PDA

View Full Version : another week of tranquility

kyeruu
2007-07-23, 07:18 PM
that's right another week for you guys, going on my camping trip!!
with friends, her hot cousin and so on.

Vollstrecker
2007-07-23, 07:23 PM
In before the rabid "pix plz" posts.

kyeruu
2007-07-23, 07:33 PM
lol i don't do plox anymore.

HandOfHeaven
2007-07-23, 08:10 PM
With friends and her hot cousin? I'm assuming you mistook the third person for the first person, and changed your gender. Hick.

Vault Dweller
2007-07-23, 08:56 PM
Have fun and good luck.

I need to go camping sometime soon. Maybe after this semester is over.

Vollstrecker
2007-07-23, 08:58 PM
Camping is fun, too bad all of my stuff is in another state.

HandOfHeaven
2007-07-23, 09:50 PM
Camping is fun in Minnesota, with one draw-back. We have enough mosquitoes here to take out all of Al-Quaeda.

Thanatos
2007-07-24, 09:39 AM
You sure do travel a lot. Have a goodun.

klo
2007-07-24, 10:44 AM
I used to love camping...now I think I might be a little used to the city life.

I remember being a little girl camping with my parents out in WY and we would have to pump and filter our own water...<3ed it. Oh, and we would go up every year looking for fire wood and for our xmas tree :). My parents rock

KagomJack
2007-07-24, 11:43 AM
Well, when one lives in Puerto Rico, one typically will have nothing better to do.

Vollstrecker
2007-07-24, 04:45 PM

I remember being a little girl camping with my parents out in WY and we would have to pump and filter our own water...<3ed it. Oh, and we would go up every year looking for fire wood and for our xmas tree :). My parents rock

I was in a rather avant-garde Boy Scout troop for 10 or so years (including Cub Scouts), and we went backpacking for a week at a time to building our own Kayaks to take down the Colorado River.

Those were the times. I doubt I could hike 20 miles in a day now, lol.

HandOfHeaven
2007-07-24, 08:37 PM
Hiking is pretty tough. Normally I walk 5 or 6 miles of trails, but when it is a long one I take backpack with water and some fruit. And a soccer ball, of course. One of the hardest hikes I had was at Fort Ridgely. We basically were walking up a 60 degree angle for 500 feet. Good view from the top, totally worth it.

Vollstrecker
2007-07-24, 08:44 PM
I'm talking 20 miles at a time, single day-trips or 10 miles a day with a full 100-pound backpack for a week, most of these in broken desert terrain common to southern California (and sometimes full-blown desert). ;)

My legs are still beasts from that time. My "waterproof Airwalks" may still even be legend among the troop, since I usually refused hiking boots.

Vault Dweller
2007-07-25, 02:21 AM
Last time I went was last year. Lots of getting drunk and stoned and puking on a mountain in West Virginia. That and wandering around and climbing rock formations and getting stoned and watching sunsets. Most of my friends that I camp with moved across the country, though.

RoboticSilence
2007-07-25, 11:54 AM

Pump-filters are awesome! It's a lot more fun than boiling the water.

I just went camping at Nordhouse Dunes Wilderness in Michigan (about 3 hour drive) and it was incredible. Right next to the water, nearly empty (until a couple days in when the whole state showed up) and amazing views since you can camp anywhere. I refuse to camp anywhere with "sites". Only the wilderness will do now. Unfortunately, it's really fucking hard to find wilderness areas these days!

Vollstrecker
2007-07-25, 04:18 PM
Got em all over the place in the southwest, but they're largely desert. ;)

hotdog
2007-07-28, 01:09 PM
Hell yes. Desert camping the most annoying way to camp in Oregon. All these tumbleweeds blow through your camp and knock everything over. At least the mountain camping is good though.

kyeruu
2007-08-08, 04:33 PM
hmm well in puertorico, yes, there isn't anything better to do, getting work, well, your admitted just about anywere with a college education, and th best part is, it doesn' matter, if you studied as a doctor, or a carpenter, you went to college, i'm hiring you, thts it! which is why getting money is very easy over here.