PDA

View Full Version : Evan Almighty...

D3V
2007-06-22, 01:22 PM
For all of that haven't heard of this movie, it's the sequal (suppsosively) to Bruce Almighty, the movie where Jim carrey is turned into (god). The first was definately funny, and this one looks just as good, ..

Starring Steve Carrell from the 40 yr old virgin, and vaious other recent movies, looks great.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0413099/

I'm planning on going tonight with muh baby to see it, i'll hop on sometime after I see it and write up a little review...

!King_Amazon!
2007-06-22, 01:43 PM
It looks funny, but I'm just not sure if it can match Bruce Almighty. Evan seems more like an idiot.

RoboticSilence
2007-06-22, 02:24 PM
I don't get how people think stuff like this is funny. It looks like a total cash in. Bruce Almighty was funny and I'm sure this one may have good jokes but I just can't, in good conscience, support this kind of spin-off assembly line shit.

!King_Amazon!
2007-06-22, 02:27 PM
I only watch indy movies, myself.

RoboticSilence
2007-06-22, 02:29 PM
I seem to mostly watch indie flicks, too. They are the only ones trying anything new these days as mainstream shit is so stale. That being said, I still see sequels of movies I liked even if I knew they would be bad (i.e. Spiderman 3, GODDAMN IT SUCKED) so I am pretty much a hypocrite.

D3V
2007-06-22, 02:54 PM
I seem to mostly watch indie flicks, too. They are the only ones trying anything new these days as mainstream shit is so stale. That being said, I still see sequels of movies I liked even if I knew they would be bad (i.e. Spiderman 3, GODDAMN IT SUCKED) so I am pretty much a hypocrite.

Lmao, all I need is a little bit of comedy and i'll be happy, probably my favorite recently has been Borat,.. comedy wise, just because of how unsuspecting people are. Though, you can label just about ANYTHING mainstream if you think about, it's very very difficult for something to be new and not a spinoff of everythign else, because almost everything has been thought of/created already.

Vollstrecker
2007-06-22, 06:19 PM
I think I'll wait for video on this one, but the previews look alright.

D3V
2007-06-25, 02:25 PM
Alright well here goes.

I went and watched this movie on Friday, the late showing too, it was like 11:15 or some shit.

For the most part, I wasn't really sure what to expect, possibly the "SEQUEL" of Bruce Almighty.

Well, I was wrong, this isn't the sequel in any way, shape or form. It's much more of it's own story introducing a whole bunch of new characters, besides the return of God, played by Morgan freeman, who is always a favorite in any movie I watch, personally.

You won't be let down, I mean it IS a Family oriented movie, but I myself enjoyed it, definately worth the $7 cover fee, but all in all... I'd give it a 3.9/5.0 .. I felt that there could have been a few things done differently in this flick, but they did a good job molding the cast and scripts together, I recommend this movie to anyone :)

!King_Amazon!
2007-06-25, 02:39 PM
On another note, I went to see "Knocked Up" this past weekend, it was really good.

Thanatos
2007-06-25, 02:45 PM
I want to see 'em both! Ahh, good thing I'm always busy.

D3V
2007-06-25, 02:49 PM
On another note, I went to see "Knocked Up" this past weekend, it was really good.

Yeah I second that, I went to the drive-in to see it, the sound quality was horrible beacause where we live the freaking transponders at the local drive-in are terrible, can't hear anything for shyt... But the movie was still really good.

slaynish
2007-06-25, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I wanna see knocked up:(

gruesomeBODY
2007-06-26, 04:20 AM
EVan Almightly is suppose to be the biggest budget to date on a movie or somethign like that. Ill wait for the movie to come out at the local video store

D3V
2007-06-26, 01:24 PM
There are definately some sweet ass scenes with the animals and such, and the Ark they build is fucking massive, yeah I'ma probably grab it on DVD as well.