PDA

View Full Version : Vick signs Plea Deal..

D3V
2007-08-20, 12:40 PM
Headline just popped up, not sure of the details as of yet, I'll post a pasted news story once one is actually put through with the details.

D3V
2007-08-20, 01:16 PM
VICK AGREES TO PLEA DEAL
credits: www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal that could send him to prison, ending a federal dogfighting prosecution that jeopardizes his pro football career, his lawyers said.

NFL star Michael Vick leaves a recent court appearance.

Vick will plead guilty to felony conspiracy next Monday, defense attorney Lawrence Woodward told the Virginian-Pilot, of Norfolk, Virginia.

A status conference on the case is set for 3 p.m. in U.S. District Court in Richmond, Virginia.

"After consulting with his family over the weekend," Michael Vick asks that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him," lead defense attorney Billy Martin said in a statement.

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his action and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter," Martin's statement said.

Vick's attorneys have been negotiating with federal prosecutors over terms of the deal, which must be approved by the judge. While prosecutors can recommend a sentence, the decision ultimately rests with the judge.

The plea would help Vick avoid additional federal charges.

Federal prosecutors had offered a deal recommending an 18- to 36-month prison sentence. Vick's attorneys were trying to reduce that to less than a year, two sources told CNN earlier on Monday.

It was not immediately clear whether Vick's attorneys have heard back Monday from National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell's office. They wanted to clarify Vick's career options before entering into any deal with federal prosecutors, the sources said.

Vick's three codefendants in the dogfighting case have accepted agreements to plead guilty in exchange for reduced sentences.

If Vick backs out of the deal, he could face additional charges in the case when the grand jury convenes in Richmond. See a timeline of the case against Vick »

The NFL is considering what, if any, sanctions they should impose on the 27-year-old suspended Atlanta Falcons player.

The dogs were killed because they fared poorly in "testing" sessions in April at Vick's property in Virginia where the dogfighting venture was based, according to documents released following plea agreement hearings Friday for Purnell Peace, 35, of Virginia Beach, and Quanis Phillips, 28, of Atlanta. See what Vick's former co-defendants admitted »

A third man, Tony Taylor, 34, of Hampton, Virginia, already had his plea deal approved.

In the court documents, Peace and Phillips said that the money behind the Bad Newz Kennels dogfighting operation came "almost exclusively" from Vick, and they told prosecutors that other accusations in the 18-page indictment are true.

What's most aggrovaiting is that this peice of shit probably won't even face jailtime with the way the government works to help out celebrities/athletes these days.;

!King_Amazon!
2007-08-20, 01:19 PM
Who cares anyway. zomg someone famous did something let's go on about it for weeks.

D3V
2007-08-20, 01:21 PM
There's nothing better in the news right now anyways.

Willkillforfood
2007-08-20, 02:40 PM
wtf, no execution!?!?!

klo
2007-08-20, 03:39 PM
Lets drown HIM till near death then hang HIM. asshole diserves it.

Willkillforfood
2007-08-20, 08:08 PM
I wonder if that'd get him another shoe deal with Nike.

Thanatos
2007-08-21, 08:16 AM
He's at least going to jail for a year. Probably more, with what I've been hearing about how much of a hardass this particular judge is.

But, I'm tired of hearing about this fucker. I was watching the MNF game of the Colts/Bears last night and they did at least an hour of coverage on the Michael Vick scandal. It's annoying.

D3V
2007-08-21, 08:52 AM
Yep, seen the same thing. I was out eating wings and they brought it up, actually it was a message somebody had sent to them, like from his Lawyer or something..

The1
2007-08-21, 09:08 PM
He's at least going to jail for a year. Probably more, with what I've been hearing about how much of a hardass this particular judge is.

But, I'm tired of hearing about this fucker. I was watching the MNF game of the Colts/Bears last night and they did at least an hour of coverage on the Michael Vick scandal. It's annoying.

he will be in jail for 4 months no more watch... I can bet on it.

Vollstrecker
2007-08-21, 09:20 PM
We'll likely witness more celebrity "justice". He'll get a formal reprimand, pay some fine that won't really dent his finances, and get back to his life.

God bless America.

D3V
2007-08-22, 06:44 AM
Pit-bulls jaws don't lock up for no reason.

Willkillforfood
2007-08-22, 08:00 AM
Put him in a pit with a dozen of those pitbulls.

D3V
2007-08-22, 08:05 AM
What's funny is this shit is going to hit the fan eventually soon as Vick drops some names of other big named celebrities/actors/athletes that partake in the same type of shit.

I guarntee you this isn't the end of this shit.

Willkillforfood
2007-08-22, 08:10 AM
It'd be funny if Martha Stewart was one of them. "A rape stand was found at the back of her house in Martha's Vineyard. It looked to be hand-crafted and decorated with colorful flowers and pony drawings."

D3V
2007-08-22, 08:12 AM
Yeah.. right. In Georgia the only thing illegal is the fighting of two dogs. You are ALLOWED to train them to fight / kill.. Screwey laws, aye?

Willkillforfood
2007-08-22, 08:15 AM
They showed some cock fighting on "The Human Weapon" haha.