun experience, but it was a learning experience. It scared the shit out of me, and taught me just how potent this drug is. I can say with certainty that Salvia is a stronger hallucinogen than LSD or DMT. Nothing I have ever experienced in my life can compare to what happened to me tonight. It has made me very curious and intrigued about the nature of reality. I am also curious about this omnipotent Voice. I'm not sure if I believe it to be anything supernatural or not, but I am at the very least intrigued by it. Hopefully I will meet it again, on better terms.

Any questions, just ask. I tried my best to make sense, but it's something that I guess I can't really explain any better than that.

KagomJack
2008-02-18, 04:12 AM
Made perfect sense. I have to say that this was quite an interesting read. When I get around to trying it myself, I"ll make a post.

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-18, 04:19 AM
I plan on trying it again in a week+, and will be updating.

I added in an edit to my original post to try to clarify something a bit better.

Thanatos
2008-02-18, 09:15 AM
Overly dramatic much?

You mentioned 'The Voice' many, many times but didn't indicate what it did. Did it talk to you? From what I understand, 'The Voice' was simply your brain on drugs.

Anyway, I may have to try this stuff again. I'll see if any of my friends want to do it this weekend. All this damn salvia talk on Zelaron makes me want to do it again.

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-18, 09:31 AM
I don't think I'm being overly dramatic at all. If you had experienced what I experienced last night, you would probably be "dramatic" too. It was nothing like I was expecting. It was very extreme.

The Voice controlled everything. That was the primary function of the voice. It didn't really talk to me, per-se, but it did talk. It was counting along with every "action" in the chain, and it seemed to take pleasure in showing me that I was nothing and that it had complete control over me. In the end, it was as if the voice allowed me to return to my reality. I would say The Voice was intelligent, and it had a little bit of emotion. The Voice was very clearly not Nikki's voice.

Can't really say more than that. I didn't have any sort of conversation with it, and couldn't have if I wanted to. Like I said, I had no control over my own actions. I'm hoping that next time, if there is a next time that I meet The Voice, it will be a bit nicer and I'll be able to speak to it. I think it was basically just teaching me a lesson. I got a very "don't fuck with me" feeling from it.

D3V
2008-02-18, 09:35 AM
It's weird, because I absolutely despise druggies, potheads, anybody that thinks it's the shit to "trip-out" on drugs, and yet this Salvia really intrigues me now.

I'd also like to know more about the voice, if you can explain it a bit more, how exactly was it controlling you? I noticed you mentioned supernatural, which is cool, maybe possibly it was a gateway to an alternate existance? HMM? Idk, seriously though good write-up.

Thanatos
2008-02-18, 09:36 AM
My friend had a trip where he was talking to Master Chief from Halo.

I really didn't hallucinate when I did it the one time. We'll see what the future holds..

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-18, 09:47 AM
It's weird, because I absolutely despise druggies, potheads, anybody that thinks it's the shit to "trip-out" on drugs, and yet this Salvia really intrigues me now.

I'd also like to know more about the voice, if you can explain it a bit more, how exactly was it controlling you? I noticed you mentioned supernatural, which is cool, maybe possibly it was a gateway to an alternate existance? HMM? Idk, seriously though good write-up.
The voice had no physical form, although I seem to attribue a face to it which I can't really describe. As to how it controlled me, I have no idea. I don't really know how to explain it. I most definitely was not controlling myself, and I just had this feeling of being a puppet being controlled by The Voice. I've got a few theories about The Voice, though.

The Mazatec shaman that used this stuff and as far as I know still use this stuff used it to enter the "realm of the gods." Perhaps The Voice was a goddess of some sort, maybe a goddess that is specific to me and only exists for me.

I also suspect that The Voice could be this "Lady Salvia" people talk about. When people say "Meeting Lady Salvia", they don't literally mean that Lady Salvia is a person or thing, it's pretty much just another way of saying "Smoking Salvia." However, a lot of people seem to report hearing a female voice, and I suspect that this voice may be where the name Lady Salvia originally came from. I suppose it did feel somewhat like The Voice was the same as the drug. I would almost say that The Voice was the drug with a voice.

I also suspect that The Voice might have been my subconscious or something, or maybe it was something similar. It could be what I remember my mothers voice as being when I was very, very young. I'm really unsure.

I do know that The Voice is very intriguing, and the simple fact that it seemed to know and understand everything has made me want to hopefully meet it again and actually be able to talk to it.

If you have anymore questions just ask. You might actually bring back things I hadn't thought about.

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-18, 09:48 AM
My friend had a trip where he was talking to Master Chief from Halo.

I really didn't hallucinate when I did it the one time. We'll see what the future holds..
My first two attempts, which I would say are "level 2" on the Salvia scale, were about the same. I didn't have any auditory or visual hallucinations. It was kinda like I was high from pot. I could definitely feel something was going on, but it wasn't "trippy" by any means.