PDA

View Full Version : First Promotion and Raise

HandOfHeaven
2005-08-15, 11:24 PM
It all happened Saturday morning. I came into work just after 6:50 AM, and got to work. As I am stalking milk cartons around 7:30 Am (still not really awake), my manager comes up to me. He says 'Ready for more responsibility?'. Of course I say yes. 'Congratulations, you're our newest crew trainer. I'll get right on that new nametag and raise for yah.' It's really awesome. Everyone is basically happy for me, except for one of my friends, who is a bit put out because I got a raise and he didn't. I busted my ass for a long time there. On my previous work day, I had asked one of the managers for a raise. He said 'We'll see', and then told me he put in a request to the other manager. I still am not quite sure how much I am making now, but I am sure to find out. It kicks so much ass, aside from the fact that I had to train in a fat chick who didn't catch on as fast as a snail slimes. Oh, question for you all.
Do I not have any integrity if I ask for a raise?

Comments about this little bit and personal stories are encouraged.

Thanks much.
HoH

Thanatos
2005-08-15, 11:35 PM
You work at Hardees, correct? I'm getting pretty much the same raise in September. Congrats, man.

HandOfHeaven
2005-08-15, 11:36 PM
Correct, I do work at Hardees. I also will be getting a raise in October because it will be my 6 month evaluation (basically I get a raise every 6 months).

Sovereign
2005-08-16, 12:06 AM
Grats =D. What do you get paid now.

platnum
2005-08-16, 04:09 PM
Im a telemarketer. I make my own hours, so I work when I want. And I get 9 bucks an hour with a dollar raise every year.

Adrenachrome
2005-08-17, 08:35 AM
Yea, I'd say you lose some integrity if you ask for raises, most of the time if you're gonna get one they'll give it up. But I'm sure people get overlooked from time to time, you just have to use your best judgement.

Do you get insurance at three or six months? that's huge.

Also with any job.. 75% of moving up is showing up ontime and every day you're scheduled.

KagomJack
2005-08-17, 10:10 AM
Pretty awesome. Before I got laid off, I was promoted from clerk to data entry clerk (which seems that is a job I can't get unless I'm 18). Pretty good feeling. Payraise to 6.80. It was all good...now I'm unemployed...

But good job, man! Hope for the best and that you don't kill the idiots.

Hades-Knight
2005-08-20, 02:57 PM
Hmm I need a thinkburger.......

But the rule of thumb is if you never ask for a raise they wont give it to you!