PDA

View Full Version : How do you combat global warming?

khwiii
2007-05-16, 07:48 PM
Build an Ark!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8P5ET601&show_article=1

MightyJoe
2007-05-16, 08:07 PM
What a great idea....

Vollstrecker
2007-05-16, 08:16 PM
In the worst case, people nearby can flock to it and live amongst a giant sea.

It's like the Bible combined with Waterworld! This only gives more credence to the underground theory that Kevin Costner is the second coming of Jesus...

Willkillforfood
2007-05-16, 08:42 PM
I wonder how much CO2 was released making it and having people flock there.

Vollstrecker
2007-05-16, 09:14 PM
I wonder how much CO2 was released making it

Probably enough to make it funny.

and having people flock there.

By then it won't matter! :D

gruesomeBODY
2007-05-17, 08:59 AM
In the worst case, people nearby can flock to it and live amongst a giant sea.

It's like the Bible combined with Waterworld! This only gives more credence to the underground theory that Kevin Costner is the second coming of Jesus...
I second that, except i hope he wouldnt be a mutant. Part man part fish is just sick in my book

Atnas
2007-05-17, 02:37 PM
Shouldn't they be... doing whatever it is they do?

Willkillforfood
2007-05-17, 04:52 PM
They might as well fight smaller battles. Like saving the whales.

Grav
2007-05-17, 07:48 PM
We are close to making human gills a reality.

MightyJoe
2007-05-17, 09:23 PM
You're theory intregues me, please tell more...

Vollstrecker
2007-05-18, 04:17 PM

I've already been cast out of the religion for violating the 5th commandment; "Speak ye not of Kevin, lest ye be smitten with lice and banished from the light".

Atonement is not a simple task...

Willkillforfood
2007-05-18, 07:25 PM

You are theory intrigues me too.

hotdog
2007-05-22, 12:58 AM

So you mean to tell me that they have managed to make a respiratory system that can allow someone to breathe both on land and in water? Because a halfway piont wont work, in fact, it would make both water and air poisonous to you. And merely having gills doesn't let you breathe water, that's a such a big misconception that even a black mans penis can't match it in size.

Hades-Knight
2007-05-22, 01:20 AM
This is ridiculous...they're building the ark from wood....where do you think the wood comes from...oh the hipocresy

Lenny
2007-05-22, 04:59 AM
From God, obviously!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY WOOD GIVER!

I don't see why Greenpeace should be building an Ark, though. T'would make more sense if the Fundamentalists did it.

Willkillforfood
2007-05-22, 11:02 AM
Lenny, I dare you to go burn it.

Dar_Win
2007-05-22, 12:57 PM
It will burn when the apocalypse come.

Slyvr
2007-05-23, 07:43 PM
We don't need an ark...we won't die by flood, but the evil invasion the turkeys plot against us.

Willkillforfood
2007-05-23, 09:56 PM
The Ethiopians are pleased.

Demosthenes
2007-05-23, 10:51 PM

I'm intrigued. Elaborate please.

Willkillforfood
2007-05-24, 12:16 PM
Talking about gene therapy or what? x_X.

Grav
2007-05-24, 06:24 PM
I'm intrigued. Elaborate please.

I was being sarcastic. It made hotdog look dumb, though... so I guess mission accomplished!

Demosthenes
2007-05-25, 02:04 AM
I was being sarcastic. It made hotdog look dumb, though... so I guess mission accomplished!

Ahh. Suppose I should have read the rest of the post.

Wouldn't surprise me, though.

hotdog
2007-05-25, 11:18 AM
How can you look dumb? Please master your language before you use it.

Vollstrecker
2007-05-25, 04:17 PM
How can you look dumb? Please master your language before you use it.

Please look up the definition of the word "irony".

Willkillforfood
2007-05-25, 09:16 PM
how do you combat global warming? With lots and lots of knives.

Lenny
2007-05-26, 05:09 AM
Irony: Kind of like iron.

---

I reckon we could hook up all the PS3's in the world to a central server, and use the processing power to come up with a solution for global warming. Something similar is already being done with Folding@Home, ain't it?

hotdog
2007-05-26, 03:43 PM
You realize that what Grav said was purely what is called "Hillbilly Talk" right? Oh wait nevermind your only human you would never understand.
How can a deaf man look any different from a man who can hear just fine? Dumb = Deaf not stupid. Also in laying out his trap he got caught in it.

When you speak with sarcasm you use a different fonts or some other way to show that you are being sarcastic, as seen in books. Now he has two choices. He can either own up to his lack of knowledge concerning the english language like a true man and someone befitting of the title "admin" would...Or he can be stubborn and lose face by not owning up to his mistake.

By picking the latter I won't have to kick his ass so hard he no longer retains human shape, not that I could anyway because he lost human shape already after he got addicted to food, and I don't feel like reprimanding a human today.

What would you choose? Face or pride? Vollstrecker?

Note to the noobs: This is a perfect example of seemingly falling into ones trap but quickly turning it around on a technical error that a smart trapper would never let happen.

Lenny
2007-05-26, 03:53 PM
How can a deaf man look any different from a man who can hear just fine? Dumb = Deaf not stupid. Also in laying out his trap he got caught in it.

I could've sworn that "dumb" meant "mute", not deaf. Might be completely different in American, though...

When you speak with sarcasm you use a different fonts or some other way to show that you are being sarcastic, as seen in books.

Not all books use a different font, or some other way (maybe italics). Italics are generally used for thinking, that's nearly a rule. For sarcasm, though, it's either just given and the character indicates they were being sarcastic, or it is indicated that the character says it in a sarcastic tone.

Grav
2007-05-26, 04:13 PM
You realize that what Grav said was purely what is called "Hillbilly Talk" right? Oh wait nevermind your only human you would never understand.

Now he has two choices. He can either own up to his lack of knowledge concerning the english language like a true man and someone befitting of the title "admin" would...Or he can be stubborn and lose face by not owning up to his mistake.

By picking the latter I won't have to kick his ass so hard he no longer retains human shape, not that I could anyway because he lost human shape already after he got addicted to food, and I don't feel like reprimanding a human today.

Nice technical mistake, numbnuts. I hope you fall off a latter.

Lenny, dumb does not mean deaf in "American." Unless hotdog is posting here from the eighteenth century.

dumb /dʌm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[duhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, verb
–adjective
1. lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.
2. lacking the power of speech (often offensive when applied to humans): a dumb animal.
3. temporarily unable to speak: dumb with astonishment.
4. refraining from any or much speech; silent.
5. made, done, etc., without speech.
6. lacking some usual property, characteristic, etc.
7. performed in pantomime; mimed.
8. Computers. pertaining to the inability to do processing locally: A dumb terminal can input, output, and display data, but cannot process it. Compare intelligent (def. 4).
9. Nautical.
a. (of a barge) without means of propulsion.
b. (of any craft) without means of propulsion, steering, or signaling.
—Verb phrase
10. dumb down, Informal. to make or become less intellectual, simpler, or less sophisticated: to dumb down a textbook; American movies have dumbed down.

Our Living Language : In ordinary spoken English, a sentence such as He is dumb will be interpreted to mean "He is stupid" rather than "He lacks the power of speech." "Lacking the power of speech" is, however, the original sense of the word, but it has been eclipsed by the meaning "stupid." For this change in meaning, it appears that the Germans are responsible. German has a similar and related word dumm that means "stupid," and over time, as a result of the waves of German immigrants to the United States, it has come to influence the meaning of English dumb. This is one of dozens of marks left by German on American English. Some words, like kindergarten, dachshund, and schnapps still have a German feel or are associated to some extent with Germany, but others, like bum, cookbook, fresh (in the meaning "impertinent"), rifle, and noodle have become so thoroughly Americanized their German origins may surprise some.

I will once again attest to how utterly, utterly stupid hotdog is. The word is "vernacular." Learn to love it.

Vollstrecker
2007-05-26, 04:18 PM
I think I'm gonna break this one down MJ-style:

Please enlighten me as to what you mean by "Hillbilly Talk", and also how you are superhuman, because being "only human" obviously isn't good enough to understand.

What? Dumb = Mute, and what the fuck does this have to do with anything?

When you speak with sarcasm you use a different fonts or some other way to show that you are being sarcastic, as seen in books. Now he has two choices. He can either own up to his lack of knowledge concerning the english language like a true man and someone befitting of the title "admin" would...Or he can be stubborn and lose face by not owning up to his mistake.

I have never seen a different font style used for sarcasm in books, the author usually adds the fact that the speaker is speaking sarcastically. For someone berating someone else on their lack of english skills, yours are lacking badly.

Oh my, ethug on our hands! Please don't bust a cap in my computer's ass like those loc' niqqaz down in 4chan.

What would you choose? Face or pride? Vollstrecker?

Note to the noobs: This is a perfect example of seemingly falling into ones trap but quickly turning it around on a technical error that a smart trapper would never let happen.

I'm going to choose to humiliate you thoroughly, so I'll even refute your original post to further illustrate what an idiot you are:
So you mean to tell me that they have managed to make a respiratory system that can allow someone to breathe both on land and in water? Because a halfway piont wont work, in fact, it would make both water and air poisonous to you. And merely having gills doesn't let you breathe water, that's a such a big misconception that even a black mans penis can't match it in size.

You mean like an amphibian? Lord knows they can't breathe both air AND extract Oxygen from water! I doubt we're close to being able to biologically incorporate gills, however a system or implant that could extract oxygen from water is easily imaginable as we learn more.

khwiii
2007-05-26, 06:44 PM

Dude, you are a cyber badass. Can I be on your team??

kaos
2007-05-26, 07:59 PM
It's all about the East side of the internet, mah e-nigga.

Willkillforfood
2007-05-26, 09:25 PM
Wow, I didn't think someone existed that thought "dumb" meant not being able to hear. Kudos =p.

Grav
2007-05-27, 06:57 PM
It's really funny, because that's not even the right alternate meaning. Mute =! Deaf