PDA

View Full Version : Salvia Divinorum: The Experience

Demosthenes
2008-02-15, 08:05 PM
So after all the talk on the forums, I tried Salvia. As far as drugs go, I'm a baby. I've only tried weed. And this is what Salvia makes weed look like. A baby drug.

The only problem I had with Salvia was the box it came in. I dropped quite a bit when opening it. However, I had plenty to smoke. As KA suggested, I got a 3 dollar torch lighter. It helped.

The most important thing when smoking was holding it in once inhaling. Once you did that, it hit really fast. I remember I was thinking about making some snide comment about how this was gay and it didn't work. Instead of making my comment, I said something like "This is some potent shit."

After that, I remember my world turning upside down. Literally. I couldn't tell which way was up, down, sideways. I was in a state of pure euphoria. I literally hurt from laughing. I fell on my bed. I don't know how to describe the next part, but I'll do my best. The room around me looked as though it was a 100 sided triangular prism. I thought I saw extra dimensions. Literally. And this 100 sided triangular prism was closing in on me. I remember banging my head repeatedly on my pillow. Everything was insane. I looked at some trippy visual effects from my music player, and I had some deep insights. And then, as soon as everything hit, it was gone. For five minutes, I was in a dizzy state, somewhat like after two or three shots of alcohol. After that, I felt elated, but was more or less normal. Now, two hours after the experience, I am studying. What I always do.

Good shit. Try it before it becomes illegal.

Adrenachrome
2008-02-15, 08:11 PM
I think that would make me insane

KagomJack
2008-02-16, 01:29 AM
Well, I'll give it a try m'self. I know a good headshop. My co-worker told me where it is. I might try to see if he'll take me by so I can get a pipe (which I have been meaning to get anyway) and then I'll get some. My only problem is if I freak out. I tend to have a weird thing about flailing around and yelling when I freak out (not drug induced, it's kind of a weird story and I don't remember details). But it should be interesting.

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-16, 08:55 AM
If you're really worried, just have a sitter.

Willkillforfood
2008-02-16, 09:04 AM
Crack killz.

Grav
2008-02-16, 09:58 AM
You should always have a trip sitter of some kind. That's just common sense!

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-16, 10:11 AM
I don't plan to have one. I'm also dumb,

KagomJack
2008-02-16, 11:32 AM
I'm going to have Craig around to kinda be a sitter. He didn't do it right when he tried it, so he thinks that it won't work.

Demosthenes
2008-02-16, 11:34 AM
It didn't work for my (girl?)friend. I don't really know why. She said she got a little light headed, but nothing happened.

I, however, had a round 2.

One of my friends from downstairs tried it too.

KagomJack
2008-02-16, 12:45 PM
I'm sure if I follow K_A's guide, I'll see results. Just a matter of buying it right now.

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-16, 01:28 PM
Just don't expect it the first time. I've done it twice now and I haven't reached the "trippin" stage yet.

KagomJack
2008-02-16, 02:29 PM
I'm sure it'll take a few tries, but that's just how it goes. It took about 8 or 9 tries with pot before I ever actually got high.

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-16, 03:10 PM
How the hell does that work. I've heard people don't get high the first time (which I consider a myth), but that's just rediculous.

Willkillforfood
2008-02-16, 03:16 PM
It has to do with the gay brain.

Demosthenes
2008-02-16, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I was cognizant of the transition. For instance, the first five or so minutes were the worst, where I absolutely lost grips with reality. The next five minutes I knew up from down, but I was still liable to see, do, or say nonsensical things. I was aware that I was not at the point where my bed was trying to swallow me, and my room wasn't feeling heavy, but I was still aware that I was pretty fucked up. After that, I knew when I was pretty much sober, with an elated feeling.

kaos
2008-02-17, 03:03 PM
Salvia is a pussy drug. It's good every once in a while if you wanna laugh at ANYTHING. But for only like 3 minutes.

Thanatos
2008-02-18, 08:23 AM
Pot took me until my third time. My friends had similar results.

Really? I was ripped the first time I took a hit. I guess it's because my friends were big stoners and coached me well.

Fucking peer pressure...

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-18, 09:06 AM
Salvia is a pussy drug. It's good every once in a while if you wanna laugh at ANYTHING. But for only like 3 minutes.
You're a fool. After my experience last night, I can say that Salvia is easily stronger than LSD. I've done both, Salvia turned my world inside out.

D3V
2008-02-18, 09:20 AM
Here's some snippets from Wikipedia

After effects

Short term
After the peak effects, normal awareness-of-self and the immediate surroundings return but lingering effects may be felt. These short-term lingering effects have a completely different character than the peak experience. About half of users report a pleasing ‘afterglow’, or pleasant state of mind following the main effects. Researchers (Baggott, et al) from the University of California Berkeley and California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute conducted a survey of 500 salvia users which identified that they ‘sometimes or often’ experience certain effects, including:[10]

Increased insight, 47% Decreased insight, 1.8%
Improved mood, 44.8% Worsened mood, 4.0%
Increased Connection with Universe or Nature, 39.8% Decreased Connection with Universe or Nature, 5.4%
Increased sweating, 28.2% Decreased sweating, 1.6%
Body felt warm or hot, 25.2% Body felt cold, 6.4%
Increased self-confidence, 21.6% Decreased self-confidence, 2.4%
Improved concentration, 19.4% Difficulty concentrating, 12.0%

Other commonly reported effects include feelings of Calmness, 42.2%; Weird thoughts 36.4%; Things seeming unreal, 32.4%; Floating feelings, 32%; Mind racing, 23.2%; and feeling Lightheaded 22.2%.

Oh, and for pot, my first time I used a soda can with a hole in it and got pretty high off of nothing really, my buddies didn't really pressure it into me, because it was the first time for two of us, which I thought was cool..

I remember riding our bikes afterwards and hardly being able to keep them straight, and really just laughing at everything, etc. But anyways..

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-18, 09:38 AM
The SALVIA Experiential Rating Scale

Level - 1 "S" stands for SUBTLE effects. A feeling that "something" is happening, although it is difficulty to say just what. Relaxation and increased sensual appreciation may be noted. This mild level is useful for meditation and may facilitate sexual pleasure.

Level - 2 "A" stands for ALTERED perception. Colors and textures are more pronounced. Appreciation of music may be enhanced. Space may appear of greater or lesser depth than is usual. But visions do not occur at this level. Thinking becomes less logical, and more playful; short-term memory difficulties may be noted.

Level - 3 "L" stands for LIGHT visionary state. Closed-eye visuals (clear imagery with eyes closed: fractal patterns, vine-like and geometric patterns, visions of objects and designs). The imagery is often two dimensional. If open-eyed visual effects occur, these are usually vague and fleeting. At this level, phenomena similar to the hypnagogic phenomena that some people experience at sleep onset occur. At this level, visions are experienced as "eye candy" but are not confused with reality.

Level - 4 "V" stands for VIVID visionary state. Complex three-dimensional realistic appearing scenes occur. Sometimes voices may be heard. With eyes open, contact with consensual reality will not be entirely lost, but when you close your eyes you may forget about consensus reality and enter completely into a dreamlike scene. Shamanistic journeying to other lands--foreign or imaginary; encounters with beings (entities, spirits) or travels to other ages may occur. You may even live the life of another person. At this level you have entered the shaman's world. Or if you prefer: you are in "dream time." With eyes closed, you experience fantasies (dream like happenings with a story line to them). So long as your eyes are closed you may believe they are really occurring. This differs from the "eye candy" closed-eye imagery, of level 3.

Level - 5 "I" stands for IMMATERIAL existence. At this level one may no longer be aware of having a body. Consciousness remains and some thought processes are still lucid, but one becomes completely involved in inner experience and looses all contact with consensual reality. Individuality may be lost; one experiences merging with God/dess, mind, universal consciousness, or bizarre fusions with other objects--real or imagined (e.g. experiences such as merging with a wall or piece of furniture). At this level it is impossible to function in consensual reality, but unfortunately some people do not remain still but move around in this befuddled state. For this reason a sitter is essential to ensure the safety of someone voyaging to these deep levels. To the person experiencing this the phenomenon may be terrifying or exceedingly pleasant; but to an outside observer the individual may appear confused or disoriented.

Level 6 - "A" stands for AMNESIC effects. At this stage, either consciousness is lost, or at least one is unable to later recall what one had experienced. The individual may fall, or remain immobile or thrash around; somnambulistic behavior may occur. Injuries can be sustained without pain being felt; on awakening, the individual will have no recollection of what he/she did, experienced, or said in level 6. People cannot recall what they experience in this very deep trance state. This is not a desirable level, because nothing can latter be recalled of the experience.

That guide describes the different levels pretty well. My first two experiences were both level 2. My experience last night was easily a level 5. I think I was somewhere between a 5 and a 6 last night, because I did have trouble remembering things. Level 5 describes what I had happen last night pretty damn well.

D3V
2008-02-18, 09:49 AM
Damn, so maybe the type of hit you take can generally determine what level you will be taken too? That's atleast what i've made of the experiences you guys have written about. I think I too, would be freaked out at Level 5.. damn.

Thanatos
2008-02-18, 09:49 AM
Yeah, the though of not being able to control my body doesn't appeal to me..

Demosthenes
2008-02-18, 10:18 AM
Hmm, after reading that I think I probably hit somewhere between level 4 and 5. There are qualities from both that describe my experience.

Thanatos
2008-02-18, 10:23 AM
Let's all meet up and do a bunch of Salvia.

-Spector-
2008-02-18, 02:26 PM
For whatever reason Salvia always makes me REALLY pissed off, so I said fuck it and stuck with mushrooms/lsd/2c's

But it is worth a try if you want to scratch the surface of the hallucinogenic world...

What's really tripped out is start tripping on mushrooms or lsd or another hallucinogen and when you peaking, then smoke salvia.

I did it on 2c-E and my world definately went upside down. That was the last time i tried it, makes me angry for some reason as I stated before..

-Spector-
2008-02-18, 02:29 PM
Double post.

Level 6 - "A" stands for AMNESIC effects. At this stage, either consciousness is lost, or at least one is unable to later recall what one had experienced. The individual may fall, or remain immobile or thrash around; somnambulistic behavior may occur. Injuries can be sustained without pain being felt; on awakening, the individual will have no recollection of what he/she did, experienced, or said in level 6. People cannot recall what they experience in this very deep trance state. This is not a desirable level, because nothing can latter be recalled of the experience.

That is exactly what happened to me the first time I tried it. I took in a couple HUGE hits, and then I just remember hitting the ground. I don't remember the trip at all but my friends said I was crawling on the ground and making wierd sounds like mutliated words or something. Anyway, as soon as I was concious again, I was PISSED the fuck off, and I felt like I couldn't get up which pissed me off more. I then crawled inside (because I couldnt stand) and slept in my bed.

!King_Amazon!
2008-02-18, 04:12 PM
Damn, so maybe the type of hit you take can generally determine what level you will be taken too? That's atleast what i've made of the experiences you guys have written about. I think I too, would be freaked out at Level 5.. damn.
I would say, try to just have a uniform hit every time, but adjust the amount you smoke.

D3V
2008-03-12, 12:16 PM
Wow guys, look at this shit. I was just surfing the local news website, and stumbled opon this.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=104318

It's being called the new marijuana. It's inexpensive and easy to get. Now, some Florida lawmakers want to make it illegal in Florida.

Salvia divinorum is a hallucinogenic herb. An ounce of it sells for around $30 on the Internet.

Native to Mexico and still grown there, Salvia divinorum is generally smoked but can also be chewed or made into a tea and drunk.

Called nicknames like Sally-D, Magic Mint and Diviner's Sage, salvia gives users an out-of-body sense of traveling through time and space or merging with inanimate objects. Unlike hallucinogens like LSD or PCP, however, salvia's effects last for a shorter time, generally up to an hour

Thought it was pretty funny.... damn.

Thanatos
2008-03-12, 12:39 PM
Yeah I read an article yesterday that said they're trying to make it illegal nationwide. It's a pretty harmless drug, why make it illegal? OH YEAH. So you can bust people for it and make lots and lots of money. Yay government!!!!!!

-Spector-
2008-03-12, 01:47 PM
Pot took me several attempts until I actually got high..

Salvia isn't my choice of hallucinogenics, but still a fun trip once in awhile. I prefer LSD/Mushrooms because it lasts longer, normally cheaper, and if you take enough, the trip can be as intense as salvia.

!King_Amazon!
2008-03-12, 03:56 PM
They're working to make it illegal here in Utah. If they do, I'd probably just end up growing my own. It isn't that hard to grow, and it isn't all that hard to purify it into extract, either.

-Spector-
2008-03-12, 05:16 PM
Could be a money maker ;)