PDA

View Full Version : Jen

JRwakebord
2006-08-25, 11:35 AM
So as a couple of you know, I've been seeing this girl Jen for a little while now. Unfortunatly, things haven't been eactly fairy-tale perfect (Are they ever?). Things were great, right up until the time her ex told her he wanted to get back together. Now she feels like she has to choose, and she doesnt like it. I'm fully aware that I'm fighting a losing battle here, but I absolutely refuse to give up. I cant. She means too much to me for that.

So basically, the other day I took the time to write out for her how I feel. She has a pretty good idea of it, I just felt like I needed to make sure everything was out there in the open. This is what came out:

"Jen, I don't think I'll ever be able to explain to you what you mean to me. As articulate as I may try to be, words cannot even begin to descrive the depth of my feelings for you. Your kindness, ability to make me smile, and apparent feelings for me have made the time we have spent together an indescribable joy. I treasure every smile, every touch, every laugh, every hug, and every kiss we have shared so far in our time together. I cannot remember the last time I was so happy and content. Just hearing your laugh, seeing your smile, or getting lost in those beautiful blue eyes of yours is enough to make me the happiest guy on the face of the Earth. I love you so much, and I can't wait to see you again, hug you again, and smile again. When I'm with you, everything is right in the world. A simple squeeze of your hand banishes all my worries, my anxieties, and my stresses. I never want to let go of your hand, and I hope you never let go of my heart. I love you Teddy Bear."

So that's basically what it comes down to. I'm in love with her, and she has to pick: me or her ex who she apparently still has feelings for. I know the odds are against me, but I'm in too deep to care.

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Willkillforfood
2006-08-25, 11:41 AM
Lol, so her ex is like, "Hey, Im done fucking around, let's hook back up!" and she has you and she has a hard decision? Dunno bud, you deserve better methinks =o.

Lenny
2006-08-25, 11:46 AM
Before everyone else says it, and speaking from experience of posting these things, "you shouldn't say 'I Love You'".

Well, that's not my thought. If you haven't told her that already, then go for it. Carpe Diem - do you want to live to regret things you didn't do, think of things that could've been, or do you want to get out there and do it?

Good luck with it all, mate.

talentedhamster
2006-08-25, 11:47 AM
First off, I'm just curious as to why you guys feel the need to post your girl problems on here.

But really, no one can help you. She thinks she has to make a desision and if she keeps thinking that, she will. Perhaps tell her that she doesn't have to, or just ask her why she broke up with him in the first place. That will put things a little in your favor. Cause really, it shouldnt be a competition. Because no matter what she picks, weather its with you or not, shes not gonna be completely happy.

Willkillforfood
2006-08-25, 11:52 AM
He feels a need to vent? Just wants some perspectives besides his own? And also, are you sure Jen dumped her ex? I guess he may have told you elsewhere but he doesn't mention it here.

JRwakebord
2006-08-25, 09:47 PM
He broke up with her, so it may be the "forbidden fruit" complex that's making this harder for her. And yah, sometimes just venting and typing out what I'm thinking helps. And as for Lenny, I had already told her I loved her.

Medieval Bob
2006-08-26, 07:25 AM
A one eyed man sees only flat landscape. It takes another point of view to get perspective. And, yes, venting is great.

If you haven't given her that letter yet, I've got a couple of reccomendations. You say you're happy and content. Take out content. Content is a buzz word with a negative connotation. I know you mean it well, but content can mean, "I'm happy where I am, and I don't want to look for anything better." And despite your actual intentions and meaning of it, it can (and probably will) be interpreted wrong. Additionally, on the lines of the "I love you" line, if the two of you are there already, then great. If not, then I would reccomend telling her for the first time instead of writing it to her. I just don't think you'd get the same impact if you wrote it down.

As for the rest of it... After telling her how you feel, I wouldn't reccomend treating it like a competition. I just don't think it's healthy. It sucks that she's considering getting back with an ex while she's with you. I've been there, and I just tried to be understanding, and it passed in my case. Maybe I was lucky. *shrug* I just don't think that you should try to one up the guy. If they have a long history, or if she didn't want their relationship to end when it ended, then you may subconsiously make her mad in the process.

Other than that... good luck.

Thanatos
2006-08-26, 09:00 AM
First off, I'm just curious as to why you guys feel the need to post your girl problems on here.

Because this is Life Discussion, motherfucker. And because we can.

So..... get over it? kk THX.

JRwakebord
2006-08-26, 01:20 PM
Additionally, on the lines of the "I love you" line, if the two of you are there already, then great. If not, then I would reccomend telling her for the first time instead of writing it to her. I just don't think you'd get the same impact if you wrote it down.

She already knows that I do, I've already told her.

As for the rest of it... After telling her how you feel, I wouldn't reccomend treating it like a competition. Other than that... good luck.

I'm trying not to. I don't bring him up in conversation, and if he ever does come up, I don't put him down or insult him or try to make myself seem better. I look at that as kind of low, and try to think of myself as more mature than that.

And thanks for the luck.

Willkillforfood
2006-08-26, 01:32 PM
He dumped her and she's thinking of dumping you to get back with him. That's just bullshit. You're a better man than me. I'd have probably made the decision easy for her after I told her to piss off =O.

Grav
2006-08-27, 03:38 PM
Stick it in her pooper.

Willkillforfood
2006-08-27, 04:54 PM
Yea, or I would have stuck it in her pooper.

gruesomeBODY
2006-08-27, 06:44 PM
Jen is a cool girl that deserves a great man. Jake is that guy. When i visit them, they seem right for each other. Its actually funny getting drunk calls from the two of them and i hear in both thier voices that they are happy. This situation with her ex sucks ass because (and even if Jake wont say it) he probably cheated on her while they were together, then dumped her so he could get ass all summer from another person. Then, when he realized he wouldnt get any from anybody first night back at school, he decides to find the girl that might still have feelings and say some cheezy line to get her back. This guy sounds like a fruit, and should probably be kicked int he balls.

Jake, u know i have your back, so call me when you decide to kick the shit out of this guy. I would be glad to bring up my five iron and beat the shit out of him. And yes, i am totally not the mature one. For the record, probably the smallest dick i have ever heard about. Fucken EX's.

JRwakebord
2006-08-27, 08:54 PM
Bobby that's nice to hear. Thanks bro.

My analysis of the situation is pretty similar to Bobby's, and for that reason I hate this guy. He doesn't care for her like I do, and won't treat her as well as I will. For the moment though, I have to let her make her own decision and watch her get hurt. I'll be there to put her back together after this goes sour. It's gonna fucking SUCK to go through all of this, but to me, she's more than worth it.

Nickelback had it right in "Far Away": I'd give anything but I won't give up, and I would go through hell to hold her hand. She means the world to me, and I'm just gonna have to put my happiness on hold while she sorts her shit out and makes her mistakes. In the end, I'll always bee there for her.

gruesomeBODY
2006-08-28, 03:26 PM
and ill be there to kick the fuck out of him

Thanatos
2006-08-28, 03:34 PM
So, has she dumped you for him? Or are you two still together?

Grav
2006-08-28, 04:25 PM
This situation seems a bit fishy. There's not much I can say by this point since you appear to have made up your mind, but don't put yourself through hell for someone elses problem when it shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

Willkillforfood
2006-08-28, 04:44 PM
If she dumped you she isn't worth the trouble. She better give you head for 1 decade to make up for it if you take her back x_X.

gruesomeBODY
2006-08-28, 05:44 PM
i believe that they have shook on that

Willkillforfood
2006-08-28, 09:51 PM
Pinky promise maybe.