PDA

View Full Version : Portland Jailer Under Scrutiny for City of Heroes Forum Messages

Vault Dweller
2007-09-18, 12:48 PM
http://gamepolitics.com/2007/09/11/portland-jailer-under-scrutiny-for-city-of-heroes-forum-messages/

I'm not even sure what to say about this. The guy is obviously a dipshit, but at the same time, this seems to be some sort of free speech infringement (perhaps?).

!King_Amazon!
2007-09-18, 12:54 PM
Having free speech in all cases or not having free speech in any cases is not good. There should be some common sense involved. He shouldn't be able to keep his job just because of the first amendment. He's abusing people, human beings, regardless of whether they are prisoners or not.

Vault Dweller
2007-09-19, 01:37 AM
Assuming what he said is true, I agree, he should be canned (or caned, for that matter). I guess my concern is over the fact that the internet has proven to be a forum for individuals to exaggerate/lie about their "real life" escapades. If this turns out to be such a case, then I can see the free speech issue coming up.

Of course, he shouldn't have been using a computer at work for such purposes in the first place, so I guess he should be fired for being a dumbfuck, regardless of his stance on prisoner abuse.

!King_Amazon!
2007-09-19, 06:33 AM
I would say even if things aren't as extreme as he said they were, he's got some problems for saying they are, and probably is somewhat likely to do it in the future. Best to just get rid of him.