PDA

View Full Version : Life sucks

Dar_Win
2007-06-19, 04:35 PM
I have finally come to the conclusion that life sucks. These past few months have been some of the worst ever. I don't have enough energy for the who 15 paragraph essay, and I know like 2 people will read it anyway, so I'll just make a list.

-Money is tight for me
-Rent keeps going up
-Girlfriend and I have broken up and gotten back together twice this year alone(together since we were 13, we're now 19).
-She's now going out with this total douche bag
-Grades suck
-Developing a drinking problem
-Can't sleep well at all
-Car totalled, friend died in the crash
-I feel like I'm starting the loose my muscular body

Yes, some of it is just minor shit, when when it all adds up, it's a lot.

Story of the car crash: http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/002251.html

!King_Amazon!
2007-06-19, 04:42 PM
That really sucks man. Do you think there's some underlying cause for all of this? I mean, some of it obviously just sucks and there's nothing you coulda done about it, like your friend dying. Perhaps there's something wrong in your life that you should work on?

My suggestions:

Get over the girl, I know that would have to suck(because you're pretty much in the same sort of situation that I'm in with my girl, except our relationship is fine.) After spending so much time with someone it would have to be really hard to just "get over it." But my guess is she's at least the start of some of your problems.

Find a roommate. It will help your rent/money situation a bit. Perhaps try to find a better job.

Why do your grades suck? Should you be spending more time on school than you are?

I think your inability to sleep is probably caused by most of these things, same with your developing drinking problem.

Some of these things could be helped, and that would in turn help the others. Get a roomate, spend more time on school, work out, eat right, get healthy. Your sleep will improve, your overall attitude will improve, you'll feel tons better, and the stress will be a lot less severe.

Stress can be a killer, man. And it sounds like you've got a lot of it. Don't solve it with drinking.

kyeruu
2007-06-20, 11:42 AM
Yeah, you gotta be positive, like me!
I;m not the person to say this (i still live with my parents)
but if you go through sacrifices you can pull through.
You have to put your feelings aside and concentrate fully on the future!
Forget about the past that your GF left you that your cars gone.
Lamenting over those things ain't going to fix anything, but focusing on doing the best from the things you llearned from the past CAN help out.

Thats my advice hope it worked.

Willkillforfood
2007-06-20, 12:02 PM
Look, that girl left you in one of your great times of need in your entire life ...fuck her man. I'd definitely not like her anymore if I were you. All you can do is try some of that stuff KA said.

kyeruu
2007-06-20, 12:05 PM
See? some people agree with me

Dar_Win
2007-06-20, 03:32 PM
Look, that girl left you in one of your great times of need in your entire life ...fuck her man. I'd definitely not like her anymore if I were you. All you can do is try some of that stuff KA said.

It's kind of hard to go from seeing and talking to someone everyday for 6 years to basically not talking to them at all. Especially someone you care that much for.

slaynish
2007-06-20, 03:39 PM
Yeah. I agree.

Not that I know from experience... its just.. that would really suck....

I can't really say anything that might help you, I guess the only thing I can say is that miracles do happen. Focus and set goals, it's surprising what you can achieve if only you set your mind to it.

MightyJoe
2007-06-20, 06:05 PM
First off, my condolences about your friend, that must be hard for you especaily since you were in the car.

Secondly, if you think you are drinking too much, talk with someone around you, if you can get someone else involved they will be more likely to find stuff you can do, or just hang out with you, to curb your drinking.

Third, yes it sucks to lose someone you were that close too. But maybe just take a month apart and see if you still feel the same way about her after that period of time. If so then try to do everything in your power to get back together with her.

Grav
2007-06-20, 10:26 PM
Pick a goal and stay focused. Wake up every day for the furthering of that goal; make decisions for the long-term to attain said goal. Even down to things as simple as who you hang out with. For now, see the people around you as potential to move up/on in life. If they can't help you in that regard, discard. There are 7 billion people, don't waste your time on the ones that don't matter.

I think, if you have the willpower and determination, this will work out.

kyeruu
2007-06-22, 10:00 AM
Grav just answered your problems.
Set a goal and forget about everything, once your life goes back up the way it should be and EVEN more, those who left you will be back and you'll notice who's a friend and who's a ass bastard.

aznjapboi13
2007-06-22, 11:14 AM
my god that sucks, well you just gotta make the best of your life, if you can't, then get some one to talk to, thats what i did before i tried suicide -.-

gruesomeBODY
2007-06-22, 11:19 AM
Dude, i hope that all works out for you. All the advice above is pretty good so i wont add on. But talking to somebody about stuff like this usually helps, especially to a parent.

D3V
2007-06-22, 03:04 PM
my god that sucks, well you just gotta make the best of your life, if you can't, then get some one to talk to, thats what i did before i tried suicide -.-

The only thing that suicide confirms is that you've given up on yourself, which is pretty pathetic.

If you have internet and a computer to post on, AC in your house, a roof over youe head, you already are doing better than 70% of the world, there are so many people in 3rd world countries that are starving to death who don't kill themselves, but they make of what they can in their disease infested lands, .. let alone being pms over a video game.

Dar_Win
2007-06-22, 03:26 PM
Thanks for all the great replies. It's nice to know some people care. :)

D3V
2007-06-22, 03:28 PM
Thanks for all the great replies. It's nice to know some people care. :)

Oh I wasn't refferring to you Darwin O_O

Vollstrecker
2007-06-22, 07:06 PM
-Money is tight for me
-Rent keeps going up
-Girlfriend and I have broken up and gotten back together twice this year alone(together since we were 13, we're now 19).
-She's now going out with this total douche bag
-Grades suck
-Developing a drinking problem
-Can't sleep well at all
-Car totalled, friend died in the crash
-I feel like I'm starting the loose my muscular body

A few of these are outside of your control, there's no use stressing over things you can't control, as hard as it is, a lot of it can be looked at and corrected.

Money and Rent can be partially corrected with a few efforts, such as finding a roommate/finding a better job/finding a new living locale.

Your girlfriend and her new boyfriend are issues that she would need to correct, I personally wouldn't try any schemes or anything to get her back simply beyond trying to find out why she no longer cares to spend time with you. I dislike messing with other peoples' lives, as I dislike them messing with mine.

Grades would usually be a problem of not paying enough attention to your studies, I did pretty terrible this past semester as well. Worried entirely too much about my video games and my school suffered for it.

A drinking problem and your sleeping problem are likely directly related to your being stressed. I would recommend finding a new hobby or something to help you relax and clear your mind when you can. I'd also recommend steering clear of alcohol, if you have trouble controlling your consumption. Nothing good has come of abusing alcohol, so a little willpower would need to be exercised.

Lastly, your metabolism slows down as you age, meaning you have to work harder to keep your figure as you age. I've put on some weight since I graduated High School as well, it tends to happen. If this is a large concern to you, consider dedicating more time to fitness or doing some more research into how you can improve the time you spend on fitness. This could become a new hobby such as I recommended above.

While far from professional advice, I figure these are good starting points at least. I hope it all works out for you, and I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It always sucks to lose someone you knew.

Vault Dweller
2007-06-28, 01:35 AM
Seems like good advice all around. I would like to add that a healthy dose of narcissism is quite helpful in getting over a relationship - just don't go overboard. Just start telling yourself "I'm the shit" on a regular basis, like a workout routine. Whether you believe it or not at first, eventually your ego rebuilds itself. Also helps to surround yourself with people who share the opinion that you are, indeed, "the shit."
Oh, and alcohol is definitely a depressant. It will just make your outlook worse.

slaynish
2007-06-28, 07:45 AM
It's kind of hard to go from seeing and talking to someone everyday for 6 years to basically not talking to them at all. Especially someone you care that much for.

Remember, when the time strikes,

PIITB!

Dar_Win
2007-06-28, 04:18 PM
Drinking and not thinking about all this shit > trying to convince myself that I'm the shit

Willkillforfood
2007-06-29, 12:50 AM
I wasn't saying my advice was going to be easy. But as time goes by you'll figure out that you're just wasting your time worrying about a girl who left you in one of the great times of need of your entire life.

HandOfHeaven
2007-06-29, 08:25 AM
Stop drinking. You'll save money, be thinking more logically and clearly, and be all around more presentable to your girl. If she is worth it, that is.

Willkillforfood
2007-06-29, 11:17 PM
Here's a little something to cheer you up. Titusfied again:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Willkillforfood/gaytitusfied.jpg