PDA

View Full Version : Benazir Bhutto assassinated..

D3V
2007-12-27, 09:08 AM
Here's some excerpts from CNN.com

Pakistan's former PM Benazir Bhutto assassinated in Rawalpindi after rally

Bhutto suffered bullet wounds in aftermath of suicide attack by motorcyclist

Police warn people to stay home amid fears of violent backlash, riots reported

NEW: Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif: "The saddest day" in Pakistan's history

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/12/27/pakistan.bhutto/index.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22406555/

Take what you want from this story, sad indeed.. Good news for Terrorists too..

Just informing incase any of you guys haven't heard yet.

Thanatos
2007-12-27, 09:16 AM
Saw it on MSN earlier this morning. This is the first I've even heard this woman's name mentioned so I don't really understand why terrorists have been trying to kill her for years. Is it because she's a prominent female figure in a dominant male society?

!King_Amazon!
2007-12-27, 09:49 AM
She's not having a good day.

Willkillforfood
2007-12-27, 02:14 PM
She's anti-terrorist and anti-Musharaff. There's been other attempts made on her life, but she kept on going out there. She was truly a courageous woman and perhaps her martyrdom will inspire the pakistani people to weed out the terrorists (although not likely). R.I.P.

Lenny
2007-12-27, 02:54 PM
Saw it on MSN earlier this morning. This is the first I've even heard this woman's name mentioned so I don't really understand why terrorists have been trying to kill her for years. Is it because she's a prominent female figure in a dominant male society?

I've not read the articles, and nor am I, but from what I understand from news reports over here is that the attack was by Al-Qaeda, because Bhutto had strong ties with America, and that she was even in talks with them to allow the American Army into Pakistan so that they can flush out Al-Qaeda.

D3V
2007-12-28, 12:01 PM
Wow, somewhat of an odd development in the story.

Apparently she was not shot.

At all, when the shots we're fired she dropped down through the sunroof, and fractured her skull on sunroof, which apparently killed her... Ouch.

Lenny
2007-12-28, 12:04 PM
Interesting, isn't it?

Yesterday the authorities were adamant that shrapnel from a suicide bomber had killed her, then that she was shot through the neck, and now they say she fell down and cracked her skull on the sunroof lever. Strange.

And there was no autopsy - they buried her today.

D3V
2007-12-28, 12:07 PM
Something seems, very, very fishy about the whole thing. I heartedly believe Musharraf has something to do with this, maybe a quick coverup. What's odd as well is how little her rally was protected, and what could've posessed her to even hang out of the sunroof like that...

!King_Amazon!
2007-12-28, 12:17 PM
Bet it was all staged. She's probably still alive.