PDA

View Full Version : Super Columbine Massacre RPG!

Draco2003
2007-11-01, 10:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Columbine_Massacre_RPG%21

Well then... I stumbled upon this when I was reading the wiki for our beloved RPG Maker series. It is a game created with the RM2K or 2K3 engine that re-enacts the events that took place the day of the Columbine shooting in exacting details. I have yet to play it, but from the wiki, it says it took the guy who made it 6 months.

Personally, I think I agree with the guy who made it. He says he went through the same thing in school, with the bullying and being picked on. I used to be picked on in elementary school, but I don't remember too much about it. But I do remember that all people would say is, "Go somewhere else!" or, "Just ignore it!" Well news to the world, THAT DOESN'T WORK!!! Unless you have been picked on, I don't think you can actually see the irony in this particular shooting. According to the creator, this game was made to show people why this stuff happens AND the consequences. It's not just, "Hey look at me, I am getting picked on so imma shoot up a school," it shows that they payed for it with their lives. But it's not a "They were just bad people," either. These kids were picked on, and because of their lifestyle, labled as indecent humans who deserved the death they got. Of course it's horrible reliving the moment, especially if you lost someone. But if you don't acknowledge that it happened, then it will continue to be a problem, and this game tries to explain that.

What do you guys think about this game, and the situation in particular?

!King_Amazon!
2007-11-01, 10:43 PM
I don't care about the game, but nothing that happened to the columbine kids excuses what they did. Nothing at all.

Demosthenes
2007-11-01, 10:46 PM
I don't care about the game, but nothing that happened to the columbine kids excuses what they did. Nothing at all.

Sure it does. They were picked on.

KagomJack
2007-11-01, 10:47 PM
I discovered this almost a year ago. But yeah.

!King_Amazon!
2007-11-01, 11:18 PM
Sure it does. They were picked on.
Oh shit, is that what happened?

Then yeah, all of the people that died in the Columbine shooting deserved what they got. They shouldn't have called the kids names.

Demosthenes
2007-11-01, 11:44 PM
Oh shit, is that what happened?

Then yeah, all of the people that died in the Columbine shooting deserved what they got. They shouldn't have called the kids names.

You know what is interesting, though? I am sure that in the minds of the shooters they were justified. To practically everyone else in the world the columbine kids are villains, but in their own heads they were justified. What does it take to mutilate a kids mind that much? I honestly would like to know.

!King_Amazon!
2007-11-01, 11:55 PM
If I remember right, Socrates said that nobody willingly does evil. Whatever they do, even if it is evil, they believe something good, at least for them, will come from it. He said that it is impossible to knowingly do something that you believe to be wrong, or something like that.

So really, anyone who does anything thinks they are justified, in some way, otherwise they wouldn't do what they are doing.

Either way, people are fucked up.

KagomJack
2007-11-02, 12:51 AM
Good post. I'll rep you when I can for it.

But yeah, people are fucked up. It's amazing, really, some of the things a person will think up.

Grav
2007-11-02, 06:16 AM
Bah, just because someone from thousands of years ago said something doesn't make it true.

Demosthenes
2007-11-02, 07:52 AM
Bah, just because someone from thousands of years ago said something doesn't make it true.

True, but we shouldn't discredit it for being a legend's quote, or run away from it because we're scared that we are succumbing to an argument from authority. I don't think we're doing anything of the sort. I think that statement is absolutely valid.

!King_Amazon!
2007-11-02, 08:26 AM
Stick, ass, removal.

I never said I agree with him, I was just stating what he said because I felt it applied. I do agree with him, for the most part, because it's logical. Why would you do something when there's nothing good you can gain from it and you know that? People do things for the rewards that they see. People don't do evil because they WANT to do evil, people do evil because it leads to something that they want.

Vault Dweller
2007-11-02, 10:48 PM
What does it take to mutilate a kids mind that much? I honestly would like to know.

I heard, from reliable sources, mind you, that it was that horribly realistic and corrupting video game, Doom.

hotdog
2007-11-12, 07:50 PM
Halo is better?

Anything that anyone recieves they deserve KA otherwise they would not get it. Even if it's a slug in the ass. Karma is never wrong!

(Please note that I am being incredibly sarcastic in this post. Yes this edit is for the retards out there who might flame someone for joking.)