PDA

View Full Version : Vet cuts down Mexican Flag

KagomJack
2007-10-03, 05:34 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6314

Vollstrecker
2007-10-03, 06:03 PM
No video here at work, and the story link gives a "Not Available".

Summary?

KagomJack
2007-10-03, 06:50 PM
Basically some Hispanic bar was flying a Mexican flag over the American flag on Flag Day (which is apparently illegal) and this vet pulled the flags down and cut the Mexican one off and took the American flag back and said they had to fight for it since he had to risk his life for his country and flag.

Vollstrecker
2007-10-03, 07:04 PM
That's a bit extreme, however I can understand the sentiment.

KagomJack
2007-10-03, 07:47 PM
Yeah. The reporter dude kept asking the Mexicans standing outside how they felt and they just ignored him and went back inside, carrying the Mex flag.

D3V
2007-10-04, 06:52 AM
They probably didn't speak engrish.

Thanatos
2007-10-04, 08:12 AM
Eh, it wasn't really extreme.

If you let this shit fly, though, what's next?

!King_Amazon!
2007-10-04, 09:01 AM
Strip everyone of their identity/nationality IMO. Until we're all one race, or one nation, or what have you, there will never be anything close to peace on earth. It would be nice if we came up with a way to have everyone live inside identical robots, so there's no such thing as race or nationality or difference of any sort.

D3V
2007-10-04, 11:03 AM
Strip everyone of their identity/nationality IMO. Until we're all one race, or one nation, or what have you, there will never be anything close to peace on earth. It would be nice if we came up with a way to have everyone live inside identical robots, so there's no such thing as race or nationality or difference of any sort.

Preach the ways of Islam!

I don't think it'd necessairily be a good or bad thing once we're all the same race, because as long as we can still coexist on the same planet.. I embrace being different, and others being different, it's called culture, it's a GOOD thing.

!King_Amazon!
2007-10-04, 11:24 AM
Differences cause conflict.

Even if we were all the same, there would still of course be some sort of conflict. However, it would be nothing compared to how it is now.

I'm only half serious anyway. I've joked that that's how I would do things if I ran the world.

D3V
2007-10-04, 11:34 AM
This should be a debate in 'Opinion and Debate' .... I'm sure we've argued about it before, wouldn't mind doing so again

!King_Amazon!
2007-10-04, 11:36 AM
I'm fairly certain I've never debated the topic before. I'm pretty sure it hasn't even been brought up here before. Could have been though.

I dunno, go start it if you want, I'll put my 2 cents in.

Vollstrecker
2007-10-05, 05:56 PM
Eh, it wasn't really extreme.

If you let this shit fly, though, what's next?

Anything that promotes conflict is rarely a good thing, I would rather he have reported it to the authorities than him freaking out and disrespecting their flag after they (possibly unknowingly) disrespected ours.

There are things worth fighting for, immigrants commiting a minor symbolic crime certainly isn't one of them.

KagomJack
2007-10-05, 09:45 PM
I think they knew what they were doing, just didn't care.

klo
2007-10-06, 08:20 AM
Yea, it was around here. I think the veteran makes a very good point...I guess I am slightly racial when it comes to DUMB mexicans.

Thanatos
2007-10-06, 10:54 AM
In my experience, I've noticed most young women hate Mexicans...

KagomJack
2007-10-08, 12:01 AM
The stereotype that Mexicans prey on young women because, you know, all Mexicans are gangbangers. *rolls eyes*

Willkillforfood
2007-10-08, 06:23 AM
I know they oogle at cute girls a lot x_X. Lol, makes a lot of chicks uncomfortable when 5 guys are staring at them in a group and not even flinching =P.

!King_Amazon!
2007-10-08, 07:06 AM
White guys oogle at cute girls a lot.
Black guys oogle at cute girls a lot.
Asian guys oogle at cute girls a lot.

Stereotypes are ignorance. Everybody does everything, nobody does nothing.

klo
2007-10-08, 09:36 AM
Mexicans just tend to be in a group ALL THE TIME and they wistle and bark like they have a place to. White guys and black guys don't bark at girls...they at least have some words to say if they are interested. ugh. And when mexicans do come at me they don't fucking talk english so they need to go back to mexico and bark there.

Edit- AND asian, sorry left that one out.

Thanatos
2007-10-08, 10:08 AM
This has nothing to do with them being 'gangbangers.' What klo said.

Kaneda
2007-10-08, 01:55 PM
LOL! Stereotypes exist for a reason and I'd say more than 75% of the time they follow through. Mexicans from Mexico throw shitty toilet paper in the trash can. They use vinager to clean everything. Just generally not as smart as some other cultures. Sure theres exceptions.
I'm not racist but I'm not going to ignore the obvious points sitting in my face just to be politically correct. Gringas don't like them because they don't know anything about American courtships. I don't know if they bark and whistle at girls in Mexico but I can't see it working there either. They're just not as refined.

Vollstrecker
2007-10-08, 04:46 PM
Vollstrecker oogles at cute girls a lot.

Had to add one there. :D

KagomJack
2007-10-09, 10:14 PM
I'll give you that. They seem to travel in packs.

Vollstrecker
2007-10-10, 04:38 PM
I'll give you that. They seem to travel in packs.

Women travel in packs too.

KagomJack
2007-10-11, 12:25 AM
Not like Mexicans seem to do, dude.

klo
2007-10-18, 08:08 PM
Women travel in packs too.

and you like it

Vollstrecker
2007-10-19, 04:37 PM
and you like it

Not I, but I tend to be self-conscious and an introvert in public. The last thing I want to do is attempt to talk to one of you in the middle of the wolf pack. ;)

Kaneda
2007-10-19, 05:24 PM
Not I, but I tend to be self-conscious and an introvert in public. The last thing I want to do is attempt to talk to one of you in the middle of the wolf pack. ;)
Amen!

Thanatos
2007-10-22, 07:43 AM
The last thing I want to do is attempt to talk to one of you in the middle of the wolf pack. ;)

Yeah, fuck that shit. That's like running blindly through a shooting range.

Willkillforfood
2007-10-22, 08:26 AM
I think a lot of people are at least a little less likely to initiate a conversation if they're in a group. It's just more awkward.

Willkillforfood
2007-10-22, 08:48 AM

Stereotypes are ignorance. Everybody does everything, nobody does nothing.

Ignoring reality is ignorance. I don't see black guys or white guys that often blatently stare at and stalk girls around the store. I've observed this several times in my experience when I was hanging out with my chick friend. There is a -very- distinct difference in -my- experience. Apparently it's the same in Klo's experience too and she lives over 1k miles from me.

I hate people who as soon as you bring race into something automatically write it off as ignorance. Sometimes the truth doesn't sound that politically correct. Black people are also more likely to goto jail than whites. Is that ignorance? No. It's a fact.

Vollstrecker
2007-10-23, 03:02 AM
Stereotypes (when they originally catch on) usually have a bit of truth to them, however it usually fades with time, becoming the ignorance most people claim.

They're typically not polite or politically correct though.

Willkillforfood
2007-10-23, 03:00 PM
I'm tired of political correctness. It can suck it.