PDA

View Full Version : Net Neutrality is dead

Rurouni Storm
2006-06-09, 06:48 PM
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6081882.html

Yet another great move by an administration known for fuckups and blunders. Say goodbye to the internet as we know it thanks to their greed.

Atnas
2006-06-09, 07:51 PM
Fuck.

Lenny
2006-06-10, 05:33 AM
What the fuck are your government playing at?!

Willkillforfood
2006-06-10, 07:37 AM
Although it's the government of the country I live in I wouldn't really call it "my" government. Republicans are about to lose a good piece of their authority though hopefully with some elections coming up. Video game companies would get more heat from democrats being in power but at least this shit won't happen hopefully.

Chruser
2006-06-10, 01:39 PM
So much for democracy. Who do I pay so we don't lose our visitors?

Willkillforfood
2006-06-10, 03:54 PM
me in small untraceable bills.

JRwakebord
2006-06-10, 10:29 PM
The GOP, obviously.

Rurouni Storm
2006-06-11, 05:37 AM
Although it's the government of the country I live in I wouldn't really call it "my" government. Republicans are about to lose a good piece of their authority though hopefully with some elections coming up. Video game companies would get more heat from democrats being in power but at least this shit won't happen hopefully.
Unfortunately I don't see that happening if Hillary Clinton runs for the Dems. There's too many Americans that are still stuck in the 1800s when it comes to thinking.

Willkillforfood
2006-06-11, 04:20 PM
Well, there's the legislative branch :d. House of reps and some senate seats are up for grabs.

~JESUS~
2006-06-14, 09:19 AM
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6081882.html

Yet another great move by an administration known for fuckups and blunders. Say goodbye to the internet as we know it thanks to their greed.

" While the debate over Net neutrality started over whether broadband providers could block certain Web sites, it has moved on to whether they should be permitted to create a "fast lane" that could be reserved for video or other specialized content.

Prohibiting that is "not a road we want to go down, but that's what the Markey amendment would do," said Rep. Marsha Blackburn, a Tennessee Republican. "The next thing is going to be having a secretary of Internet Access (in the federal government)."

:mad:
first the money supply now this.

Well, get all the info you can from sites now, because the next 10 years its gonna get ugly...

you had to have seen it coming though...I guess way down deep I knew it but I just didnt want to believe. The internet is the LAST speck of truth and freedom of information that we as human beings have thats not dictated and controlled.

Unbelievable.:(