PDA

View Full Version : Americas Army

JohnnyTAE
2002-07-09, 10:09 PM
I have heard great things bout this game but if you look beyond it, it looks like sum scam that the government is doing to get more interest/info out about the US Army
(like the banners they sent to afghanistan to get more American loyalist)

what are your opinions on the subject?

I)ark_Phoenix
2002-07-09, 10:15 PM
Ive never heard of the game...:)

NonGayMan
2002-07-09, 10:16 PM
I was thinking that to... like what if some kid from a foreign country wants to play but his mom won't let him because of the name.

JohnnyTAE
2002-07-09, 10:19 PM
but you know wut would even be more weird if that kid secretly played the game behind his mothers back then when he turns 18 he has sum urge that pushes him to join the US Army
ahhh! it's mind control ;)

mightychicken
2002-07-09, 10:29 PM
From a recruiting point of view the game is a good idea. The tv ads were almost completely ineffective in motivating anyone to join, so they had to take things in a different direction.

i think they have every intention of recruiting those that do well and are in their desired age group. As for syblyminal messages, well... theres always AA 2.0 :eek:

Sum Yung Guy
2002-07-09, 10:51 PM
Originally found in PCGamer July 2002 issue, page 41paragraph 5
Rather than plunk down giant sums for cheesy advertising campaigns, Col. Casey Wardynski had a novel idea: fund an ambitious computer game of commercial quality and make it freely available to the public. The mission was to develop a PC game that could more than hold its own against the industry standards, earning the attention of gamers in the Army's key recruitment demographic of 18 to 25 year old males. The goal for the game was to realistically model the weapons, tactics, and experiences of the modern Army, and to also build branding awareness of the service- in other words, the ultimate recruitment tool.

Strider Fury
2002-07-10, 02:48 PM
I guess that the rumors are true, they wouldn't have made the game for free to the public for no reasons.

Grav
2002-07-10, 02:49 PM
Well it's obvious the game is for recruitment.

Strider Fury
2002-07-10, 02:51 PM
BUT, if we are smart enough to know that, to us, it is just another free game for our entertainment pleasure. :)

mightychicken
2002-07-10, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Strider Fury
I guess that the rumors are true, they wouldn't have made the game for free to the public for no reasons.

it doesnt count as a rumor when they actually tell us.