PDA

View Full Version : First date... Ever!?!?!?

pr0xy
2005-08-05, 12:58 PM
So... Tonight I am going on my first date ever. Yeah I know kinda sad. Well anyway... I was looking at random screen names on aim from around my area and I was messaging the girls askin for boobie pix and being an asshole because to tell you the truth... I was bored. And I mean the kinda of bored where drinking rat poison would be more entertaining than what was currently happening. So I come across this girl who I just cant seem to get to block me no matter what I do. So I go into a chat with her friends and I am an asshole to everyone in there. Still no luck. So I give up and just start talking to her. It turns out she is really cool and thinks I'm funny as hell. Huh... Well so long story short. I asked her out just messin around and she said yes. She lives 10 mins away from me and tonight I'm taking her out to the movies. I talked to her on the phone for a little bit after all the underaged drunken assholes left my house (We had a party.) and I dunno. There is just something special about her. She laughs and that makes me happy. Well anyway, I still can't believe this is happening becasue its really weird =/ But whatever. We will see how it goes tonight.
Wish me luck.

Lenny
2005-08-05, 01:46 PM
Good luck man!!

Hope all goes well.

Kaneda
2005-08-05, 01:57 PM
Crazy. Can't wait to hear the after report.

JRwakebord
2005-08-05, 02:28 PM
First ever? Good luck!

Sovereign
2005-08-05, 02:35 PM
Best of luck.

Penny_Bags
2005-08-05, 02:59 PM
Kind of odd, but good luck man! Have fun!

Hades-Knight
2005-08-05, 03:09 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!

Never go to the movies on a first date........you can't talk to her, she wont let you get touchy because she just met you, and if the movie sucked then that will set the mood for the rest of the date!

and that seems a lil bit weird ...i hope you got full body pics..........most girls dont usually just say yes to meet with a stranger from teh intaRweb!

take her to get some coffee and walk around.......oh and btw, MAKE HER PAY for her ticket.......you dont owe her shit so why should you be paying?

Just a few pointers...hope she shows up in the least =/

!King_Amazon!
2005-08-05, 03:16 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!

Never go to the movies on a first date........you can't talk to her, she wont let you get touchy because she just met you, and if the movie sucked then that will set the mood for the rest of the date!

and that seems a lil bit weird ...i hope you got full body pics..........most girls dont usually just say yes to meet with a stranger from teh intaRweb!

take her to get some coffee and walk around.......oh and btw, MAKE HER PAY for her ticket.......you dont owe her shit so why should you be paying?

Just a few pointers...hope she shows up in the least =/
Don't listen to this fool.

Kaneda
2005-08-05, 04:22 PM
Ya I've "gone" on a couple dates w/ girls I met on the net. And by gone I mean I went to meet one and ended up turning around, and the second one she recognized me before I could turn around, so I went into the movie w/ her then before it started told her I was getting some snacks and left. Hahaha it was probably the worst thing I've done to some1 morally.

!King_Amazon!
2005-08-05, 04:41 PM
Well I didn't really mean don't listen to him about girls you meet on the net. His other suggestions are stupid.

HandOfHeaven
2005-08-05, 04:52 PM
He failed at killing himself. What the hell do you expect?

Good luck with that date.

Kaneda
2005-08-05, 05:04 PM
Wrong person there sport. That was PureRebel, I think...
definatly not H_K.

HandOfHeaven
2005-08-05, 06:06 PM
Whoops. I get dumbasses mixed up on this forum...

Medieval Bob
2005-08-05, 06:28 PM
I think he's right about the movies thing. (Though I am taking this girl out on Monday, and the only thing I can think to do is a movie... Hopefully I'll spot some coffee house or something on the way, and we can change plans.)

!King_Amazon!
2005-08-05, 06:40 PM
Movies are very easy and very good dates. You don't have to say much so you don't have to worry about saying something stupid. Comedy movies are good for first dates, since you'll be laughing together and she'll be having fun, unless it's a horrible comedy and then you can just laugh with her at how stupid the movie was. If you've already dated a few times then you can go to a romance/comedy or horror movie, since those are always winners. Romance/comedies and pure chick-flicks are great, girls always love them, I know this because Nikki is always melty and romantic when we watch them, and she's all over me when it's over. Horror movies are good too because she'll be clinging onto you during the really scary parts.

Basically, you can't really mess up a movie date, so they are always good.

Medieval Bob
2005-08-05, 07:42 PM
Ya, but you can't really get to know her and have interaction unless you have some sort of follow up after the movie.

KagomJack
2005-08-05, 07:52 PM
Actually, despite having "gone out" with my ex, I've never had a real date either O.o

HandOfHeaven
2005-08-05, 08:13 PM
Coffee houses are always good for follow-ups after the movie or before. There is one right across from the theatre where I live.

Kaneda
2005-08-05, 08:21 PM
Ya, but there soo cliche, and I don't drink coffee so what do I "do" while we're conversating? She has a coffee to keep her occupied, I get what a hot chocolate.

Great-Thanatos
2005-08-05, 08:47 PM
LOL that redminds me of my gf and I starting dating... when we started had hardly anythign to say so ya we went to movies and shit .... now look at us a kid ehh broken up but w/e shes still cool no child support ^_^

HandOfHeaven
2005-08-05, 08:53 PM
Haha, your first name is Kelly....

!King_Amazon!
2005-08-05, 09:10 PM
So is mine.

You got a fucking problem with it?

Medieval Bob
2005-08-05, 09:19 PM
Try something new. Try an escamocha. If nothing else, ya, get a hot chocolate. You don't go to a coffee shop for the coffee (unless you get it to go). You go for the atmosphere and the chance to sit and talk.

The more cozy the place, the better. If there are couches, go for that.

Adrenachrome
2005-08-05, 09:57 PM
So is mine.

You got a fucking problem with it?

Haha when I read that, I thoght to myself "I wonder what KA is gonna say" then I looked down..

Owned

Mantralord
2005-08-06, 11:19 AM
You should dump the whole "girl" thing and turn gay.

!King_Amazon!
2005-08-06, 11:58 AM
They don't call me King because I wear a crown(well I don't...)

Lenny
2005-08-06, 12:00 PM
How'd it go Prox? Which film did you see?

JRwakebord
2005-08-06, 12:43 PM
Did you get to see tittays?

Hades-Knight
2005-08-06, 01:09 PM
Movies are very easy and very good dates. You don't have to say much so you don't have to worry about saying something stupid. Comedy movies are good for first dates, since you'll be laughing together and she'll be having fun, unless it's a horrible comedy and then you can just laugh with her at how stupid the movie was. If you've already dated a few times then you can go to a romance/comedy or horror movie, since those are always winners. Romance/comedies and pure chick-flicks are great, girls always love them, I know this because Nikki is always melty and romantic when we watch them, and she's all over me when it's over. Horror movies are good too because she'll be clinging onto you during the really scary parts.

Basically, you can't really mess up a movie date, so they are always good.

yes but in this case you already know the girl, and know that she wants to be with you....

In the first date with someone u have never met, never go to the movies......go do something, or just relax and chat. NEVER MOVIES

JRwakebord
2005-08-06, 02:09 PM
My first date with one girl that I didn't know at all was movies and mall, and it turned into a 16 month relationship. Movies can work, but do something else as well so that you actually have time to talk and get to know her.

gruesomeBODY
2005-08-06, 03:27 PM
good luck dude hope all goes well. movies are good for first dates cause u dont have to say alot, but thats also the downfall of them. make sure u at least go out after and offer to pay. They love that shit

Medieval Bob
2005-08-06, 04:00 PM
good luck dude hope all goes well. movies are good for first dates cause u dont have to say alot, but thats also the downfall of them. make sure u at least go out after and offer to pay. They love that shit

Now that's one place a lot of people will debate with you. I've been told by numerous people that, contrary to popular belief, not paying for things on a date is a good thing to do. I can't explain the logic or testify to whether it actually works, as I've never tried it, but like I said, I heard it from more than just a handful of people.

Lenny
2005-08-06, 04:10 PM
Maybe when people pay a lot for things on a date the other half will become used to having things bought for them and end up expecting it during the relationship. Then when the "payee" hasn't the cash, the relationship will begin to break up as the "non-payee" starts wondering why they aren't having things bought for them - "You don't love me any more!"

Just a horribly random guestimate there. Don't quote me on it.

JRwakebord
2005-08-06, 04:30 PM
I dunno, I'm a big sucker for chivalry. I always offer to pay when I'm on a date, at least if I'm interested in the girl. If I'm just out with a friend we split it.

!King_Amazon!
2005-08-06, 05:25 PM
Now that's one place a lot of people will debate with you. I've been told by numerous people that, contrary to popular belief, not paying for things on a date is a good thing to do. I can't explain the logic or testify to whether it actually works, as I've never tried it, but like I said, I heard it from more than just a handful of people.
It all depends on the girl, some girls get annoyed when guys open doors for them and pay for stuff and things like that, I'm lucky enough to have one that doesn't mind me being a gentleman, because I am one.

gruesomeBODY
2005-08-06, 06:54 PM
so in conclusion- girls suck when it comes to dating. Cause us guys can never figure them out. Anyways, i like to offer just so its out on the table (to pay). If they let me, then id be happy to pay, if not idont mind pocketing the extra cash

Hades-Knight
2005-08-06, 10:22 PM

Girls pay for me all the time =/

Is kind of like a 50:50 thing......lets say if we go to dinner, I'll pay, then we go to movies, they'll pay. I dont tell them to pay either, they usually offer to.

Grav
2005-08-06, 10:30 PM
This should be in Life Discussion

Agreed. Moved.

pr0xy
2005-08-07, 12:12 AM
Well... Hehe... The date went great. We got some pizza and just talked and laughed (I stole a large piece of cheese she dropped when getting a piece and she still wont let me forget it...) Then we went to see wedding crashers which is pretty darn funny. We sat in one of those loveseat type chairs. The ones that are like 2 chairs in one. I don't know but it was wonderful. I couldn't breathe during one part of the movie and she was laughing and patting my back. By the way, she has the cutest nose that crinkles up when she laughs. Then when we got back to the house we just hung out in the back yard abit. She mentioned she liked lakes so we walked to a large pond/lake near by. We just laid there and looked up at the stars and talked. On the walk back home we were holding hands (very cold hands) and still talking. Well she had to get going it was 11:30. She said she wanted to leave by 11:15... So we hugged and said goodbye (no kiss and im ok with that) We are currently talking online right now and earlier we were on the phone. I really like this girl, she is into the same bands as me and same movies and she is really really cute. We are gonna go out again some time, whenever she wants I guess.

So all in all it was a great night. I am feeling much better about myself lately and I don't know if it is because of her or just a coincidence.

EDIT: I paid for it all. =P

Grav
2005-08-07, 12:35 AM
A winner is you?

pr0xy
2005-08-07, 12:46 AM
A winner is you?
I believe so.

JRwakebord
2005-08-07, 01:17 AM
pr0xy FTW!!

!King_Amazon!
2005-08-07, 02:07 AM
VICTOLY

Sounds like an awesome date to me. Good job.

Lenny
2005-08-07, 01:43 PM
Well done Prox!

Hope the whole relationship goes well for ya.

slaynish
2005-08-07, 06:06 PM
Yeah, good job pr0xy.

My first 'real alone date' was actually after i had gone on many dates with lauren and her friends and my friends to the movies. We went to the movies but we had already done so much shit with eachother by then so that date doesnt even matter lol.

gruesomeBODY
2005-08-07, 06:27 PM
good job dude she does looks cute too

Penny_Bags
2005-08-07, 08:43 PM
They don't call me King because I wear a crown(well I don't...)Wow, if the King thing is derived from "Kerry King"... I'll worship you.

!King_Amazon!
2005-08-07, 09:04 PM
Wow, if the King thing is derived from "Kerry King"... I'll worship you.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Kaneda
2005-08-07, 09:21 PM
I think you should have said yes, thats exactly where its from.

pr0xy
2005-08-07, 10:17 PM
Hey guys, on the subject of a movie for the first date. Just make sure you let them pick the movie. She is gonna come over and watch "The Notebook" sometime. And if you havn't seen it... I suggest you do, its a great movie. Its a huge chick flick but it is one of my favorites.

Kaneda
2005-08-07, 10:18 PM
I saw that exact movie on a first date w/ a girl. Strange.

sue_13
2005-08-08, 10:39 AM
Sounds like he's the champ... congrats mate.

Hades-Knight
2005-08-09, 11:46 PM
pr0xy FTW!!

VICTOLY

DAMN YIU BOTH BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

oh and proxy........just a few pointers:

Good job on that walking to the pond thing.........I wouldnt have thought of that! I bet that made a very good impression on her.

Also, don't talk to her that much on aim or the phone.......in fact, the phone should only be used to set up meetings or just random "hi how are you"....convos shouldnt be more than 5 mins!

Online.....always say you're busy reading something and kinda ignore her a lil bit.....like reply after she send a few msgs.. ;)

-=Rico-GP=-
2005-08-10, 02:01 AM
You are winner, haw haw haw.

Hades-Knight
2005-08-10, 09:04 AM
What chatroom was this again? HAHAHA ;)

pr0xy
2005-08-10, 04:24 PM
Also, don't talk to her that much on aim or the phone.......in fact, the phone should only be used to set up meetings or just random "hi how are you"....convos shouldnt be more than 5 mins!

Online.....always say you're busy reading something and kinda ignore her a lil bit.....like reply after she send a few msgs.. ;)

O.o why? I want to be her friend more than anything... And after we have a strong friendship we will see what happens.

undeadzombieguy
2005-08-11, 01:32 PM
----------------

Lenny
2005-08-12, 04:06 AM
You'd end up going crazy if you went to my school then. It seems to be the rule that you become very good friends with a girl before going out with them.

You get some really undeserving bastards somehow making friends and then going out with girls who deserve a hell of a lot better.

Grav
2005-08-12, 11:25 AM
Wow. England is weird.

pr0xy
2005-08-12, 01:49 PM
NO! If you're going to be her friend first you will just become her bitch, she will use you to get favors and maybe go out or whatever but that's it. If you want to be her bf make that clear from the beginning, rarely does someone go from a good friend to bf.

In a serious relationship your partner is supposed to be your best friend.

Hey... Alot of people when they break up arent friends afterwards becasue they weren't friends before. Also, it is very likely that you will end up marrying someone in your circle of friends rather than someone else. And hey... I would rather be her friend than her boy friend. I'm not one of those sex crazed guys :weird:

undeadzombieguy
2005-08-12, 02:33 PM
-------------------

pr0xy
2005-08-12, 03:11 PM
Well.. if you rather be her friend than her boyfriend why go on a date with her? You will be confusing that girl so much...

Think about it from the girls perspective. You take her on dates and talk with her all the time, but you dont take the next step? Girls usually expect the man to take action but you wont. She's not going to like this situation and will be confused as to what you really want with her. In the end she will probably find someone else who does want to be her boyfriend.

I'm just telling you how it generally is, I could of course be completely wrong on this with you're situation. Ah well... Just do whatever, and learn from it. ;)

Well actually in this situation you are abit off. You hold valid points however, she is currently recovering from a long relationship that went bad. I'm trying to be there for her whenever she needs me, as a friend. We are both very interested in eachother but at this point in time she told me flat out that she wasn't ready to get involved with someone yet. I accept that and therefore I am trying my hardest to be a good friend. I don't know what that night was... Because to tell you the truth, I'm also confused. But such is life right?

Edit: Her ex boyfriend is one of those shitbag types who no one likes. But she is still trying because she wants what she once had. I think it will take her a while to get over him, which is another reason why she doesnt want to be in a relationship with me right now. Not untill she can devote her whole heart to me.

Grav
2005-08-12, 05:49 PM
NOoOOoooOO!! You're setting yourself up for a fall, here.

JRwakebord
2005-08-12, 06:18 PM
Ick. Seems to me like you're the rebound. Be extremely careful if you want this to work, and don't move in too quickly or things could get very ugly.

Grav
2005-08-12, 06:25 PM
I was the rebound once.

I got the whole "I need time to get over this guy" thing too, and the guy was pretty much a douche for no reason. She still obviously cared for him though.

I got tired of waiting, and after some intimate moments I asked her out. I was turned down, saying she didn't want to get in a relationship rgiht now. Then she got together with a random guy like 3 weeks after I asked her out. -_-

pr0xy
2005-08-12, 07:08 PM
I was the rebound once.

I got the whole "I need time to get over this guy" thing too, and the guy was pretty much a douche for no reason. She still obviously cared for him though.

I got tired of waiting, and after some intimate moments I asked her out. I was turned down, saying she didn't want to get in a relationship rgiht now. Then she got together with a random guy like 3 weeks after I asked her out. -_-

STFU BEFORE I POST YOUR EMONESS ON THE FORUMS!

Eh dont worry about me guys... I really just want her to be happy... I just told surge on AIM that I won't let her just glance over me when the time comes, and I also wont pressure her into anything. We will just see how it goes. I'm laid back so hey, if it doesn't work... Tough luck right? I still made a friend out of it, and the more the merrier.

Grav
2005-08-12, 07:09 PM
GravitonSurge: CRAWWWWWWWLING
GravitonSurge: INNNNNNNN
GravitonSurge: MY SKINNNNNNNN

Hades-Knight
2005-08-12, 08:18 PM
These wounds wont seem to heal!

Proxy, you're just an AFC, AFCs never succeed....they just get used as emotional Tampoons! you must become an alpha male in order to make this bitch want you NOW! not when she sover her ex-shithead

pr0xy
2005-08-13, 12:01 AM
FEAR IS HOW I FAAAAAAAAAAALL
CONFUSING WHAT IS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL

No thanks. Heh... We will see what happens wont we. So far I havn't been wrong with shit like this... But hey... Who knows.

Ganga
2005-08-13, 05:16 AM
"Her ex boyfriend is one of those shitbag types who no one likes." Is it me or this is not the first time i hear... or second ... or third time for that matter at this forum.

Thanatos
2005-08-13, 10:29 AM
It's all a conspiracy against you, Ganga.

Be afraid.

Kaneda
2005-08-13, 11:14 AM
But then again Proxy that was you first date ever. So... it doesn't seem like you have alot exp to judge from.

pr0xy
2005-08-13, 06:23 PM
But then again Proxy that was you first date ever. So... it doesn't seem like you have alot exp to judge from.

Just because that was the first time I ever went out with a girl to do something does not mean I don't know my share about relationships and love. I am constantly helping my friends out with their relationships and so far I have helped all the ones who were willing strengthen their relationships. But you are right, maybe I don't know what I am talking about. But, I can listen to my heart and still use my brain at the same time. I'm sure they wont guide me wrongly, they haven't yet. :)

Kaneda
2005-08-13, 06:26 PM
But, I can listen to my heart and still use my brain at the same time. I'm sure they wont guide me wrongly, they haven't yet. :)
Correct. I was just pointing out a point.

HandOfHeaven
2005-08-13, 08:28 PM
Definitely a good point, Kaneda.

pr0xy
2005-08-13, 09:28 PM
Correct. I was just pointing out a point.

Oh I know I know, and I'm very thankful for all the things you have been pointing out, and everyone else's thoughts, otherwise I wouldn't have made this.