PDA

View Full Version : My mom is turning crazy.

Grav
2006-01-17, 02:15 PM
The best way I can describe it is that my mother is rapidly turning into one of those white trash crazy moms seen on "reality tv". You all probably saw or heard of that crazy religious mom that was on the show in which families trade parents. The one with the Christian fixation. Well, less Jesus and more jeezus and you have my dilemma.

She flies off the handle at random and aggrivating moments and gives people no opportunity to talk things over logically. For example, I just spent 20 minutes being bitched at before I even had a chance to finish my original sentence that started the rant. After a long period of sighing and head-shaking, I finished my original sentence that proved the entire basis of her raving was unfounded. After hearing this her eyes glazed over and she continued to harp on about how the other 5 things she managed to relate to this issue were still to blame.

This is her reasoning:

Situation A was caused by Situation B. Situation B was directly tied into C. Situation D was loosely related somehow in her mind. So to her B, C, and D all are to blame. Even when Situation A was actually false, as in, she was harping about something that didn't happen, she kept going on about B, C, and D.

What the hell am I supposed to do about this? It's getting to the point of complete irrationality. Taking a calm and logical approach to things just makes her increasingly angry as she sees she isn't flipping my bitch switch.

Niko
2006-01-17, 02:27 PM
How could this happen to me
I've made my mistakes
got nowhere to run
The night goes on as I’m fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just want to scream
How could this happen to me

Think that's bad? You know my family.

Grav
2006-01-17, 02:29 PM
Yes, but your mom gives you lots of food.

Niko
2006-01-17, 02:31 PM
Yes, but your mom gives you lots of food.

Not really. I've been living on grilled cheese and fast food for the last five weeks.

Grav
2006-01-17, 02:31 PM
Well, the food is there. You COULD be eating it. I see that food. Don't think I don't see it.

Niko
2006-01-17, 02:32 PM
Cream of mushroom soup, spoiled ham, and flour are all I see.

Niko
2006-01-17, 02:35 PM
You could bite a big bald boner .

!King_Amazon!
2006-01-17, 02:37 PM
Menopause.

Grav
2006-01-17, 02:43 PM
Does that really happen? Menopause makes women go psycho bitch? Does it... stop? Because this has been getting increasingly worse over the past 4 months or so.

!King_Amazon!
2006-01-17, 03:07 PM
All women are psycho bitch. Menopause just makes it worse.

As for it going away, well, I'm really not sure. My mother had to have a whatchamacallit where she cant have kids anymore and it caused early menopause. She's been a bitch since.

Sovereign
2006-01-17, 06:19 PM
Tell her to see a doctor for some relaxation pills... sheesh.

S2 AM
2006-01-23, 08:08 AM
Menopause.

Ditto

DaFrigginDoctah
2006-01-23, 09:55 AM
The best way I can describe it is that my mother is rapidly turning into one of those white trash crazy moms seen on "reality tv". You all probably saw or heard of that crazy religious mom that was on the show in which families trade parents. The one with the Christian fixation. Well, less Jesus and more jeezus and you have my dilemma.

She flies off the handle at random and aggrivating moments and gives people no opportunity to talk things over logically. For example, I just spent 20 minutes being bitched at before I even had a chance to finish my original sentence that started the rant. After a long period of sighing and head-shaking, I finished my original sentence that proved the entire basis of her raving was unfounded. After hearing this her eyes glazed over and she continued to harp on about how the other 5 things she managed to relate to this issue were still to blame.

This is her reasoning:

Situation A was caused by Situation B. Situation B was directly tied into C. Situation D was loosely related somehow in her mind. So to her B, C, and D all are to blame. Even when Situation A was actually false, as in, she was harping about something that didn't happen, she kept going on about B, C, and D.

What the hell am I supposed to do about this? It's getting to the point of complete irrationality. Taking a calm and logical approach to things just makes her increasingly angry as she sees she isn't flipping my bitch switch.
Move to another state. Worked for me.

Titusfied
2006-01-23, 10:32 AM
If it is menopause, at least it will get better. My mom was fucking nuts when she went through it, but thankfully I was in college and didn't have to deal with it. My dad would just bitch and moan to me every other day about how irrational she was being. Now, she has random temper tantrums, but for the most part, she is calm now. I don't know how long it lasts though..

Medieval Bob
2006-01-23, 10:41 AM
Tell her to see a doctor for some relaxation pills... sheesh.

Vicodin

Penny_Bags
2006-01-23, 09:39 PM
All I can say to the first 4 posts.... AIM please.

gruesomeBODY
2006-01-23, 10:39 PM
i think its more of a mental thing cause they know they are getting older and it scares them. Menopause is just a fancy word for elderly women.

sciencekid
2006-02-06, 07:31 PM
Vicodin

more like horse tranquilizer. :p

i asked my dad what he would do because i had no idea, and he basicly said that you're screwed until it goes away on it's own...... but i would say that something is bothering her that needs to get resolved. did something trumatic happen recent to this whole thing starting?

gruesomeBODY
2006-02-06, 09:28 PM
Yea, she probably realized that she was getting old.

sciencekid
2006-02-06, 10:09 PM
not quite what i meant, but probably true.

Sum Yung Guy
2006-02-08, 10:03 AM
Heres an idea, for like a whole week do everything you can do to make your mom in a good mood, do all the chores she usually does, make dinner, take her out to dinner, say nice things bla bla bla, bla bla bla.

Stick it out like a champ for a week atleast and she will be in a good mood for awhile. Sometimes parents get stressed out, some call it midlife crisis.

If that dont work, think about buying a gun - and using it.

gruesomeBODY
2006-02-08, 01:27 PM
He could probably borrow yours right