PDA

View Full Version : Update.

slaynish
2006-02-22, 08:54 PM
Nope. No girls this time;)

i'm fairing quite well.

I plan on being serious, i am an athlete and theres nothing to joke about in here.

anyways

Okay heres how it goes in school:

I am running track and doing field events, heres my stats...

Weight: 242 lbs
Height : 6 ft and 1/4th inch

Pullups: 1
Sit-Ups per Minute: 55-65 depending on rest
Mile Run: 8 minutes 46 seconds
50 meter run: 7 seconds, 42 miliseconds
100 meter run: around 13 seconds
Bench Press: 175 lbs
Lat Pulldowns: 240 lbs
Bicep Curl: 85 lbs(with the bar not seperate id be crazy huge)
Leg Press: almost the whole machine which is 395 or so, but about 355 or something is what I do
Tricep Extention weight(combined arms): 65 lbs is what I train on

This is just showing you why Im not on zel that often anymore. Between getting off my ass finally and getting into shape which im so proud of finally doing, I've been selling DII items to a few people, and playing WCII when i have very free time. I'm not trying to boast, im still pretty fat, but i've grown a lot and i'm a lot stronger than a lot of people in my grade(i'm 13, birthday is march 10th, im in 8th grade)

If you ran track in 8th-12th grade tell me what events you did. Im planning on doing 100 meter and/or 200 meter, 400 meter if i get faster and i guess if i really train and they need me i could do 800 meter but i wouldnt be happy. Also shot put. Based off how you are in highschool/were in highschool, tell me how the competition and how well I will do against my events.

Thanks! Remember, just keep this straight, i dont need people bustin on me about how fat I am lol. People at school say I'm not really fat because i dont have really big chest-flab or that much stomach flab anymore, its just still there and im really big for my age. Anyways though im not here to boast or preach or lie im just trying to get my head straight before i make a fool out of myself.

Thanks!

Best Regards;
Nick

Hades-Knight
2006-02-22, 10:29 PM
Be a man and join the Wrestling team...

Grav
2006-02-22, 10:30 PM
You mean be a fag?

sciencekid
2006-02-22, 11:04 PM
........ man im jealous. im too weak to even come close to any of that... :( the only thing i come close to is your weight and height. im ~220 and im ~6 foot 2 inches. how many pushups can you do normal style before you keel over? ill bet you got me beat there too. i've got really loose collegen(on top of arthritis lol) so the best i can do is 2 before i start shaking lol

!King_Amazon!
2006-02-23, 06:28 AM
You mean be a fag?

Truth.

gruesomeBODY
2006-02-23, 12:30 PM
If you can do all the running events, you should do the triple jump. A person of your height could def be useful in that.
Im glad to see that you finally wanted to start losing some weight and your just not sitting on your ass anymore. I know way to many people who just sit around and talk about getting skinny, but do nothing about it. Just keep at it and keep posting. If you need help, let me know cause i work out everyday and have some exercises if you want advice. Good luck with it.

slaynish
2006-02-23, 05:48 PM
Yeah man anything is helpful. Today on the track me and some friends raced and i beat 3/4 of them, but the akward thing is that the friends i raced all got 7 minutes or under on the mile run. The one that i tied with(the one i didnt beat) got 6:00 flat(one of the really fast kids)

Im horrible at long jumping. Last time I did the high jump though i was beastly at it. That is definitly a black mans sport though.

Anyways, yeah lately ive been working my triceps more than normal so i think i can get just as many diamond pushups as i can regular pushups but im not big on those becuase they suck anyways. I read somewhere that at my age I'm supposed to be able to do 25 at the least, and i'll test that when I'm completly rested at one point.

Anyways, im glad to be getting into shape because its really paying off. I cant believe how much my agility and consisticy is improving. Thanks for not being douches and saying "hey fatass" like i half expected you to. BTW, and upper body excersizes would be helpful, i've got the most ones down, and i've yet to do the forearm excersize with the rope and weight where you pull it up, I havnt found the time to construct something like that. I'm trying to build up shoulder strength though, so any help is accepted to me. Thanks guys

Slay

sue_13
2006-02-23, 10:30 PM
I ran track and cross both in high school.

Track: I long jumped around 17 1/2 feet which definitely didn't win any big meets but would have gotten me plenty of 2nd and 3rds at smaller meets had I not broken my pelvis. Anyway, I ran the mile and 800 in track as well. Mile time was around 5:45 which once again didn't win anything big but got 2nds 3rds and 4ths at 3 or 4 team meets. I don't even remember my 800 time. That wasn't really my event.

Cross: My best 3.1 mile time was on a super hilly course and I ran a 19:30 which is messed up because hilly coursed drain you much faster. My average time was around 20 minutes.

My advice if you run a 13 flat the 100 isn't a terrible option for small meets. It won't win most of the time but you never know when you could snag some points for your team. That is if your team isn't loaded with sprinters already. About the throwing, that is all about form. I've seen small guys throw a disc a long way. However, when it comes to shot, if you are a big guy you have an advantage. I'd look into that. Don't get discouraged with shot either, it's tough to pick up.

Another piece of advice, vary your workout and hit all areas of your body. Your chest is important for throwing if you pursue that so make sure to hit that up a couple times a week. Also, I don't see any weight for squats listed here. Start doing squats, they are great for lower body. You should look into doing some workouts with rubber bands as well. I always did one where I put two large rubber bands under my feet and up around my shoulders and crossed them so they were really tight and made my legs want to bend. Then, I would bend and jump as many times and as fast as I could. It's exhausting but it develops explosiveness and that never hurts no matter what you are doing.

sciencekid
2006-02-24, 12:18 AM
how did you break your pelvis? that's the first time i've ever heard someone under 80 years old doing that! no offence meant tho.

slaynish
2006-02-24, 04:41 PM
Well, the thing with squats is, some flexability problems.

I am usually very flexable, but its just too painful sometimes to squat. SO when i work on my legs I do a shitload of leg press and leg curl and on the legpress machine i do a shitload of calf-jumps.

Explain that explosive thing a little more that could come in handy.

Im not quite sure I understand.

Thanks though. BTW, i think i ran a 100 (in sweat pants) in like 14 seconds. I can get it down to 12.5 if i have to.

Also

I'm experiencing a pain. Its not really in the groin area

It's where the pelvis is, hurts more on my right than the left. On the Pelvis.

IDK if its from running a lot or what.

Tell me if thats supposed to happen. I dont want to like have a hernia or something.

Willkillforfood
2006-02-25, 12:19 AM
Squats are my least favorite exercise. Curls ftw! Most I've curled is like 115

slaynish
2006-02-26, 07:16 PM
okay so most definitly, the pain was just sore from running a hell of a lot.

oh well

Willkillforfood
2006-02-26, 07:24 PM
You were on your period.

slaynish
2006-02-26, 07:58 PM
lmao prob

track starts tomorrow ^_^

excited / nervous

wonder if im gona beat a lot of people

i know i will but.. im still nervous

Willkillforfood
2006-02-26, 08:12 PM
Put steroids in their water bottles and demand that they be tested after the race if you lose :o.

gruesomeBODY
2006-02-26, 08:23 PM
If you dont do squats correctly, u can really fuck up your body, especially your lower back. Im not a big fan of them, if u already didnt know, but i love doing leg workouts. Still, doing heavy weight is only going to put on more pounds. Do more reps of lighter weight to tone first, then when you are comfortable where your at, start increasing weights and decrease reps. The main goal though is to lose belly fat, which is not the easiest thing. The cardio wil be good, but doing ab and lower back work is very important as well. A leaner mid section will not only be good for running, but for your overall health as well.

Ganga
2006-02-27, 07:29 PM
"Height : 6 ft and 1/4th inch"

WTF?

slaynish
2006-02-27, 07:37 PM
yeah, its on my physical

here in America we used standard unit of measurement. IDK if u knew that

!King_Amazon!
2006-02-27, 10:09 PM
I think the WTF is because you're taller than every asian on the face of the earth.

Hades-Knight
2006-02-27, 10:18 PM
Hey slaynish whats ur bf%?

slaynish
2006-02-28, 05:36 PM
as in my body fat %?

no idea

my friend (who i think and im pretty sure is fatter than me) got 21% or something.. so i think im probably around 18% (i lift lots more and apparnetly he weighs only a little less but it takes him like 12 minutes to run a mile)

I havnt ever gotten that checked, and its something i want to stay away from till i lose some fat.

sue_13
2006-03-01, 02:57 PM
I broke my pelvis long jumping actually. It was a complete shock to me. I had a similar pain to what Slaynish was talking about having (so be careful man). It almost felt like a severe groin pull but it was too high, it was almost in the center of my leg at the hip. Anyway, the pain started right after my 3rd jump at the first invitation meet of the year. If you guys don't know anything about long jumping, it actually does require a lot of flexibility and strain on your lower body on the landings even if it is into a sand pit. You have to stretch your legs as far out in front of you as possible as you land to get ever extra inch and you have to make sure you don't fall backwards or put a hand down because they count the shortest point of contact with the sand. You can't even walk out of the sand pit backwards or they count your steps as points of entry. So anyway, I was jumping at this first invite and it was freezing, probably like 40 degrees. When I arrived I did the team stretches and everything and ran a bit to loosen up, and then I found out that the pit wasn't going to be "open pit" as it usually was (That means you get three jumps you can take anytime before the deadline which is usually like 2 hours later so you have some time). I was one of the last people to jump on the schedule. So i made the mistake of sitting down for awhile and not staying loose. I went and jumped and the pain started. That's why I automatically assumed pulled groin. They year went on and after about 3 meets of jumping with the pain, I couldn't even practice or do any running warming up, the pain just kept getting worse. Basically, I only actually jumped at the meets and it was killer. Our trainer told me that I should just stop completely until the pain was gone and before I screwed something up. I told her I would after one more meet because it was a dual with our rival school. I told her I'd only jump once as long as I didn't foul and it was decent. So the day of the meet comes, I actually feel really good. I was actually able to jog a lap before I jumped and there was very little pain. I thought maybe it was gone. So yeah, it was open pit so I was one of the first people to jump since I was feeling good and was already loose. Took off down the runway and as soon as I jumped (proper form is to jump off of one leg and throw your other leg upward and almost go through a bike pedaling motion in mid-air) this horrible popping sound that sounded like heels clicking came out of my hip. I manage to crawl out of the sand and the people around the pit were all screaming and stuff because they heard it but my friends from a distance were laughing hysterically because I was like army crawling through the sand. They didn't know anything was wrong. Ambulance came and took me to the hospital and I had a ton of X-rays done which were agonizing btw because they kept rolling me onto my side and what happened was one of my tendons had been stretched at some point and it finally snapped and pulled a large hunk of my pelvis off with it. It wasn't fun. Unable to move at all for quite some time.

gruesomeBODY
2006-03-01, 03:28 PM
The only good thing about this post is that the trainer was a she. She got to rub up Sue's leg hehe

slaynish
2006-03-01, 04:13 PM
ya well today, the 3rd day of track, really fun.

so much easier now.

i feel like ive gotten so much faster & stronger too

sue_13
2006-03-02, 04:50 PM
Yeah, she wasn't bad looking at all either. I was more concerned about the pain at the time though.

Sovereign
2006-03-02, 05:05 PM
For fucks sake.

Paragraph breaks please.

gruesomeBODY
2006-03-02, 05:40 PM
Well ill go to her with a hurt leg anyday then

Xenn
2006-03-02, 05:43 PM
I do Track/Cross Country. Not that great, my mile was like 5:44, 2 mile was 11 something.

Doing pole vault this year.

Ganga
2006-03-03, 12:04 AM
"yo nick how tall are you?"
"oh, I am 6 feets and zero point two five inches, I know I know, I am tall"

You think 6 feets is tall, get a life. I am 6 feets, and my 2 chinese roomates which are 6ft 7" and 6ft 4". Go loss some weights.

ask_rabber
2006-03-03, 06:41 PM
"yo nick how tall are you?"
"oh, I am 6 feets and zero point two five inches, I know I know, I am tall"

You think 6 feets is tall, get a life. I am 6 feets, and my 2 chinese roomates which are 6ft 7" and 6ft 4". Go loss some weights.

LOL. "I disagree with your opinion on what is tall, get a life you pos."

Willkillforfood
2006-03-03, 09:53 PM
6 feets tall, lol.

slaynish
2006-03-05, 07:32 PM

I wasnt aware that I attacked you Ganga.

I thought you were in china or something and you didnt know that in America we use standard unit of measurement. I wasnt trying to be a douche. Now I can see why you're angry but i wasnt stereotyping.

Now that you say it though, idk if 6 ft is tall for whatever age you are but for my age it is.

Willkillforfood
2006-03-06, 01:19 AM
I really wouldn't worry about him. In fact, don't worry about anyone!

slaynish
2006-03-06, 07:23 PM
well in reality i was just kinda being a dick, but i thought it was becaus ehe was being a dick first.

Willkillforfood
2006-03-06, 10:33 PM
Is English Ganja's first language?

Thanatos
2006-03-06, 10:51 PM
His name is Ganga and no, English isn't his first language.

Willkillforfood
2006-03-08, 12:02 AM
Anyways, just keep it up with the whole 'exercise' thing :). That and a healthy diet are really the only way to go. Too bad I do neither :P.