PDA

View Full Version : shoulder dislocation

slaynish
2007-04-28, 08:06 AM
Has anyone ever dislocated their shoulder?
Last night i was wrestling with someone and im pretty sure my shoulder dislocated then re-located shortly after. Its tender now, i can move it, it has some sharp pains when i lift it too much. I dont wanna have to go see a doctor for this one, im hoping one of you guys has done this before and you can tell me what i should do. Is it just going to re-adjust and thins will be fine in a few days to a week, or is it going to be like this unless i get some surgery. I dont want to have to get any surgery or something.

Thanks.

Dar_Win
2007-04-28, 09:32 AM
I've done it 3 times. The first two times I waited 4 days for the pain to go away, then went to the doctor. The last time I waited a week and the pain just went away by itself.

Sovereign
2007-04-28, 10:02 AM
Luckily, no. I nearly shattered my left arm once during a wrestling match though. It hurt like a bitch for at least a week.

Grav
2007-04-28, 11:15 AM
If you go to a doctor to have it checked out all he will do is feel along your arm/shoulder to make sure everything is set right, maybe press along spots and ask if it hurts. It isn't a bad idea to go to make sure it heals right.

gruesomeBODY
2007-04-28, 01:38 PM
If you go to a doctor to have it checked out all he will do is feel along your arm/shoulder to make sure everything is set right, maybe press along spots and ask if it hurts. It isn't a bad idea to go to make sure it heals right.
I agree with Grav, get it checked so problems wont arise later on in life. My buddy didnt go see a doc after he hurt this shoulder 4 years ago and now he barely can do anything. The doc now said that it could have been fixed, but the way it repaired itself is to difficult to change without hurting the arm for a extended period of time. Do the safe thing

MightyJoe
2007-04-28, 04:23 PM
You should really listen to this advice, at the very least you'll find out nothing is wrong. However if something is wrong, or dislocated its better to have it fixed sooner.

Vollstrecker
2007-04-28, 04:29 PM
Nothing worse than a bone issue healing incorrectly, they literally have to break it (or dislocate it) again to let it heal correctly.

I'd see a doctor if you can.

Willkillforfood
2007-04-28, 05:20 PM
Spit on it. Like a real man.

slaynish
2007-04-28, 05:48 PM
I think its fine.

I dont want to go see a doctor because it is just going to stress out my mom. If the pain doesnt go away im just going to call my mom one day after school and say i hurt it lifting. Im pretty sure its no big deal though. I dont think it is going to be that big of a deal. I went to work today and i seemed to be doing a lot better. I will probably go to my personal trainer at track practice and tell them about it, they know all about sports medicines and things I can do to help it.

I was just wondering how long it should take for the pain to go away. I've heard that since i dislocated it already once, its never going to be the same, like if you roll your ankle bad enough it will always be very sensitive.

Grav
2007-04-28, 05:55 PM
Stupid choice, IMO.

Sovereign
2007-04-28, 06:53 PM
It depends on how much you're using the joint.

If you are continuing to go around your life like nothing happened, it could get worse and hurt for a long time.

MightyJoe
2007-04-28, 07:11 PM
Every response=go to the doctor, honestly I don't we could all be wrong.

slaynish
2007-04-28, 07:14 PM
Im not using it that much because it hurts. It could be a stupid choice but im not going to go through the same bullshit i did with my ankle. I rolled it bad and went to the hospital, got x-rays, and now owe the hospital $1000 for some fucking crutches. Our health insurance isn't that great. We DO have accident insurance, but i left this important part out: i was drunk last night.

Like i said, we have accident insurance, so the lifting thing will work just fine, it is a plausable excuse, i can say i was maxing out on incline press. I know its a stupid decision man but you dont know how my mom is.

Willkillforfood
2007-04-28, 07:47 PM
Im not using it that much because it hurts. It could be a stupid choice but im not going to go through the same bullshit i did with my ankle. I rolled it bad and went to the hospital, got x-rays, and now owe the hospital $1000 for some fucking crutches. Our health insurance isn't that great. We DO have accident insurance, but i left this important part out: i was drunk last night.

Like i said, we have accident insurance, so the lifting thing will work just fine, it is a plausable excuse, i can say i was maxing out on incline press. I know its a stupid decision man but you dont know how my mom is.

No offense bro but if you have shitty health insurance you don't need to doing stupid shit and putting your mom in debt because of it. Think ahead a little and use some common sense.

slaynish
2007-04-28, 07:56 PM
I didnt expect that shit to happen man, whats done is fucking done. Its not going to happen again, it was a wakeup call. I've already thought of that, whats in the past is in the past im asking for advice about what I can do about it.

The best way to play the game is to think about the shot you have coming up, not about the one you shanked a stroke earlier.

Asamin
2007-04-29, 05:50 AM
GO TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR!!!! I have dislocated my sisters elbow a few times and you really do need to just go and see a doctor. You could really hurt yourself otherwise.