PDA

View Full Version : Why I want to help people.

DaFrigginDoctah
2006-08-20, 11:46 AM
Well, firstly, last night me and my friend Angela were going to a club (The Bubble Lounge) in San Francisco, which is a 45 minute drive from my house, to meet up with a large group of my friends for one of them is moving to France next week so it was her going away party. On our way to the club, after nearly getting hit by a MUNI Bus, a taxi cab, running a red light unknowingly until it was too late, getting flipped the bird and honked at for no reason at all other than some asshole having a bad day, and getting lost for 20 minutes I was in a pretty upset mood and just wanted to get to the club and have a couple drinks, and say bon voyage to my friend Deanna.
Finally after gathering our bearings and figuring out how the hell to get there (we took the wrong exit on mistake -- they're re-doing the entire freeway so we got a little disorientated) I was driving through China Town to get to Montgomery St, and see a pickup truck hit an old Chinese lady, from impact the old lady flew back maybe 6-8 feet. Seeing this, and knowing that I am going through medical training at the moment I stop to see if there is anything I can advise (I didn't want to perform any procedures however since I dont have my liscense yet, but I wanted to make sure she was alright).
She looked to have a compound fracture, you could nearly see the bone protruding from the gashing skin wound on her right knee but she was a stubborn old lady, she kept trying to walk on it and go home and spoke no English so I grabbed a Chinese guy and had him translate to have her stay put until the Paramedics arrived, she finally listened after a minute of arguing.
Meanwhile, the two "gentlemen" that hit her started driving off so on instinct I ran into the street, memorized their vehicle and liscense plate number as well as their physical description (after they hit her they moved her to the sidewalk -- probably just to get her out of the way so they could drive off), and waited a minute with the old lady for the cops to arrive, gave them all the information I had and took off. The lady was alright, the Paramedics on the scene obviously knew their stuff, and in no time had her in the back of the ambulance to receive more extensive care and examination.

The cop said he wanted to see me out there in SF doing things like that every day, which was a huge compliment to me because SF is my dream department.
Doing all this kind of made me want to be a cop, so I could force assholes like that to justice... But it also set in stone what I really wanted to do, I was already training to be a Firefighter Paramedic. Now I am positive it's what I want to do and I have never been as positive about anything before in my life.

Sum Yung Guy
2006-08-20, 12:19 PM
Join the army as a combat medic. ;) The medics out here see crazy shit everyday.

DaFrigginDoctah
2006-08-20, 12:44 PM
Umm... No thanks. I dont really like supporting war efforts.

Sum Yung Guy
2006-08-20, 02:51 PM
Where you been? The war is over. Its just a rude to go there fuck there shit and not clean up the mess when where done. So where cleaning the mess now. Plus as a combat medic down there not only do they treat US Soldiers but also insurgents that get injured and captured in fights.

Willkillforfood
2006-08-20, 03:49 PM
So they can kill again another day!

MightyJoe
2006-08-20, 07:20 PM
Sounds like you know what you want to do, gl with it.

HandOfHeaven
2006-08-20, 11:08 PM
That's awesome that you know what you want to do. I like helping people, too. It's just in my nature to do so, but you have something above and beyond a lot of the world today. I am really impressed, DFD. No lie. (After writing that I am remembering that I am 17 and talking to you on an internet forum, but I am really impressed because our world has gone to shit)

Kaneda
2006-08-21, 09:05 AM
Where you been? The war is over. Its just a rude to go there fuck there shit and not clean up the mess when where done. So where cleaning the mess now. Plus as a combat medic down there not only do they treat US Soldiers but also insurgents that get injured and captured in fights.
We've been in America. Alot of the democrats (and other anti-bush/war people) talk as if the war is still going on. Soldiers are still dying. Lalala.

Willkillforfood
2006-08-21, 11:03 AM
'Major' combat operations have been declared over but troops are in as much danger as they were before Bush's "A-OKAY!" from the aircraft carrier if not more x_X.

The traditional war is over but the war to win the hearts and minds of the people is still being fought and will be for long to come x_X.

Glad to see you've found something that you enjoy doing, DFD.

Jessifer
2006-08-21, 12:32 PM
Very admirable. I'm also impressed. It's a great feeling to know that you made a difference in someone's life.

Willkillforfood
2006-08-22, 08:29 AM
Jess is doing something she loves now too. She's making everyones' lives better too.

Medieval Bob
2006-08-22, 09:16 AM
Woot DFD. I wouldn't be able to do it, because I hate people. Not all people... just the majority of them.

But that's cool that you're set in what you want to do.

Jessifer
2006-08-22, 09:39 AM
I volunteer with underprivileged children. That's what I was referring to. Oi.