PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your hometown?

HandOfHeaven
2007-08-19, 04:16 PM
My hometown is alright. I wish I was older, so I could enjoy the drunkfests offered almost every other week in summer, along with Oktoberfest. Other than that, we just have a small 3-movie theatre, a Wal-Mart (opened in April), and a Lutheran college. Not much here; just a big trucking and industrious town. I think we have the world's largest AMPI plant though, despite the fire that melted 3 million pounds of butter into the river.

Grav
2007-08-19, 04:33 PM
Which should I consider my hometown, where I grew up or where I've been living for 2-3 years?

HandOfHeaven
2007-08-19, 04:34 PM
I figure whichever you are more familiar with.

gruesomeBODY
2007-08-19, 09:11 PM
My hometown is extremely boring. There is basically nothing here. The areas that are around my town are pretty decent and if i want to drive the hamptons and city is around. But stickly my area, lame.

HandOfHeaven
2007-08-19, 09:53 PM
Well, at least those other places have some things to do. The closest place with a large mall and a places to party is 30 miles away from my hometown, but the real fun is 90 miles away in the Twin Cities.

Willkillforfood
2007-08-19, 10:02 PM
I like how calm my hometown is. I'm boring I suppose. This larger city is nice with all the hot chicks and stuff ...I need to nab me one ;).

Thanatos
2007-08-20, 07:54 AM
Eh, my hometown isn't anything special.

Bout 11,000 people there.. we're just now getting a Wal-Mart, it's actually booming lately. Stores/Sub-divisions are popping up everywhere. There's nothing to do here, though. The best thing we have is the movie theater... and that's infested by Jr. high kids. So, everybody turns to partying. Half the school (or at least when I went to it) was stoners. Mooresville, IN sucks actually.

HandOfHeaven
2007-08-20, 08:05 AM
I think that's what happens in small towns, though. A good portion of the public school smoked pot, and about 10% smoked meth.

Vault Dweller
2007-08-28, 10:15 PM
My answer to this question generally changes on a daily basis. It's not a big city by any means, which is kind of nice, but that tends to limit the number of things you can do. It's not outstanding, but I've become relatively comfortable here (probably too comfortable).