PDA

View Full Version : A new "Current Project's?" Thread

Goodlookinguy
2007-01-15, 09:33 PM
***Warning Major Editing***

Like the cheese that came before us I present this...

I'm posting this because the old current projects, posted by United_Ninjas, post closed down. So I decided that I would post this to show my idea to the world for the first time in 6 years, no joke, and to hear the stories you people have.

The story or game rather, is called “Unwell” which is based on a manga or comic I’ve been created for 6 years in the making, getting better and better by the day. By the way if you are someone who gets way to into things that have to do with religion, by getting offended, then I suggest you don’t read this because I honestly don’t care for your views on religion.

My copy of RPG Maker 2003 just does not work right anymore so I'm going to officially create the game on RPG Maker 2000. Demo Release date pending to about 6 months from now.
How bout I put out a small Demo without the official sprites & official opening or anything like that but just to get feel of it, yep I'll put one out soon. I'm receiveing help with my stuff right now.

Red indicates that no work is yet done.

Game Titles to be released
Unwell -Part I-: Before the End (Demo XP ~Special Edition~ released March 20, 2007) (Official In Construction)
Unwell -Part II-: End of tragedy (In Construction)
Unwell -Part III-: Grace in the Lost
Unwell -Part IV-: For what is Lost Among Man
Unwell -Part V-: The Final Chapter
Unwell: Reminiscence of another World (a prelude)

Game Title: Unwell -Part I-: Before the End
Author: NRG - Goodlookinguy
Game Maker: RPG Maker 3, RPG Maker 2k, RPG Maker XP(~Special Edition~)
Music Generator: Finale 2006©
Other Music Collected from:CharsGenerator,SaKaRi
Most Sprites Created by: NRG:Element's Designs

Characters:
Max (main character)
Ikousho (Ikosoイコソ) (main characters best friend)
Anne (main characters childhood friend)
The Undertaker (The non-living, non-dead, most powerful creature of the Universe)
God (Having to do with Christianity)
Angel Ulysses (Under cover angel whom walks among man)
Satan/Anautun (Having to do with Christianity)
Gracin (A high class Demon spawned from Hell)
Trarien (The most powerful, shape-shifting, Demon from Hell)

Side Characters:
Robert (cop of Alisen City)
Elian (citizen of Alisen City)
Vulyn (Weapons mechanic of Hylen Town)
Frayad (citizen of Hylen Town)

Story:
The story starts off at the end of the story, where Max is standing in front of a church. He’s crotched down and looking at the sky and a ray of light comes from a giant cross shaped gun. Then starts the opening sequence. After which you are a kid version of Max for the first maybe 10 minutes of the game going threw his most traumatic life experience, which is seeing his mom get killed by his father Anautun. Now most people wouldn’t be interested in it after reading that I admit but that is because the story is a twisted and emotionally deep drama/action where you don’t understand things until later on. Okay then It goes to Max waking up from a dream, and leaving for a crusade that was never meant to be. Losing a friend to a tyrant named Trarien, realizing his thoughts and memories buried deep in his mind, Max releases that Demon inside himself but to only get killed and revived to Earth by God, giving him the gift (punishment) of not being able to die and enter heaven or to die and enter Hell. Trapped between the world Max is set to destroy Satan and Hell, but to only realize the fact of his existence and who he really was. Unleashed inside him is a child of immense emotional power killing away his living body. What is Max is a question that cannot be answered so easily because of the fact that his existence was known. The Undertaker, a fiend and the overall recurring boss of the game, who can’t die, will of course cause problems for the dying main character.

Story Arc eye catcher:
Who is Unwell?What is Unwell? Here it begins. A young man by the name of Max is taught early in life the meaning of creation. What was Max? What was life? Who controls and dominates the world? A moment in time lives forever in Max with vengeance, to forsake his father. A soul undertaking a traumatic life, sought by a mysterious Undertaker. How can he take up his life and live on as an immortal bound from Heaven and Hell? God seeks the destruction of his ache foe Satan. What is the world really and why such hatred from behind Heaven’s Gates? Why a soul of a child not meant for the world brought upon it so? Why is life not held on by the string that unravels as time flows? Can he find it in himself to take up his hand and reclaim what the world was or is he just Unwell?

Here's a picture It's not in very good quality don't blame me I have to ink my picture scan it then edit it with photoshop so blah okay.

And of course if you have your own Ideas for a game please by all means post it, I enjoy reading stories.

One more edit if this page is being viewed under the address http://zelaron.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-41651.html copy the address futher ahead to reach this website correctly http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?p=572883#post572883

Slyvr
2007-01-16, 09:47 AM
Sounds pretty good. Do you have the game 6 years in the making or the story? I don't like the title though..."Unwell?"

Noob101
2007-01-16, 02:07 PM
Better than my name - "Cliche RPG".

: (

Michael_sama
2007-01-16, 06:14 PM
There's a good reason for the title, I promise. Honestly, if the title matters that much...then the cover of a book tells all, right?

You should have worked on the project more before posting, but that's my opinion anyway, little bro.

Goodlookinguy
2007-01-16, 09:09 PM
To answer your question, Slyvr, it's 6 years in the making of the story. I was going to originally create the game in RPG Maker XP. Then I changed my mind about 4 months ago to create it with RPG Maker 2003

My brother knows the story and there is a very specific reason for the name of the game and manga.

Atnas
2007-01-17, 01:57 PM
Hmm...

Right now I'm working on a game for a contest which can only use the RTP and a few other 'pictures'.

After that, I hope my eventing will have improved enough to start making a game called "Sleep".

I'll post when I write down the outline. Cheers.

Goodlookinguy
2007-01-17, 07:41 PM
Atnas I look forward to what you will come up with.
Oh, and Slyvr there is a very specific reason for the name, not to mention it took me over a year to come up with.

Lenny
2007-01-18, 03:11 PM
Whew... 6 years?! That's some project and a half.

I look forward to seeing some kind of demo.

Goodlookinguy
2007-01-18, 05:53 PM
I will be releasing a demo of the game as soon as I learn the full extensions of variables and conditional branching. As of right now I'm the game on "RPG Maker 3" & "RPG Maker 2003."

Lenny
2007-01-19, 10:29 AM
Well I've never heard of RM3 before. :p Is it any good?

Noob101
2007-01-19, 10:47 AM
Well I've never heard of RM3 before. :p Is it any good?

It's for the PS2, and essentially it's rm2k3 with 3d graphics and what not.

That's what I got out of the reviews, anyhow.

Michael_sama
2007-01-19, 01:25 PM
RPG Maker 3 for the PS2 is the easiest RPG Maker in the series; although, because it is easy, you have huge limitations, such as model for characters can only use certain types of weapons.

I am not going over all the details, but if you want to create a fun RPG without learning too many advance techniques, I would suggest RPG Maker 3. If you are into deep custom RPG that do what you design then I would suggest the computer ones (RPG Maker 2000, 2003, or XP) or RPG Maker 2 for the PS2.

Slyvr
2007-01-19, 04:55 PM
I saw that somewhere while lookin for something for 2k3. It looks pretty kewl. If I had a ps2, I'd buy it

Noob101
2007-01-19, 09:48 PM
I put in a bid for it on eBay - only to be out bidded a second later. Damn eBayians.

>: (

Lenny
2007-01-20, 09:27 AM
Arr, they're all money grabbing pirates they be.

Surely you can get it somewhere at a reduced price anywhere? It's a few years old.

Noob101
2007-01-20, 12:54 PM
Eh, I'll keep an eye out for it. Anyone sees it for sale at a site, PM me. Please. : (

Goodlookinguy
2007-01-21, 01:16 AM
Eh, I'll keep an eye out for it. Anyone sees it for sale at a site, PM me. Please. : (

Ah, now everyone seems to want to know what RPG Maker II & 3 are

Well, well. Here are some easy spots to find and buy the games.

RPG Maker 3
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/rpgmaker3/checkprices.html

Price = $39.99 + tax

Or

http://www.amazon.com/Agetec-P2TOMO-093992097400-RPG-Maker/dp/B000809NXC

Price = $35.99 + tax (9 used and new)

RPG Maker 2

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=938690

Price = $14.99 + tax (may not come with manual)

http://www.amazon.com/Tommo-Inc-RPG-Maker-II/dp/B00008G7MM/ref=pd_sim_vg_1/105-8407248-7627650

Price = $19.39 + tax (18 used and new)

Just to warn you RPG Maker II does not have an easy interface so there is a guide to teach you how to get used to it at the website listed below.

http://www.primagames.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780761550051

Price = $9.99

Now this is Prima's official site and you can only download the guide

http://www.amazon.com/Maker-Primas-Official-Strategy-Guide/dp/0761543562

Price = $6.74 + tax (12 new & used)

This site is Amazon and you can get it so that its mobile but what condition it may be in I don't know.

Well there it is a few easy sites I found using Google search engine.

Now I put tax because in California everything has tax, but if you don’t then it does not count only the shipping & handling matters.

Goodlookinguy:cool:

Goodlookinguy
2007-01-27, 03:52 PM
Ah!!! I have to keep this forum up so I just wrote this, someone, anyone if your have Idea's on a project of your own please write it up here. I'm still waiting for someone with a story for me to read.

Lenny
2007-01-27, 04:14 PM
Don't worry about keeping the activity going in this forum. I've tried, Draco's tried, Wed-G tried (and did pretty well)... heck, most people have tried.

This place is naturally slow.

Goodlookinguy
2007-01-27, 05:29 PM
This place is naturally slow.

Oh... so there's no worries about it disappearing then, eh?

Lenny
2007-01-27, 05:40 PM
Nah. I've been here for two and a half years, it's been really slow, and still it lives.

I'd say that it's been here since the start of the boards in 2001.

Atnas
2007-01-27, 05:56 PM
The only way this is leaving is if Chruser gets high and thinks it's funny to delete this forum.

Don't worry about it.

Goodlookinguy
2007-01-27, 06:03 PM
All right I definitly will not worry anyomore (I hope).

EDIT: Has anyone noticed the avatar, thanks to Atnas I have a logo for Online.

2nd Edit:I have my original logo of it attached on this website http://charas-project.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=19504&forumid=5&catid=4 really I'm requesting for someone to make me stuff on that website but the logo is there hehe.

3rd Edit: Really, no one has a story to tell of some sort I edit my posts too much you know that.

Slyvr
2007-02-13, 10:52 AM
Alright, if you want some ideas for stories I've got a few...well not necessarily stories but settings.

The Ark - Takes place a few years in the future, maybe 2090 or something. The earth is a wasteland after the destruction of wars and climate changes and whatever. The only source of life on the planet is a self-sustained tower called The Ark. (I dunno really what kinda story I could pump outa this though)

Untitled - I was also thinking of making a game kinda like ghost in the shell, with brain hacking and cyborgs and whatnot. It could be like a murder mystery thing with all kinds of mind bending twists that start making sense in the end.

Hm...I've had millions of ideas, but forget them all...

Goodlookinguy
2007-02-14, 07:49 AM
Alright, if you want some ideas for stories I've got a few...well not necessarily stories but settings.

The Ark - Takes place a few years in the future, maybe 2090 or something. The earth is a wasteland after the destruction of wars and climate changes and whatever. The only source of life on the planet is a self-sustained tower called The Ark. (I dunno really what kinda story I could pump outa this though)

I like The Ark. Sounds like a classic idea of the future becoming a wasteland, though maybe it shoud be about 200 to 300 years in the future. Possibly people could be back to being uncivilized who live outside The Ark; and possibly people who live in The Ark are the humans who lived and remembered all that has happened. What could have triggered this was like a giant atomic bomb that made people who did not get hit but were close enough, and not in The Ark, to lose their way of thinking.

Whoops...Gotta go. I'll be back to edit this later

I'm back, Ya!!!

Untitled - I was also thinking of making a game kinda like ghost in the shell, with brain hacking and cyborgs and what not. It could be like a murder mystery thing with all kinds of mind bending twists that start making sense in the end.

Yeah all the way, Ghost in the Shell is awsome. My series has some of the most blood curddling twists in it nearing the end of the show. Hmm... Part IV should be were everything is starting to make sense. You have to make a game and show us!! I'm waiting for something, yeah!!!

Once again I will write this. If you have any ideas of your own write hear just like Slyvr, because those were great story starters and now I want to know more.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-10, 01:16 AM
The powers of the XP took over me and it's coming RPGMaker XP Unwell -BTE- ~Special Edition~ Using the largest chipsets ever created, no joke. Curtosity of RPG-Palace.com I think, I beleave that was the place I got them from, anywho, look out for...

Unwell-Before the End-XP ~SPE~

Coming out March 20, 2007. Be there or be square...

Features

---30min + gameplay demo
--2 accessible characters
-----Largest Chipset I've ever seen
----Mode 07 in very few areas
---Starts at the beggining of the game so that you feel how it will really be
----Great Mp3 music for the best feeling
---No custom sprites yet, they are on the way...
----Custom Chipsets and autotiles
--------Cheese samples
----Should have a opening if I can find a program

Lenny
2007-03-10, 11:56 AM
Cheese?! :confused:

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-10, 12:23 PM
Cheese?! :confused:

Oh that was a little joke to catch people off guard who were actually reading it.

Lenny
2007-03-10, 12:31 PM
Looks like it worked, then. :p

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-10, 01:27 PM
Looks like it worked, then. :p

Yay It worked, NOW I feel special.

Atnas
2007-03-11, 11:51 AM
I'd post a story but... I'm too busy. :p

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-11, 04:36 PM
Come'on Atnas give me a story to feed on. !Oh, yeah. What happened to that game you were making using only RTP for the game?

Atnas
2007-03-11, 06:16 PM
Bah, I had to drop out from that contest because I was grounded. You sure have gotten a happier sig and avatar. :p

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-11, 07:24 PM
Bah, I had to drop out from that contest because I was grounded. You sure have gotten a happier sig and avatar. :p

Yeah I dissapeared for a small amount of time then came back and changed my signiture and avatar. The avatar actually has grass in the backround, but it's not very clear.

Atnas
2007-03-12, 06:13 PM
Yeah. Spam. Pointless post to stay active. Yay.

Why so happy?

Noob101
2007-03-12, 08:26 PM
Random game-making question for you all (didn't feel like starting a new topic):

Is it okay to use Final Fantasy 6 monster sets in an Rm2k3 game? Just curious, because I've seen it done before, but wasn't sure everyone's reaction towards it.

Lenny
2007-03-13, 07:19 AM
I don't see the problem with it.

Maybe if you put something about the monster sets being from FF6 in the credits, people won't mind.

Atnas
2007-03-13, 05:11 PM
No 2k3 users are giant sticklers for rips. The program itself is questionable.

Credits are always the safest way to go.

Lenny
2007-03-13, 05:20 PM
Bah... they would be. :rolleyes:

It's a shame, then, that not all RM2K3 users can sprite well. :(

Atnas
2007-03-14, 08:03 PM
RM2k3 Graphics are more eye-pleasing than XP Sets.

Look.

XP:

http://www.teamanti.com/rmxp/marketstreetzz.png

2k3:

http://www.gamingw.net/file/resource/makers/rm2k/chip//townZU.png

2k3 graphics are more compact and easy on the eyes. It's mainly the legalistic spriters who don't to 2k3.

I couldn't care less, but XP has a wider audience. Mixing them isn't a bad idea either.

Lenny
2007-03-15, 09:32 AM
I can remember when I went on a little cannibalising spree a couple of years ago - tried to rip all the RMXP graphics I could get my hands on, and put them into RM2K3 chipsets.

I gave up after about 3. :p

I have to say, I prefer the RMXP graphics, and they way you can put them into the game, but I prefer RM2K3 as a building engine.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-20, 04:50 PM
:cut: :head: :hanged: :cyborg: These are the most abnoctious similies I could find.

Please forgive me, but I am not done making the opening yet like I expected I would be. Help!!! Can someone tell me where a good place to upload my game is?

Atnas
2007-03-20, 05:39 PM
I will host your project. ;)

Right now It's a Work In Progress, but I'm working on getting all of the damned HTML done.

www.paper-hearts.org

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-20, 07:37 PM
I will host your project. ;)

Right now It's a Work In Progress, but I'm working on getting all of the damned HTML done.

www.paper-hearts.org/ (http://www.paper-hearts.org/)

Thanks Atnas, by the way when will it be available for me to upload?

Atnas if you have any questions e-mail me at

All I have left is to finish up my opening which will actually be working with this song I found by the band Matchbox 20 literally called Unwell as well, and the song is not bad at all.

I'm just guessing this but did someone else layout the website for you because yeah it does look like SaKaRi Music to me, and someone else basically states that they did it not you? Or did they design it and you're finishing it up? Or did you do it and I don't have a clue what the Hell I'm talking about?

I wonder does Zelaron work with HTML let's test it out look below

<html>
<head>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="\">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" >
<title>Cheese</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff">
<h3 align="center">Blank</h3>
<h3 align="center">&nbsp;</h3>
<h3 align="left">Go to <a
href="<A href="http://www.paper-hearts.org/">http://www.paper-hearts.org/</a">http://www.paper-hearts.org/">http://www.paper-hearts.org/</a> for the RPG
maxium power</h3>
</body>
</html>

EDIT: Well it defintly doesn't work, I used frontpage to make that, it is a miracle program when it comes to creating HTML.

EDIT 7/9/08: Good lord, I guess I couldn't program back then. I don't use Frontpage anymore. I use Dreamweaver because it closes my tags. I also now am a professional programmer with XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and SQL. It's funny to see me back in this thread. And to see how naive I was. Frontpage = Miracle Program in creating HTML = False. Learning how to write in XHTML is an art, along with the other programming languages. I have a new site, http://nrgsrpg.com . My professional designs are in the works as of this edit.

Lenny
2007-03-21, 11:31 AM
A .org address? Oooooh! How much does it cost?

Slyvr
2007-03-22, 05:29 PM
You could just host it on my brothers website goldfiles.com. He hosts all kind of random crap, like mini games and stupid time wasting programs. I host my starcraft maps off of thar and it gets pretty good traffic.

Atnas
2007-03-24, 01:00 PM
I got my .org domain name for 3 USD at yahoo for one year, 10 USD from then on.

It'll be up within a month, I'm a horrible learner.

10 gigs and unlimited broadband from an acquaintance, though.

(check out the icons I sprited for it, anyway)

Lenny
2007-03-24, 04:42 PM
Man alive that's cheap. You lucky sod! :p

Good luck with it all.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-24, 05:24 PM
Man alive that's cheap. You lucky sod! :p

Good luck with it all.

I'm going to have to take Lenny's word for it I don't know what USDs are.

Lenny
2007-03-24, 05:39 PM
USD is US$.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-24, 06:10 PM
USD is US$.

Oh, so that's what USDs are, eh. $3 wow that is really! Cheap.

Atnas
2007-03-25, 09:26 AM
;) Yup.

And a friend by the name of Kurisu Just did the layout with my graphics.

:o And he's always there while I figure out new HTML, to help me out.

I'm having a little trouble with the games section, so I'm gonna go ask him what's wrong so I can start hosting projects.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-27, 09:28 PM
After you posted that you were going to make a site I desided I would start and I'm going to be designing one aswell, using Microsoft Expression Web(FrontPage XP version). I need a little help though so I'll probibly post something in an area here at this web site and hope I get a responce soon. I will be buying it in a little more than a month(I want to finish my pages before buying for the sake of saving money). Be expecting NRG's Game Web to be around in the near future. I will have all of the RPG Makers available for download (RMXP & That extra version, RM2k3, RM2k, RM95, SimRPGmaker, and some japanese roms for the gameboy and snes. Also will be ToolKit, Senario Maker, 3D Tactical Maker 47% Translated, 3D Tactical Maker Nontranslated version, Sphere, and some other ones that I can't think of off the top of my head). :cool: :D :grin: :killgrin: ;) :)

Atnas
2007-03-28, 07:59 AM
Awesome. ;)

I'm just dealing with raw code, but whatever.

3d Tactical maker?

:O :O

I have to look that up!

Michael_sama
2007-03-28, 09:49 AM
You know after three pages a thread seems to stray off the original idea.

Anyhow, I have a project too, but all the work is on my original computer. I’m thinking starting from the blue bored of design. It’s called the Wrong Magician. A light fantasy with comedy, different endings depending on which girl the main character falls in love with, and most of all I am working on how to integrate voice acting better with RPG Maker. Expect a demo to arrive around late summer.

The reason, most voices on RPG usually are done poorly; although, I have not seen many. I want to do quality work to promote myself as a voice actor since that is my dream job.

This last note is off track, so please send it to me personally. If anybody knows of any RPG Maker game with good voice acting, please tell me.

Atnas
2007-03-28, 10:42 AM
Usually, people don't do voice acting because of the space the files take up.

That's why it's so hard to find.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-28, 12:28 PM
But it is fun to have voice acters in the game as long as their good.

Atnas
2007-03-28, 12:52 PM
Yes, as fun as that might be, 56k users will have a shitload of a time downloading your gig of voice acting...

If they're in beloved OGG, well, that's different.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-28, 05:51 PM
We have 56k and we also use other computers hence College Libary T5 or High school T3, it's a beutiful world when you can get into the High School computers without them finding out or stoping me. And college computers don't block downloads so that's alright too.

Atnas
2007-03-29, 03:30 PM
So no porn from the comfort of your own home? Aww...

Back on topic please... I might post a game this weekend.

Lenny
2007-03-29, 03:31 PM
On topic? On Zelaron? Excuse me whilst I giggle... :rolleyes:

We look forward to it.

I'll be sleeping all weekend, or playing Motorstorm or Resistance from the comfort of my bed, so I probably won't be able to play it until Monday.

Atnas
2007-03-29, 04:18 PM
;) And what about Nero's tut demo, Lenno?

:o I need something to compare mine to, when I'm done.

(All I've done is mapped two houses and the unpronounceable village.)

Michael_sama
2007-03-29, 04:39 PM
We have 56k and we also use other computers hence College Libary T5 or High school T3, it's a beutiful world when you can get into the High School computers without them finding out or stoping me. And college computers don't block downloads so that's alright too.

Translation:

We have 56k, and we also use other computers; hence, the college library has T5 or high school T3. It's a beautiful world when you can get into the High School computers without them finding out, or stopping me. And college computers don't block downloads, so it is completely okay to download.

Bro, it’s for your own good. Read over what you write, or you are no better than the people that use the internet lingo all the time.

Anyhow, my brother is fifteen! Anything adult nature is illegal to access. I can’t believe the first thing that came to your mind on 56k was about dirty material. I can see where you come from now, so keep those naughty thoughts to yourself!

Atnas
2007-03-29, 04:41 PM
I'm fourteen.

Michael_sama
2007-03-29, 04:45 PM
No, I’m talking about persona not age. You shouldn’t look at dirty stuff either. Not only are you too young for legal access, but it’s not healthy, read the facts. Never mind, we’re going off topic.

Atnas
2007-03-29, 04:58 PM
It actually relieves stress, so it is healthy for me. Showing a child who can't understand it, nor get the reaction from it, isn't healthy.

Anyway, Illegal doesn't mean much. I hate America.

Now, sorry, I'll get back on topic.

(I have nothing to add to the topic...)

Lenny
2007-03-29, 05:02 PM
I do believe that I am legal in that sense before any of you, and legal to drink three years before you all, too! But I can't drive until I'm 17... but wait, I am! So all's good. :)

And yes, must do Nero's demo in between Motorstorm tracks, methinks.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-29, 06:35 PM
methinks.

Lenny why do you always write the word methinks instead of at least writing me thinks and really you should be writing I think.

Aw, who cares. By the way what is Motorstorm? Is it an ATV racing game? I know I've heard of it somewhere...

Atnas
2007-03-29, 06:36 PM
He's British. Enough said?

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-29, 06:43 PM
I realize he's british by another forum post by him spelling the word color, colour. Cha!

Atnas
2007-03-29, 09:56 PM
:D What does "Cha" mean?
Is it like "Squee!"?

Edit: Eh, I made something in RMXP.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/Atnasx/SmudgedSS1.png

I'm tired, don't complain about the broken shadows and shit. o.o Wee two hours of sleep now.

Lenny
2007-03-30, 09:58 AM
Haha! I love the sprite!!

---

Lenny why do you always write the word methinks instead of at least writing me thinks and really you should be writing I think.

Aw, who cares. By the way what is Motorstorm? Is it an ATV racing game? I know I've heard of it somewhere...

I just do. One of my many little quirks.

Motorstorm... yes, it's a racing game. But not just ATVs. It's one of the PS3's main sellers, and a launch title for us. Beautiful game. The physics engine is amazing, and the mud effects are superb!

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-30, 11:40 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/Atnasx/SmudgedSS1.png

Hmm...is that a custom character sprite I see.

Motorstorm... yes, it's a racing game. But not just ATVs. It's one of the PS3's main sellers, and a launch title for us. Beautiful game. The physics engine is amazing, and the mud effects are superb!

Oh, I do believe I've played it before.

Atnas
2007-03-30, 01:40 PM
Custom Template and character, yes. Also modded the window res with a script. :o

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-30, 07:24 PM
Nice Atnas, showing off your spriting skills as I now am getting better at making pictures don't you agree just read the thing I wrote and check out the picture.
I just decided I'd put this here but check out this Logo for my website I making, which is now going to be called NRG's Fuzion Gaming instead of that other name I gave it, NRG's Gaming Web. It will be the future of Logos.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/Goodlookinguy/NRGsFuzionGamingLogoBMP.jpg

Atnas
2007-03-31, 08:55 AM
;) I might not do any of the fancy stuffs you have in there, but let me offer you advice I often offer people when they post title screens on RMXP.org.

The fire effect is nice, but it conciels the text, and you don't want that. Possibly, instead of having a more saturated text, tint it black. It will make it stand out, and not detract much.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-31, 09:10 AM
The fire effect is nice, but it conciels the text, and you don't want that. Possibly, instead of having a more saturated text, tint it black. It will make it stand out, and not detract much.

Well I can edit it anytime since it was made in Photoshop CS2 and really I just followed a tutorial up to a point, but then went crazy and added a lot more, like the backround spikes.:cool:

Atnas
2007-03-31, 09:13 AM
I see. So it wouldn't be hard making it an easier font to read?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/Atnasx/Banner1.png
I chose simplicity over complexity.

Goodlookinguy
2007-03-31, 09:45 AM
True that simplicity does apply to things sometimes but I like to go overboard sometimes just for fun.
Goodlookinguy's Brain (Simplicity=33.3% NoLogo=33.3% Overboard=33.3%)
Goodlooknguy's Brain when hyper (Simplicity=15.5% NoLogo=4.5% Overboard=80%)

Atnas
2007-03-31, 09:57 AM
But sometimes the fun you have subtracts from the message a logo is supposed to coherently convey.

Lenny
2007-03-31, 05:44 PM
If we're on the subject of effects, I've just had an idea for Paper Hearts - rip loads of little paper hearts from different colours of paper, and then place them all together in the shape of a heart (of course, you don't want them all the same way. Some upside down, some facing left, some facing right, skewed, and normal), take a picture of it, and either use the picture or stick it into Photoshop/Fireworks and use the nice little painting effect on it (not too much, mind), to make it look half real half not.

I might actually have a shot at that tomorrow, now I think about it. :p

Atnas
2007-03-31, 06:06 PM
XD

If you do, stick with a black/grey/white theme. Having a ginormous rainbow heart as a banner would make the rest of the site look bland, not modern or stylish as I was aiming for.

I'm making Nero's demo. ;)

What have YOU done for Nero lately? (Can't remember where I heard that, but it stuck in my mind.)

Lenny
2007-03-31, 06:17 PM
Wellllllll... I thought about doing it last night before Motorstorm stole me. If that counts? And I would have done something today, but I woke up at 2, and was told at half past that we were going out at 3.

Tomorrow I have a friend over at midday to try and convert him from his Xbox 360. I might have time to do something in the morning. Btw, which system is he using? I can't remember if it's 2K3 or XP.

Atnas
2007-04-01, 08:23 AM
XP

It's alright if you don't.

I was just looking forward to what you'd make. :p

Lenny
2007-04-01, 03:59 PM
Hmmm... I should start tomorrow. Maybe even tonight if I get bored.

And I didn't have any time today to do any mini-hearts. :(

Atnas
2007-04-01, 04:03 PM
Check out the thread "I thinkI got hacked" On RMXP.org http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18667

;) Someone had fun today.

Lenny
2007-04-01, 04:10 PM
HAHAHA!!! That's great!! :p

Goodlookinguy
2007-04-04, 04:10 PM
I agree with Lenny. Hahaha!:cool:

Michael_sama
2007-04-10, 11:49 AM
Well, I’m back.

“Goodlookinguy's Brain (Simplicity=33.3% NoLogo=33.3% Overboard=33.3%)
Goodlooknguy's Brain when hyper (Simplicity=15.5% NoLogo=4.5% Overboard=80%)”

However, his ego is always on hundred percent. I think I just come here to poke jokes about you bro since I haven’t worked on my game on the family computer. Oh well, cheers. I feel British today, and I want to say cheers all the time. I am not sure why either.

-Note: Everything is off topic on this post.-

Goodlookinguy
2007-04-10, 12:16 PM
Brother, you haven't been to my website since it began, here is the address again. http://www.freepowerboards.com/nrgfuziongaming/ I fixed the page so that you don't have to sign in to look around.

Michael_sama
2007-04-10, 05:27 PM
Yeah, yeah, I don’t know the web site by heart. You just made it for heavens sake. The only reason I remember Zeleron is because you repeated it several times. The reason I didn’t log on for a long time was because I forgot the name until recently.

Goodlookinguy
2007-04-10, 08:07 PM
Yeah, yeah, I don’t know the web site by heart. You just made it for heavens sake. The only reason I remember Zeleron is because you repeated it several times. The reason I didn’t log on for a long time was because I forgot the name until recently.
I have it in the favorites list brother. It seems right now though that the freak'in board is having some downtime. It's pissing me off. I can't get on it, this sucks, and I just started it man.

Atnas
2007-04-11, 02:52 PM
When in the mod panel I did see a notice for a planned downtime. ;)

Atnas
2007-05-11, 02:50 PM
Just popping up for a post...

Anyone got anything new?

Slyvr
2007-05-13, 02:25 PM
No (This is an unnecessary comment but...)

Atnas
2007-05-13, 03:10 PM
Eh. I've been away from the RM community for a while. I didn't know if anyone here was working on anything.

Goodlookinguy
2007-05-18, 10:25 AM
I'm on my own forum a lot more now, so I don't post here anymore, or a least not very much.

Atnas
2007-05-19, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on being active a whole lot more now that school is letting up.

Slyvr
2007-05-19, 04:38 PM
I'm workin on a game, but I'm still not really sure what the story is or...anything...

Goodlookinguy
2007-06-13, 04:37 AM
"Yo"
*yawn*
*Blink*
*Think*
*Typing*
Hey progress is going well with Unwell
Opening sequence storyboard near complition
Using Flash CS3 Technology
Opening song for fist game is
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams(Uncensored)" by Greenday
Opening Song for second game is
"Outside" by Staind
Opening Song for Third Game is
I'll be back later

Lenny
2007-06-13, 01:18 PM
Yay for Flash CS3! :D

New software is always exciting, but when it's the suite containing the latest versions of Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash and Photoshop, it's a special thing. :p

Any chance of a demo? Or a trailer?

Goodlookinguy
2007-06-13, 06:37 PM
There is a good chance that I will make a real & fake Trailer, hehehe, stick figures.

Atnas
2007-06-20, 01:32 PM
Hai gais oim bwak.

I haven't been around for a while.

Hi.

Goodlookinguy
2007-06-28, 07:15 AM
BAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hello there my good folks, I have gotten me site test pages up and a' running, check'em out if you want. They are not what I am really going to set up but they impress me for now, heheehehehehee...
http://faqs.nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com/index.html

Atnas
2007-06-29, 03:15 PM
Server not found.

Lenny
2007-07-01, 01:38 PM
Works fine for me.

A quick suggestion, if I may, GLG:

- If you have the image files for the menu buttons, it might be worth converting them to .gifs and using them, if not already. This'll just speed up the transition between the two when you hover over the link.

Goodlookinguy
2007-07-02, 03:24 AM
That's true Lenny, I'll mess around with that when I get the chance; for now I must get off the computer, Good Night all!

Atnas
2007-07-07, 08:27 AM
Good night.

Hey Lenny. Are you any good with ActionScript? I think I remember you saying something about it...

Lenny
2007-07-07, 10:35 AM
I've actually been playing around with it recently. Looks quite simple.

Why do you ask?

Atnas
2007-07-09, 12:49 PM
Nevermind about that now, I decided I don't want a flashsite. XD

Lenny
2007-07-09, 01:02 PM
Fair enough.

If you decide you do want a flash site, or want help with HTML, then you know where I am.

Slyvr
2007-07-20, 12:33 PM
No one's posted on here for awhile, so I just thought I'd post what I'm currently working on. I started a game that's like a haunted mansion or w/e called Gyro Manor. The main char and his sister inherited the manor from their great uncle. They basically explore the manor and learn the secret of their great uncle...I won't spoil it.

Atnas
2007-07-21, 05:57 AM
That sounds intriguing. :>

Sounds like you should have a creepy art style to fully immerse the player. :D

Edit: 1000th post.

KingOfSpartans
2007-07-21, 05:06 PM
goodlookingguy i have an idea for a story but it's not completely finished yet i'll post about it later once i figure more of it out but so far it's somewhat like your Unwell but also completely different lol and after i post it if anyone actually wants to make i don't care cause i suck with these rpg maker things i just wanted to try it out cause i love rpgs just mention me in the cred or what ever XD

Goodlookinguy
2007-07-22, 08:11 AM
goodlookinguy i have an idea for a story but it's not completely finished yet i'll post about it later once i figure more of it out but so far it's somewhat like your Unwell but also completely different lol and after i post it if anyone actually wants to make i don't care cause i suck with these rpg maker things i just wanted to try it out cause i love rpgs just mention me in the cred or what ever XD

Goodlookinguy, GLG, NRG, NRGoodlookinguy!!!

Goodlookinguy
2007-08-01, 09:47 AM
I have started to put together my site everybody!
So far...
*Site Layout
*3 Pages for http://nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america-site.nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com I have more that have yet to be publised, plus those pages aren't updated and haven't been published ther updated versions yet, check my spelling you'll see what I mean needing to be updated.
*http://forums.nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com is not forwarding it is the site
*http://www.nrgs-fuzion-gaming.com site has one page, not updated yet either, for some secret reasons.
*Uploading downloads RM2k & 2k3 and chipsets, etc.
*Uploading SRPGM (Sim RPG Maker - Old Tactical Maker)
*Uploaded RPGM95 (RPG Maker 95 - Does not work on Windows XP & above computer models)
*Uploading Chipsets, etc. for RMXP
*Download my toolbar because I like it http://nrgsfuziongaming.myforumtoolbar.com/

If you get an Internet Explorer of Mozilla FireFox etc. error message it will fix itself soon, don't worry, It is still finishing transfering, appearently.

So what do ya' think?

Slyvr
2007-08-01, 06:19 PM
There's not a whole lot to see, but sounds like ur busy with it. I've heard about that sim rpg maker. It's supposed to be like final fantasy tactics or something, right? I've looked around for it, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Atnas
2007-08-11, 07:01 AM
=o I haven't posted in a while. Looking good, GLG.

Slyvr
2007-08-12, 12:02 PM
Glg, your websites lookin better, but I gotta message from my virus scanner thing when I left...might wanna look at that.

Willkillforfood
2007-08-13, 11:03 AM
he's trying to h4x your mainframes!!!

Goodlookinguy
2007-08-14, 11:10 AM
Sorry for my rather late responce I've been working on my site with notepad and haven't uploaded it and also the files are going to change so I will have to update you guys with the new name of the site. One more thing I just got my Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 to start working again after having a "Licensing for this product has stopped working" message for the last forever. I'm so extremly happy to have that and Flash Pro CS3 up and running again. I will have a site running soon I've been creating custom pictures with PhotoShop CS2 and that is it! Oh and the virus thing, I know nothing of this, maybe it is that retarded host I was using but am going to get rid of later this afternoon. DNS Sucks! (When you have advertisements)

Slyvr
2007-08-14, 03:12 PM
Good dealio. Is it "Adobe" Dreamweaver? I have a macromeadia dreamweaver.....are there two?

Lenny
2007-08-14, 03:15 PM
Macromedia used to be an independent company that created programs such as Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash. Their latest release was Suite 8, in about 2004.

In 2004/2005 Macromedia were bought by Adobe and so, now, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash are all Adobe products.

The latest versions of the three programs are in Adobe Creative Suite 3 -- Adobe Dreamweaver CS3, Adobe Fireworks CS3 and Adobe Flash CS3.

Slyvr
2007-08-18, 06:00 PM
Oh...........................................smart ass

Goodlookinguy
2007-08-22, 05:48 PM
Lenny wasn't Macromedia a smaller branch of Adobe's company if I'm not mistaken, so I don't think they took it over.

Lenny
2007-08-23, 06:45 AM
Nope. Completely separate company created by a merger of Authorware Inc. and MacroMind-Paracomp in 1992. Macromedia acquired various smaller companies over the years, building up their software library as they went, and were finally acquired by Adobe on December 3rd 2005, after a stock swap agreement (April 18th 2005) valuing about $3.4billion.

The amusing thing is, Macromedia and Adobe were massive rivals before the acquisition of Macromedia by Adobe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia

Goodlookinguy
2007-10-11, 01:57 AM
I haven't been online because my internet was messed up. So now that I am I'm giving some information.

My Site...
Will be completed and uploaded in approx. 2-5 months, I have a lot of school work that is taking up a lot of my time.

Unwell: Story of the World Not Meant to Be
Errors in code at the moment, learning Ruby Scripting, with newly obtained book.
Due sometime summer 2008, with at least 10-15 hours of gameplay
Still looking for Custom Character Designers
New Logo Created, and finalized

Adobe CS3 licensing was horribly built and I'm displeased.

Game will include fully anamated scenes [Used Adobe Flash Pro CS3]. I have created almost all of the opening and some other scenes. Game will included voices, excited about getting more people to voice act. I'll transfer one of the videos to a animated .gif file [no sound] so that you can see if it's any good. Need Feedback at that point in time.

Have I wasted your time, since you had to read all of this, I give that a deffenent, YES!

Noob101
2007-10-13, 06:17 PM
Voice acting, eh? Are you going to be looking for people to do that? I'm not saying that I want to do it, I've just always wanted to see a game that includes voice acting.

Goodlookinguy
2007-10-19, 04:06 AM
Voice acting, eh? Are you going to be looking for people to do that? I'm not saying that I want to do it, I've just always wanted to see a game that includes voice acting.
Well to answer you I will start off by saying yes, I am looking for voice actors. My brother and I will be doing voices and I'll get some of my friends to do it too. Oh yeah, by the way, I have a RPG Maker 2k3 game that had voice actors, but one of them was awful. I don't know where the file is for the game, but I know there is a character named 'Kune,' but that's it.

Goodlookinguy
2007-11-06, 04:57 PM
Hey there, I need some constructive critisism on my newly revamped site. No it is not ready I have only 6 pages uploaded. I need to see if this is any good at all. I also made a new Logo!
NRG's Fuzion Gaming America (http://www.nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com)
Test the links to see if they all work. I am uploading more tomorrow. Make sure to tell me if you see any odd html structures.
I know you may have seen some of my previous horable sites but this one was done correctly and is still be worked on to make it better.

Slyvr
2007-11-07, 10:10 AM
It's lookin pretty good. I'm guessing you're using some kinda premade template, right?
If you can, I'd change the button tabs. I don't like that the top buttons change around. Makes it a little difficult to navigate. Maybe if, under the gaming department page, you put the links on the actual page instead of in the buttons.
Other than that, Keep making them pages!

Goodlookinguy
2007-11-08, 02:26 PM
It's lookin pretty good. I'm guessing you're using some kinda premade template, right?

Yep, that's right! I was too lazy to go ahead and design my own. But I did customize the logo. I am also going to customize other things when I get around to that point.

If you can, I'd change the button tabs. I don't like that the top buttons change around. Makes it a little difficult to navigate. Maybe if, under the gaming department page, you put the links on the actual page instead of in the buttons.
Other than that, Keep making them pages!

Is that to say the right side of the page should have the pages instead of the top?

Goodlookinguy
2008-01-21, 11:46 PM
I can now start to work on the game again since I dual-booted my vista home premium. I also now have downloads to rpg maker 95 with 95xp which allow you to play RPG Maker on Windows 2000/NT/2k3/XP/Vista. Download here (http://rpgmaker.nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com).

EDIT: Atnas what are you planning on doing with this swf (http://www.paper-hearts.org/Animation/Anime&MangaPresentation.swf) video that is hidden on your site. Plus what is up with the shadow thing? Hmm...Should I be publicizing this?

EDIT2: What in the world is google doing with a weird page called google-tv.svc-1.google.com which just takes you to a regular google search. Click here (http://www.google.com/search?q=allinurl:google+tv+site:google.com&hl=en&safe=off&start=0&sa=N).

Lenny
2008-01-22, 07:53 AM
Well obviously Atnas' flash video is a presentation for an Art class.

---

Good luck with your game!

Atnas
2008-01-22, 06:48 PM
Haha... Yeah... >.>

Somehow I made that presentation last half an hour. I always wind up stretching oral reports out longer than I should. :x

Also the shadow was just a preliminary animation for a project I was going to do, but gave up on because I realized I wouldn't have time to complete it.

Paper-Hearts.org's domain runs out next month I think. I'm trying to think of a new name. I'm actually going to get this new site done. :P I'll probably use a heavily modified blogging system with a sort of bulliten board which can be used soley for art critique.

This is all thanks to a friendly neighborhood php programmer of course. :)

I have a new computer now. It's a desktop, as opposed to my decade old laptop. My laptop has an 8 mb graphics card on it - as opposed to the 64 mb one on the desktop. Unfortunately I do not have a monitor for it so I can't use it. (it's in the mail, stupid california on the other side of the country - no offense, GLG)

Anyway, I'm just saying this because I haven't been able to use any RPGmakers for a while, as this laptop has been on the decline for God knows how long. It was bad two years ago. I think it just might break as soon as I plug my tower in.

Cheers.

Goodlookinguy
2008-01-23, 07:45 PM
I'll getting rid of the first domain and sticking with nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com one. It is eaiser to deal with one place that hosts the website and I can buy the name though them.

[edit]
I've been recently playing a butt-load of MMORPG's and will be doing a gigantic review on the following.

Fiesta Online (Currently Playing lvl 13) *BEST*EASY*
Tales of Pirates (ToP) (Currently Playing lvl 43) *BEST*EASY*
Zu Online (Ended Playing lvl 5) *Good*Medium*
Perfect World (Currently Playing lvl 2) *Alright*hard* download joytokey with game controller for best play
Anarchy Online (Currently Playing) *Alright*hard* same as above
Rappelz (Going to be Playing) Downloading
Archlord (Going to be Playing) Downloading
RF Onlne (Currently not trying) No Message...~~~ x_0

Atnas
2008-01-27, 08:45 AM
Nice. I've been looking for a good MMO now that I can actually play them. (New computer as of a few days ago!!!) I'm looking forward to reading the review. ^_^

Goodlookinguy
2008-01-27, 08:57 AM
I will have a review of those in about a month as of right now I suggest Fiesta Online and Tales of Pirates those two are easy and fun to play.

------
I also am uploading via ftp another show into my website

Atnas if you ever want to have videos on your site playing with DivX quality just ask, I constructed a script which allows me to upload videos .avi and .divX and play them using a slightly altered Stage6 script, he he he.

Atnas
2008-01-27, 09:15 AM
Woah really? That would be great, I was thinking about recording tutorials for things like Graphics apps and such.

>.> I should get my site all ready for launch before I get a new domain.

Goodlookinguy
2008-01-27, 09:21 AM
Woah really? That would be great, I was thinking about recording tutorials for things like Graphics apps and such.

>.> I should get my site all ready for launch before I get a new domain.

This is the script replace the http://anime.../ShaOp.avi file with your own and bam you have a video streaming from your site not Stage6 nor any other place, not to mention it looks beautiful and not crappy like Youtube and equivalent.

<object classid="clsid:67DABFBF-D0AB-41fa-9C46-CC0F21721616" width="800" height="510" codebase="http://go.divx.com/plugin/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab">
<param name="mode" value="full" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="minVersion" value="1.0.0" />
<param name="autoplay" value="false">
<PARAM NAME="src" VALUE="http://anime.nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com/ShaOp.avi">
<PARAM NAME="target" VALUE="myself">
<embed type="video/divx" TARGET="myself" SRC="http://anime.nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com/ShaOp.avi" width="800" height="510" mode="full" loop="false" autoplay="false" minVersion="1.0.0" pluginspage="http://go.divx.com/plugin/download/">
</embed>
</OBJECT>

P.S. I just had acid go into my mouth it really stings bad :cry: serious this really hurts and milk didn't get rid of this pain ouch!

If you want to see it running go http://anime.nrgs-fuzion-gaming-america.com

Atnas
2008-01-27, 09:33 AM
Oh hell, that's grand. Thanks for sharing, man. :)

Goodlookinguy
2008-01-27, 09:39 AM
Oh hell, that's grand. Thanks for sharing, man. :)

Your welcome

-----
4 and 1/2 hours 'til my videos are done uploading, man the're slow 50kb/s instead of 360kb/s when I download.

Upload 50kb/s
Download 360kb/s

WHY!

Lenny
2008-01-27, 05:17 PM
You two should move to another thread not in the RPGMaker forum for just general chatting.

I have to say, though, nice work on the DivX script. I'll have to give it a go sometime. :p

---

Now then, how are people getting along with thir Current Projects?

Goodlookinguy
2008-01-28, 04:36 AM
You two should move to another thread not in the RPGMaker forum for just general chatting.

I have to say, though, nice work on the DivX script. I'll have to give it a go sometime. :p

---

Now then, how are people getting along with thir Current Projects?

I still can't get RMXP to work on vista quite right, so, I don't really know what is going to happen with my project.

--------
Cheese is delicious!

Atnas
2008-01-28, 11:36 AM
I decided recently to just take a bunch of my concept art from my sketchbook and try and use the designs in a game. Whenever I plan a project I try to do something new that has never been done before. It always fails. I'm going to have fun with working on the new project, and just do whatever my heart desires, not trying to stray from cliche. Hey, if it's cliche, it works. :)

I'm probably going to finish in two years if I plan right. I'm not going for anything groundbreaking, rather, something fun! Estimated play time of 6 hours. ;) I always like a short RPG I can beat on a single Sunday.

Not sure of the maker, though. I actually bought RMXP, but VX is pretty... Expensive for me right now (new Desktop). And I'm not for developing a game on an illegal version, I want it to reach a broad audience.

Goodlookinguy
2008-01-29, 04:21 AM
I decided recently to just take a bunch of my concept art from my sketchbook and try and use the designs in a game. Whenever I plan a project I try to do something new that has never been done before. It always fails. I'm going to have fun with working on the new project, and just do whatever my heart desires, not trying to stray from cliche. Hey, if it's cliche, it works. :)

I'm probably going to finish in two years if I plan right. I'm not going for anything groundbreaking, rather, something fun! Estimated play time of 6 hours. ;) I always like a short RPG I can beat on a single Sunday.

Not sure of the maker, though. I actually bought RMXP, but VX is pretty... Expensive for me right now (new Desktop). And I'm not for developing a game on an illegal version, I want it to reach a broad audience.

Now I'm posting a reply
---------

I starting working on something new straying away from Unwell, it is a completly different game, and now that I have a laptop to work on the game anytime, I will diffently have game progress as never seen before. I am going to try to use just the rtp from the game. It will be no longer than half an hour long. Silly and wacky is the way I'm going, it will be done in no longer than a month. Yay! I will finally have a game, done!

Game Name: The Random Adventure Tales
Auther: ME
Music: RTP
Graphics: RTP
Type: Comedy/Drama
Time Expect to be ready: March 1, 2008

Lenny
2008-01-31, 11:16 AM
The Speed Test posts have been split.

I asked once, and it was obviously ignored. So I've split the posts off, and I'm going to ask again:

Keep this thread for talking about Current Projects. If you want to talk about internet speed, or something unrelated to a project you're doing in an RPGMaker, then please take it elsewhere.

If it happens much more then I might get sick of filtering through and moving the posts and instead just trash them, or soft delete them. First warning.

Goodlookinguy
2008-01-31, 12:19 PM
The Speed Test posts have been split.

I asked once, and it was obviously ignored. So I've split the posts off, and I'm going to ask again:

Keep this thread for talking about Current Projects. If you want to talk about internet speed, or something unrelated to a project you're doing in an RPGMaker, then please take it elsewhere.

If it happens much more then I might get sick of filtering through and moving the posts and instead just trash them, or soft delete them. First warning.

Hey, hey, slow down now. Let's all be friends, peace. I did stop posting the internet speeds Wed-G brought it back up.

Wed-G
2008-02-01, 10:12 PM
Hey, hey, slow down now. Let's all be friends, peace. I did stop posting the internet speeds Wed-G brought it back up.

I love how my post was 25 hours after your posts and I only posted once and yet I'm being blamed for "bringing it back up."

Thats nice.

Goodlookinguy
2008-02-02, 12:20 AM
I love how my post was 25 hours after your posts and I only posted once and yet I'm being blamed for "bringing it back up."

Thats nice.

Exactly

Atnas
2008-02-02, 03:56 PM
I started it, so I should be to blame.

Yuck I've been feeling so sick lately I haven't started on the outline for that game. I think I'll have an ABS, though, and get one of my RGSS scripter pals to make the battle system in exchange for art and sprites. :>

Goodlookinguy
2008-02-02, 04:58 PM
I started it, so I should be to blame.

Yuck I've been feeling so sick lately I haven't started on the outline for that game. I think I'll have an ABS, though, and get one of my RGSS scripter pals to make the battle system in exchange for art and sprites. :>

I've been working on my cheep RPG Maker 2k3 game using only the RTP, it will be done soon!

Wed-G
2008-02-03, 11:12 AM
I've been working on my cheep RPG Maker 2k3 game using only the RTP, it will be done soon!
I'm in the middle of coding my cbs/abs. It's a bitch.

I don't use the action key for my attack because it conflicts with activating events and talking to people so I use the shift key.

Coding a "strike" is lengthy because of the coordinate processing and everything else.

For example:

<>Variable Oper: [enemy x] Set, This Event X Coord.
<>Variable Oper: [enemy y] Set, This Event Y Coord.
<>Variable Oper: [enemy x] -, Hero X Coord.
<>Variable Oper: [enemy y] -, Hero Y Coord.
<>Branch if Var [enemy x] is -1
<>Branch if Var [enemy y] is -1
<>Play sound: hit
<>Variable Oper [enemy hp] +, 1
<>Flash Sprite
<>Branch if Var [enemy hep] is 3 or more
<>Flash screen
<>Battle Animation: Enemy Die
<>Wait 0.3
<>Switch Operation [enemy 01] ON
: Else Handler
<>Move Event: Face Away from Hero, Begin Jump, Move Forward
<>
: End
<>
<>Branch if Var [enemy y] is 0
<>Flash Sprite
<>Flash screen
<>Wait 0.3
<>
<>
<>Branch if Var [enemy y] is 1
<>Flash Sprite
<>Flash screen
<>Wait 0.3
<>
<>
<>Branch if Var [enemy x] is 0
<>Flash Sprite
<>Flash screen
<>Wait 0.3
<>
<>
<>Flash Sprite
<>Flash screen
<>Wait 0.3
<>
<>
<>Flash Sprite
<>Flash screen
<>Wait 0.3
<>
<>
<>Branch if Var [enemy x] is 1
<>Flash Sprite
<>Flash screen
<>Wait 0.3
<>
<>
<>Flash Sprite
<>Flash screen
<>Wait 0.3
<>
<>
<>Flash Sprite
<>Flash screen
<>Wait 0.3
<>
<>

Fun, eh?

It seems like just a cut and paste job but it's rather difficult and time consuming to intergrate it with the magic/skill system.

Atnas
2008-02-03, 02:39 PM
Watch out for assigning anything to shift, people may have that as the stickykeys activator.

Wed-G
2008-02-03, 06:09 PM
Watch out for assigning anything to shift, people may have that as the stickykeys activator.

I planned on having some sort of notice.

Goodlookinguy
2008-02-04, 01:52 AM
Sticky Keys!

Wed-G
2008-02-12, 09:41 AM
Sticky Keys!

Got da map fo my game scanned and redone. Gotta fix the text though. I'm at school so I don't have my fonts.

http://h.1asphost.com/nonsensegaming/map.jpg

Atnas
2008-02-12, 10:50 AM
Heh, nice photoshop. Might want to fix up some untidy borders, but I like how each country looks geographically.

Goodlookinguy
2008-02-12, 06:34 PM
Heh, nice photoshop. Might want to fix up some untidy borders, but I like how each country looks geographically.

I agree, that was done very well.

Michael_sama
2008-02-16, 12:13 AM
Update!

Game Name: The Random RTP Adventure Tales
Author: GLG and Michael_sama
Time Expect to be ready: April 1, 2008

March 1st is a bit insane, but his mind was little out. He forgot which month followed this month. All right, time for some truth, the game will be completed. Why? I’m involved, so that is all the reason you need.

I’m not the programmer, but as someone whose mind won’t jump around—I logically constructed a simple game. Well, the outline at least. The story is simple, but hopefully it will be half-hour adventure you will enjoy.

My main jobs will be as the writer, concept designer, and dungeon layout. With my brother and I working together, I do expect this to be completed next month or the month after. This will be the first game my brother and myself will actually complete. He’s really enthusiastic about the project, and so am I since I’ve never completed a game myself. I’ve made a demo, but that’s it. My little brother will post the final project.

Goodlookinguy
2008-02-16, 03:22 AM
Update!

Game Name: The Random RTP Adventure Tales

There are some slightly altered graphics and add ins, but they are all RTP graphics.

We are working really hard and have a chunk of the script written, and a part of the actual game done. Well graphics wise anyways. We will be releasing it soon, because we are determined. And because I am a master of RPG Maker. Oh! One more thing it is being built on RPG Maker VX!

Game Name: Random RTP Adventure
Graphics: RTP/Slightly Altered RTP
Platform: RPG Maker VX

It will be playable by people who don't have RPG Maker VX at all, I think. I will use that compress thing in the game and embed the RTP + Encrypting the game.

EDIT: We are not only now using RTP from VX we are also using the RPG Maker XP RTP including Music etc.!

Atnas
2008-02-17, 01:22 PM
Awesome.

-----------

My friend Dox and I both got to talking about RPG's and decided to make one together by blending our current projects. I'll use your little form.

Game Name: Undecided
Author: Atnas & Dox
Music: Completely Custom MP3 (Dox)
Graphics: Compketely custom 2d (Atnas)
Type: Adventure/Action RPG
Platform: RPG Maker XP
Time Expected to be ready: February, 2010?

I'm assuming it'll take us a couple years and we might sell it.

I was sketching a little today and came up with the main character's face.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii201/temporicide/Art/MCMFS.png

Coriander
2008-02-18, 01:46 PM
I started work on a game about a week ago, im debating on whether or not to have it completely custom graphics and music. If i did that i would need a partner, cause i am just getting started in spriting.. Anyway, here is the game i am currently working on.

Game Title - "The Moons Of Drala"
The moons of Drala is a tale of love, hate, friendship, and enemies. Like all good rpgs lol.

You start out as Zen Fuyu,(Although you can change the name.) a easy, outgoing guy who is usually the first one to crack a joke. He comes from the village of Doru, Small and on the outskirts of the main village of Tesmu. His parents started his training in battle when he was nine years old. His father, Lorisku was a kind man, but did not like being dis-respected. Zen made the mistake of calling him old when he was twelve, and ended up getting smacked across the face with the side of a blade. His mother, Maria wasn't around for long, she passed away shortly after zen turned twelve. She was the loving mother, whenever zen got hurt during his training, she was right there, with a bandage and a kiss. He never had any brother's or sisters, he was an only child. But he didn't mind it much, after all he had his father. But, that wasn't to last either, One night, at the end of autumn, The village of Yoruix attacked Dolu. The townspeople fought against the tide, while the royalty fled. Lorisku picked up his blade and hurried zen out the back door and into the forest of Iuxe. Zen was twelve at the time of the attack, his father thought him too young, he thought himself ready. He hurried out of the forest back towards the town, his small dagger clutched in his hand. He rounded the corner of the mayor's house to find his father engaged in combat with two soldiers. Lorisku swung his blade in a circular motion out towards the neck of the soldier at his right, but in doing so he left his left side unguarded. The soldier swung out, the sword moving in-between Lorisku's rib cage and into his lung. Zen stood and watched, tears rolling down his face as he was struck motionless. Now... Thirteen years later, the village has been rebuilt, family's restored. Zen only passed by the village from time to time, too much heartbreak had occured there for him to bare. The mayor stopped him one day, and asked "Zen, i have a request for you, i need you to go to the town of Drala. There is a tradesmen there by the name of Desux. He is carrying with him a package that i need." Gazing out towards the outskirts of Doru as he pondered, taking a breath he said "Nice to see you to mayor, wonderful to know im your delivery system now." The mayor's teeth gritted as he looked at zen, replying slowly "Listen, i need the package because it contains the money the townspeople made during the harvest. Now please go get it." Sighing Zen tapped his foot and said "Fine, only because it is the townspeople's money. I will be gone for a week at most. Goobye for now mayor." He walked out of the village and stretched, taking a small look back he turned and headed forward, towards the town drala.

Atnas
2008-02-18, 02:20 PM
You won't finish it if everything is custom. Also, no one would want to play it because it would look horrible. That is - only because you're just starting. I've been spriting for quite some time, and even then, I still don't think I'm ready to actually start making the custom graphics for Dox and I's game as of yet. And I'm better than 95% of RM spriters by now.

I like the pemise, however I would suggest a name that isn't... Zen... Also how did Zen spend the 13 years between the raid and present day? Just fix that and if you make it with the RTP style, you'll have no problem.

Send me some sprites you made and I'll look them over for you man. I'd love to help you get better. ;)

Goodlookinguy
2008-02-18, 03:24 PM
My RTP adventure is going to be the best and the easiest to mess with. I have so far created a special class changing system and a special buying system. This game may be using RTP, but that doesn't mean I can't use some special features.

My game will be one of the first RMVX games available! Not to mention I used a few extra scripts in it.

I have been creating my own custom sprites for about a year-and-a-half now. I still make sprites that just look plain odd.

One more thing, I've been creating my Max sprite and it is looking alright so far!

Expect the Random RTP Adventure beta 1, to be ready in about 1-2 months. If you want to play the games beta 1 form, you have to contact me. I will allow some people to preview it (after all I need feedback before its release).

Coriander
2008-02-18, 04:05 PM
All of this stuff that i mentioned will be dictacted through events on the first map, before he gets back to Doru. I have an option for people to pick there name, i just used Zen Fuyu because it means"Just Winter, or Good Winter".

That was just a basis of my story plan, i plan on eventing the scene where his dad dies and all of that. I might just use the character sets i have downloaded, and when im done with a few games (Be a couple years at least) Then i'll start thinking about a custom one, I am working on the hair of my first sprite, it's a pain, But i will send it to you if you want atnas the moment i get the hair done.

Coriander
2008-02-29, 03:16 PM
*Sigh* The moons of drala has failed :(. Why? because of the fact it was all just maps and no story line aside from what i posted, i didn't know how to add anything to it, so i ditched it. And began work on another project.

Game Name : Magical: Sky of Nerox
Graphics : Character sets made from a generator, they look awesome for the battlers im using.
Battle system : DBS with a ATB system
A few other scripts, like ums, bars, and a script which allows two handed weapons and weapons to attack twice.
Estimated Time of Arrival : November - December 2008

Atnas
2008-02-29, 04:42 PM
That sounds like a much better plan. First games should always be simple.

And I think the DBS is an awesome system, by the way.

Coriander
2008-02-29, 09:44 PM
Yeah, i was looking around and decided to use the DBS with an Active time battle system, cause turn based gets old. And i figured that instead of going for a huge project, i would slow it down. Right now i am naming the weapons and armor and stuff, i already have everybody's skill's named and animated, the main characters anyway. I have a few maps done, and i am starting on the story line tomorrow evening.

Atnas
2008-03-01, 12:52 PM
That sounds great. Now you're making me want to scratch that RM itch.

Must... Resist...

Coriander
2008-03-01, 03:32 PM
Hahaha, No don't resist, give in! haha, i have the first five maps created and im working on the story line when im not doing that. I downloaded an icon pack with 1421 icons in it O_O...and i still need to import them... lots of clicking..

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-01, 03:50 PM
If you get RMVX in English, it comes with a premade file. And there are some beautiful stages created with it. Man they are skilled.

Coriander
2008-03-01, 03:54 PM
Haha, yeah i would say they would be pretty amazing, since they have to test it and all of that stuff.

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-01, 05:18 PM
Haha, yeah i would say they would be pretty amazing, since they have to test it and all of that stuff.

I should take some snapshots of the levels, but not right now. I am deep in homework, and am taking a 3-minute brake. Well, I'm off, again.

Coriander
2008-03-03, 09:59 PM
Ok... I figured seeing as of how my game is still early in development, i would take a few screen shots

Ok..it is more then a few...SO BEWARE, IMAGE HEAVY!!!! .... :P

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/Randomshotofmap001unfinished.jpg

Just a random map, will add more to it later.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/Screenshotofskill.jpg

Starting skill that ecvid has.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/Shotofstatus.jpg

Icons, bar's, stats.. And if you're wondering what that gap is between shield and sword. I am using a multi slot script with allows for the person to weird two handed weapons, two weapons, attack twice with one weapon, equip boots, gauntlets etc, basically adds more slots.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/Screenshotoftitle.jpg

Ok...the picture i will be using as a title...the text however...will be changed and edited around so it isn't just a red text in the corner of the title.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/damagescreenshot.jpg

Just a quick shot of damage...Level 1 Ecvid FTW!!!!

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/BattleSystemShot.jpg

Just a quick screeny of the battler type's im using, there are alot of enemies in my game..gonna be about 200..because thats about as many battlers i have for enemies...and one for a party..yes..this is a one person main character game!! wooot!!...

Well..thats every screen shot i have at the moment, scroll down and you will see two more i put up prior to this edit. Well..off to work i go!!

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-04, 01:13 AM
It looks nice. I like that mini character in the left side during battle.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/BattleSystemShot.jpg

Photobucket has an img tag premade. See above ^

Asamin
2008-03-04, 04:20 AM
will this game be playable to people without any rpg maker??

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-04, 05:18 AM
will this game be playable to people without any rpg maker??

As long as he packs the file, it should be playable to people with RMXP.

Coriander
2008-03-04, 12:12 PM
Yeah, i will pack it once i feel satisfied with it for a demo, which will be awhile. So until then here is two more screen shots.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/EcvidsRoom.jpg

Starting room of the game.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/HouseIn.jpg

The house which the starting room is apart of.

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-05, 03:49 AM
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/HouseIn.jpg

I'm looking at this picture, and I wonder. Did you set it up correctly to be able to walk under the top of the room openings (door space).
------------
I found out that my new English Starter KIT will work on the Japanese versions of the game. game.rvproj -Notepad-> RPGVX 1.02 -change to-> RPGVX 1.00

Geez they didn't even try to stop people.

Coriander
2008-03-05, 10:03 AM
yes i did, i am able to walk under it, that top space is on the third layer, but yes i am able to walk underneath it, however if i had extended it out one more square, then i wouldn't have been able to.

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-05, 11:21 AM
yes i did, i am able to walk under it, that top space is on the third layer, but yes i am able to walk underneath it, however if i had extended it out one more square, then i wouldn't have been able to.

Why wouldn't you have been able to walk under it with one more tile. The overpass should be an event with an "always on top" setting.

Coriander
2008-03-05, 01:04 PM
I'm not fantastic with eventing, so i am trying to keep it as simple as i can.

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-05, 01:52 PM
I'm not fantastic with eventing, so i am trying to keep it as simple as i can.

You know, if you need me to. Can I take a look at what you have going and possibly make some changes and show you how to do'em that way your game will be more flexible when doing things.

I had to self-teach myself, and I would have rather someone else had taught me. So I'm giving you the chance. Take it or leave it, I doesn't bother me.

Atnas
2008-03-05, 02:47 PM
You probably don't care much, but your mapping is horrible, Coriander.

Too much open space, there's no reason why your maps shouldn't be realistically arranged. :)

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-05, 03:18 PM
You probably don't care much, but your mapping is horrible, Coriander.

Too much open space, there's no reason why your maps shouldn't be realistically arranged. :)

That's the exact reason I want I want to take a look at the file and work with it.

Coriander
2008-03-05, 04:37 PM
I am fully aware my mapping is shitty. This is my first game...hence why i put everything on there is going to be changed. The maps will be re-arranged and everything else. And if you want to GLG, i will pack the file and send it too you sometime tonight.

Goodlookinguy
2008-03-05, 05:09 PM
I am fully aware my mapping is shitty. This is my first game...hence why i put everything on there is going to be changed. The maps will be re-arranged and everything else. And if you want to GLG, i will pack the file and send it too you sometime tonight.

Yes please. Hmm...Do you know how to work FTP, I will make an area specifically for you. And give you the login for it. That way you don't have to upload it though a third party. I'll send you a program and the login/pass.

For some who are reading this you may think I am giving him my login and password, that is wrong. I am giving him one area of the site so he can upload things.

Atnas
2008-03-05, 05:56 PM
That reminds me I need to buy a new domain name.

Coriander
2008-03-05, 06:12 PM
Yea sure man. Why not. Just gimme about thirty minutes, kinda swamped at the moment.

Wed-G
2008-04-02, 01:56 PM

New version.

Whatcha think?

http://d.1asphost.com/nevermore2ascend/map.jpg

Lenny
2008-04-02, 02:05 PM
Complete with gratuitous blood splatter, too! :p Nice.

How've you done the borders, out of interest? Just a lot of straight lines?

Wed-G
2008-04-02, 06:04 PM
Aye, I got bored redrawing the countries. So they're basically rough edges. Not how I sketched at all.

Lenny
2008-04-03, 09:46 AM
I know a fella on another forum who's put together a couple of tutorials for map-building in Photoshop (it's a SF & F forum, and we all like to make our own maps). He's only got two up (building the map from scratch in PS, and then adding the paper background), but they're good:

http://www.jezelf.co.uk/tutorials.htm

Whilst the building a map from a sketch tutorial isn't yet written, I doubt it'd be hard to follow the steps from the first tutorial, but build it to a general shape, rather than randomly placing the cut out bits together.

The only criticism I have about your map is the jagged lines. Not that they're jagged, but that there are too many of them, and they're very sharp. Personally I think that fewer looks better.

You might want to put in a few rivers, too, and maybe mountains and forests, just to make it look more credible.

EDIT: If you need persuading that the tutorial works, here's one I did in Photoshop using it as a guideline:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/Lenny1882/mapklomar.jpg

Notice the supreme lack of mountains a trees. ;) :p

Wed-G
2008-04-04, 09:45 AM
Excellent tutorial.

Goodlookinguy
2008-04-28, 08:18 AM
I have a new current project.

Due to my site, everything on this Earth has slowed down.

Current Projects :

RMVX - Random RTP Adventure - Condition: On Hold
RMVX - Ruins: Another RTP Filled Adventure - Condition: Low Focus
RMXP - Unwell: SOTWNMTB : BTE - Condition: On Hold Since 2007
Coding - Website - Condition: Main Focus

-==----==----==----==----==----==----==----==----==-

Title : Ruins: Another RTP Filled Adventure
Writer : Goodlookinguy
RPG Maker : RPG Maker VX
Graphics : RTP (Not Modified)
Music : RTP (Not Modified)
Characters : カーリ(Carry) - ヒューゴ(Hugo) - サーリンダ(Sálynda)
Description : Carry is a young Magician with no magical powers at all. So what is he to do? Go off on another fun filled RTP adventure!

Coriander
2008-05-13, 12:13 PM
I am pissed off now..My computer crashed and took a good majority of my shit with it. Including Skype, Yahoo, My RPG Makers, and a good majority of my pictures and other folders. I lost diablo II, Track Mania Nations, and Maple Story. I am now in the process of re-downloading my shit. Including Rpg Maker XP. So what does this mean? MY GAME IS FUCKING GONE IS WHAT IT FUCKING MEANS! Since all my shit has been destroyed by my peice of shit computer I have to start Magical:Sky of Nerox over from scratch..Item Icons, Summons, Spells, Weapons, Characters all that shit and more. This...Sucks..Ass...

Goodlookinguy
2008-05-13, 12:23 PM
I am pissed off now..My computer crashed and took a good majority of my shit with it. Including Skype, Yahoo, My RPG Makers, and a good majority of my pictures and other folders. I lost diablo II, Track Mania Nations, and Maple Story. I am now in the process of re-downloading my shit. Including Rpg Maker XP. So what does this mean? MY GAME IS FUCKING GONE IS WHAT IT FUCKING MEANS! Since all my shit has been destroyed by my peice of shit computer I have to start Magical:Sky of Nerox over from scratch..Item Icons, Summons, Spells, Weapons, Characters all that shit and more. This...Sucks..Ass...

I have the file you uploaded for me still. Do you want me to upload it, even though it's most likely older than the one you had?

Coriander
2008-05-13, 12:25 PM
I don't know dude, I have had writers block for the past few days..and since I was writing it in Wordpad, the document itself is gone, Hence the storyline as well is gone. To be honest, I would say trash it And I will go on with a new storyline and shit...Basically A new project all together. I have a headache now..Great.

Goodlookinguy
2008-05-13, 12:32 PM
I don't know dude, I have had writers block for the past few days..and since I was writing it in Wordpad, the document itself is gone, Hence the storyline as well is gone. To be honest, I would say trash it And I will go on with a new storyline and shit...Basically A new project all together. I have a headache now..Great.

Well, there's one positive, I re-uploaded all of the RPG Makers to my site, and my site just went back to normal after the host had some technical difficulties. Go and download 'em!

Coriander
2008-05-13, 12:34 PM
Finally something good comes out of the day. Now I will go download them and think about a new game title and storyline.

Goodlookinguy
2008-05-13, 12:36 PM
Quite, dos good!
-----------------
What is your new current project going to be called? Have you figured it out yet? Yeah, I know, too early to ask.

Coriander
2008-05-13, 12:39 PM
Demon Diamond is what I'm going to call my game. The storyline is no where near even created..just the title. Now be right back, Trash.

Coriander
2008-05-13, 01:06 PM
Oh yes..I have a good majority of the character sprites left..but..not the battlers.. Here is my main guys character sprite.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/thumb_SP1png.jpg

Goodlookinguy
2008-05-13, 01:09 PM
Nice. So most of the sprites weren't deleted?

Coriander
2008-05-13, 01:10 PM
Yeah, for some odd reason a good majority of them stayed.But not the battlers, I don't get it.

Coriander
2008-05-13, 01:35 PM
That sprite didn't work and here is the first map I've done, Gotta run after this, Cya.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/Firstmap.jpg

Goodlookinguy
2008-05-13, 01:38 PM
That's pretty nice map there, keep it up, alright! You'll have a nice story with the game stages soon!

Coriander
2008-05-13, 06:28 PM
I'm quiet decent with forests and swamps and castles, yet inside houses, castles, and stuff I'm horrible at, too much open space etc. Oh and this will be my new main Character.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/1162.png
Also, Here is another map.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/SecondMap.png
And A villian and his Pet! Figure out which one is the pet and I will include your Username in the game!
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/1661.png
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/1140.png

Draco2003
2008-05-14, 01:01 AM
Is the hooded one the pet?

As far as new games go, I am waiting to get a new hard drive for my laptop before I continue much of anything computer related. I'm stuck on the family computer as of now..... blows big time...

Coriander
2008-05-14, 01:12 AM
I can't say because It will defeat the purpose, I will post the answer tomorrow evening, Everyone who picked right gets put it in the game.

Lenny
2008-05-14, 06:53 AM
In the second map, look at the tree, middle right - the roots are over the log. Same with the tree in the top left.

Also, a few shadows seem to be cut off.

Otherwise, the maps are great. Nice job.

Coriander
2008-05-14, 01:22 PM
The shadows are cut off because the map is bigger, so when I move left it scrolls and reveals the rest of the shadow, Thanks for the tip bout the logs, would have missed it. Oh wait, Now I see where the shadows are cut off at the bottom.

Coriander
2008-05-14, 03:57 PM
Here is an Update, These are Two battlers, Another map, A battle, A windowskin, and My Deap People graphics.
Main Guy - Drix
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/CopyofDenter_battler.png
Dead People
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/deadpeople.png
Second Character - Queens Guard
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/1.png
Windowskin
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/Windowskin.jpg
Battle
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/Battle.jpg
Map
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/zenfuyu/ThirdMap.jpg

Wolfturn
2008-06-11, 10:50 AM
I'm starting a new game, not sure what the name is going to be, but its about these "7 weapons of the titans" that were made by the strongest god in the whole world. then he sent down gods and goddesses to earth to protect them. (this is before humans where on earth) then all of a sudden they all disapear (the gods and goddesses) and then the weapons are lost forever. but now basicly the same thing that killed the gods is going to kill humanity so the only way to kill w/e is killing humanity is to make a character and get the weapon of titan (according to your class, get the one the corresponds to it) I'm now JUST starting, but if someone wants to help me out with spriting and mapping i would REALLY appreciate it. its a lot of work and i'm kinda stumped just writing out the plans. if you do for some reason want to help me. then PLEASE pm or e-mail me. Preferable e-mail at wolfturn@hotmail.com

Noob101
2008-06-11, 06:25 PM
Is the bottom, white haired guy the pet?

Coriander
2008-06-11, 07:00 PM
woah, way to be late! But your correct! So I will add you to the project anyway..You'll be a merchant.

Noob101
2008-06-11, 07:06 PM
Boha! If my name is not gamer friendly (or not "in character" for your game), you can just call me Steve(n).

Michael_sama
2008-06-15, 06:32 PM
There are some slightly altered graphics and add ins, but they are all RTP graphics.

We are working really hard and have a chunk of the script written, and a part of the actual game done. Well graphics wise anyways. We will be releasing it soon, because we are determined. And because I am a master of RPG Maker. Oh! One more thing it is being built on RPG Maker VX!

Game Name: Random RTP Adventure
Graphics: RTP/Slightly Altered RTP
Platform: RPG Maker VX

It will be playable by people who don't have RPG Maker VX at all, I think. I will use that compress thing in the game and embed the RTP + Encrypting the game.

EDIT: We are not only now using RTP from VX we are also using the RPG Maker XP RTP including Music etc.!

Hey, I bet everyone, meaning the few who check this, is wondering what happened to the RTP game I was helping make. It was supposed to be available April. Well, I’m finishing up all the text today. No more issues! I want to complete the darn thing. I’m nearing the end of the game stuff, so I have faith this time in the completion.

I expect a demo maybe by the end of the month if not the entire game. Of course it will be hosted from www.nrgsrpg.com. You must be a member to obtain the demo. No more flyby downloads anymore.

Coriander
2008-06-23, 02:54 PM
Ok, How many of ya'll have read Christopher Paolini's Book Eragon? Well, I have, It is such an amazing book, you should consider reading it. But, How many of ya'll seen the movie and played the game after reading the book? You were shocked at how bad they butchered it I bet, I know I was. Well, I am now making an Eragon Game on RPGXP. It will have an ABS, CMS, Multi Equipment, (Those who read eldest will know why.) And a few other things. The Main Character sprites will be custom made by me. As well as the weapon and other icons. I will also be using some re-colored tile sets and etc. More on this later.

Skurai
2008-06-24, 12:15 PM
The Game I am working on is called "Corruption: and the Heros' son"
It's pretty basic, not many sprites added or removed untile twards the end.

Once I'm done with that, I'll work on "Phoenix Child"(Currently the only name I can come up with), which should involve alot more edited and added things.

I once tried to make Phoenix child on RPG maker II for PS2, but I couldn't figure out how events worked.