PDA

View Full Version : what i hate about GW

Kazilla
2006-03-02, 09:31 PM
P V FUCKING P

you cant do it. if you havent been pvp since b4 iway then you are screwed. no good groups want a R1. and no good guilds are recruiting new members. all you see in HA is R3/6++ IWAY LF ORders and 1Taint. so they 12832981734 of us that are below rank 3 are done. and end up joining a random stupid IWAY that doesnt even know what a spirit is. The pvp on this game is very nice but the people have mutilated it into the strong get stronger, the weak get weaker. I guess thats what happens when alot of the decision is left in the hands of "the people".

according to rich get richer, poor get poorer

!King_Amazon!
2006-03-02, 09:50 PM
I hated how you cant walk over the tiniest rock, and you cant fall off of a hill or anything, you have to walk around EVERYTHING.

Grav
2006-03-03, 05:27 AM
I'm waiting for H-K to say "instances ruin the game"

!King_Amazon!
2006-03-03, 10:05 AM
I can't even remember if you can jump in the game, but if you can, it serves no purpose, because you can't jump over anything.

Hades-Knight
2006-03-03, 10:13 PM
Instances ruin the game =/

Rurouni Storm
2006-03-07, 11:10 AM
They're better than the organised gangrapes of WoW, though.

Lenny
2006-03-07, 11:16 AM
Yay! Another GW fan. :D

Kazilla
2006-03-11, 02:50 PM
i do like the GW pvp type but hate how it has turned out. i agree with H-K and KA about not being able to jump and or the instances that ruin alot. i mean how cool would it be to walk out and see your friend then having to wait in a town for them?

Sum Yung Guy
2006-03-11, 02:55 PM
I think it should be a mixture of instances and freeroaming. Such as, if the developers carefully designed a large zone that allowed 50+ people in it with each group able to pvp the other groups that would be cool. But have those place sparingly around the world. After a month or soo if they are really popular the devs will had more and more. Of course most of the game will have to remain instanced for balance reasons.

Kazilla
2006-03-13, 04:09 PM
i dont really see that reason, i mean missions sure close that off to a group only but, you dont really need to kill monsters to level up. and anet has been working there asses off to ban all farming. so i mean why not?

Sum Yung Guy
2006-03-13, 04:56 PM
Oh I got it!

Ok you know how each city has a 'Districts' list that you can change to the different disricts with, and one of the choices is 'International'... well make another choice called 'Free For All' or something similar, and when you enter that city in the FFA zone, and then leavee the city, you enter the outside city zone with all the other people walking around in it too and free for all pvp

Kazilla
2006-03-13, 06:06 PM
that is fucking brilliant that should definetly be pshed hard to the anet peeps

Sum Yung Guy
2006-03-13, 06:32 PM
Of course, the biggest problem would be people camping and ganking the exits of the citys. Maybe make an option when you leave the city, that you and your group is invisible for one minute and you cannot attack other players in that time period either that way you can get away from the exit.

Or bring up a list of different spots in the zone you are about to enter to spawn at...

Anyone else got some thoughts to add to this idea? If we got it worked out enough and made it sound really professional and thoughful I will sumbit it to A-Net.

(A-Net is really big on player feedback, so it wont go unread)

Lenny
2006-03-14, 09:57 AM
No spots that you can pick. People would still camp at spawn spots.

The best way would be a list of spots, one of which is randomly picked. That way, no-one really knows where you're going to end up (if tere are enough, then people won't make the link that you can appear in the same spot more than once until a significant time) and so can't camp at the spawn sites.

Of course, the new Observe mode would be used, so you can observe the areas that are free-for-all.

Another thought...you know how the different arenas in the main cities are for certain levels? Ascalon <10, Yak's <15 etc? Same with FFA zones. Make it more balanced/fair - you don't get groups of lvl20's ganging up on easy kills like lvl10's.

Sum Yung Guy
2006-03-14, 10:02 AM
Or make it so you can't enter a Free For All zone unless you meet the Lvl restrictions for that zone.

Lenny
2006-03-14, 10:12 AM
Exactly. :)

But we still need the monsters. PvEvP type thing.

Random looting? Like when you're farming, gold and weapons are dropped, why not have the one you kill drop something?

Kazilla
2006-04-16, 05:13 PM
even with the random spawn spots you would get some lowclass horrible guild that couldnt make it in gvg that would split up and hold each spawn spot till some unknowing warrior pops up and gets ganked. you could maybe have a toggle placed somewhere, like on diablo 1 you had a friendly and unfriendly toggle 1 you could attack other players and one you couldnt. but to stop abuse of this like you can toggle this action within 1min of attacking. so you toggle it run out and wait till the lowclass gankers gets tired of waiting toggle down then go hunt him.

**the other thread expired**

Grav
2006-04-16, 06:12 PM
There you go.

Sovereign
2006-04-16, 06:56 PM
I now use WoW as a chatroom and to gank people. It's probably what I would be doing with Guild Wars as well.

Hades-Knight
2006-04-16, 11:45 PM
I now use WoW as a chatroom and to gank people. It's probably what I would be doing with Guild Wars as well.

u cant gank people in gw......u can only fight in pvp arenas...which is gay

pr0xy
2006-04-27, 08:21 AM
I'd play GW... If it was UO2