PDA

View Full Version : Equal Protection Under the Law, huh?

!King_Amazon!
2007-10-17, 10:49 PM
I discovered this in the Massachusetts state constitution.

"Any every denomination of Christians, demeaning themselves peaceably, and as good subjects of the commonwealth, shall be equally under the protection of the law: and no subordination of any one sect or denomination to another shall ever be established by law."

It was amended to be this:

"and all religious sects and denominations, demeaning themselves peaceably, and as good citizens of the commonwealth, shall be equally under the protection of the law; and no subordination of any one sect or denomination to another shall ever be established by law."

What the hell is that? They are pretty much saying, as long as you're RELIGIOUS, you're equally protected under the law. What is that bullshit?

Kaneda
2007-10-17, 10:58 PM
I think your completely wrong on your understanding.
I see it as "Any every denomination of Christians, demeaning themselves peaceably, and as good subjects of the commonwealth, shall be equally under the protection of the law: and no subordination of any one sect or denomination to another shall ever be established by law." All religious peoples are equal and no one church or "sect" shall be favored?