PDA

View Full Version : Abortion: For or Against

Demosthenes
2005-07-27, 11:25 PM
I'm hoping this will get heated and get conversation going. For abortion or against, and why?

Sovereign
2005-07-28, 12:00 AM
It's one of those matters that I don't care about, so I don't really have an opinion.

Demosthenes
2005-07-28, 12:02 AM
It's one of those matters that I don't care about, so I don't really have an opinion.

Actually, if you would be so kind, could you please add an undecided option?

Grav
2005-07-28, 12:08 AM
I'm "pro choice."

slaynish
2005-07-28, 12:19 AM
I'm for.

If i fuck a girl, which is likely to happen, and the rubber breaks, or something... That bitch better be ready for falling down some stairs, or an abortion.

Grav
2005-07-28, 12:20 AM
I hope some girl keeps it just to fuck you over. Not that you'd have sex or anything.

slaynish
2005-07-28, 12:23 AM
Well i mean in the future you know? I dont plan on hopping on the first girl that wants to have sex... Or even thinking that far.

Grav
2005-07-28, 12:24 AM
Yes you do. You know you do. The sooner you get in, the less risk there is of getting an STD.

Lenny
2005-07-28, 05:02 AM
Wha?? How does that work?? The sooner he gets in the more risk there is of getting one. When he gets older he will probably settle down with one person and have sex only with them. If they don't have an STD then there's little chance of him getting one.

If he starts now then there's how many years before he gets settled down with one person, so there's a greater chance he might get STDs...

As for abortion, if the woman was raped, or was blind drunk when she conceived (i.e. didn't know what she was doing) then it should be allowed...but if she knew the consequences beforehand then it shouldn't be allowed. The best type of punishment in that situation would make them live with what they did...quite literally.

Grav
2005-07-28, 07:43 AM
I mean, since he's 13, the 13 year olds he's having sex with will be less likely to have STDs than, say, 17 year olds

badboy
2005-07-28, 08:29 AM
Against, adoption is an option, don't end a life because you were a dumbass.

Lenny
2005-07-28, 09:51 AM
Ah, okily dokily.

Unless they're a natural carrier, then it doesn't matter if he's 13 or 30...

Original Sin
2005-07-28, 10:10 AM
A woman does have the right to do what she wants. So why stop them....it just leads to more bitching if you try to make them do the opposite of what they want.

If you have sex and you a girl gets pregnant for one reason or another(no protection--especially if not using birth control--type scenerio) than she doesn't deserve to have an abortion, she put herself their.

If the rubber breaks or birth control some how fails, than I see it as perfectly fine for a woman to have an abortion. Clearly an attempt to prevent conception was made(at least should be valid, like if she knows the rubber breaks and keeps going anyways before male ejaculation and he goes in her they are both fucking stupid and deserve to keep the child)than do what you want.

On the other hand, it is a living organism as soon as conception takes place since a human being first takes form(not physically of course) and so you shouldn't really take a life. It is murder, your killing some one and yet it's not seen as a problem by authorities(when abortions are done by the pro's, not out back with a close hanger), so all murders should be ok.

We condem people for murdering someone who has seen the world, had a chance to do stuff and not when some one who is still inside a whomb.

The child does deserve to live, it shouldn't be that the man and woman don't want a child, they are taking a precious life away. That is not morally right either. How would you feel if your parents told you that when she was pregnant with you, the thought of an abortion was an option at the time. That your parents actually thought about terminating your life. How ould you feel?

Everyone views this from the parents perspective, but try it from an unborn childs perspective. Instead of aborting a child, give up the child to a couple who can't have a child for one reason or another or keep it. Don't use an adaoption agaency as the childs permenate residense.

Think about the child.

So, I am undecided when it comes to abortion. I may be leaning towards no on it though. But it comes down to too many factors for me to decide.

Sorry for any spelling and or grammatical errors.

Nothing
2005-07-28, 10:50 AM
People are willing to disregard a child in the womb as a human life, because it best suits their lifestyle to do so. This is a day and age where abstinence is a dirty word, and no one thinks they should sacrifice their future or their time to take care of a baby that they made.

As for my opinion on abortion, I'm not 100% for or against it. I don't see why a baby that hasn't been born yet shouldn't be considered a human life, other than because someone doesn't want that kind of responsibility, but I don't believe in potential life either. I don't see anything wrong with aborting an embryo, or a fetus that hasn't developed a brain yet.

JRwakebord
2005-07-28, 11:34 AM
Pro-choice. I actually did my senior thesis on this.

!King_Amazon!
2005-07-28, 11:36 AM
I'm personally against it because I think that pregnancy should be prevented and not ended, but I don't think my opinion should matter because it doesn't effect me in any way, just like gay marriage and stuff like that. I just have an opinion.

Demosthenes
2005-07-28, 01:06 PM
I am against abortion in 99.9% of the cases. I could elaborate if you guys like.

RoboticSilence
2005-07-28, 01:42 PM
I approve of anything that stunts population growth.

Do those .1% cases involve rape?

!King_Amazon!
2005-07-28, 03:08 PM
The only time I think abortion is appropriate is if the girl is pregnant from rape or incest, or having a baby will endanger her life.

Kaneda
2005-07-28, 03:16 PM
I approve of anything that stunts population growth.

Couldnt agree more.

As far as abortion. Hows it any different than putting a puppy to sleep?
To have a really heated thread, there must be females. Go post this in http://forum.cybernurse.com/ and then report back w/ the results. :p

Demosthenes
2005-07-28, 03:52 PM
Do those .1% cases involve rape?

Questionable. I used to think that the .1% would include that, but no, not anymore. Even in the case of rape she can have the baby. If she doesn't want it, there are always places it can go to where it can be raised properly.

The .1% involves when the doctor believes that it is a serious threat to the mother's life for whatever reason.

Mantralord
2005-07-28, 03:58 PM
I'm for anything that gets rid of competition in the workforce, so I'm pro abortion.

Penny_Bags
2005-07-28, 05:10 PM
I am pro-choice but I choose life.

Randuin
2005-07-28, 07:04 PM
For abortion, over-population

Adrenachrome
2005-07-28, 08:52 PM
I'm for situational abortion, meaning for a good reason, good reasons being the child is the offspring of a rapist that raped the mother, people that wouldn't be able to bring up the child in a healthy stable enviornment, I'm sure there's more I'd approve of.

A fuckin whore that has abortions every other month does not qualify, the bitch that cheated on her husband and got pregnant does not qualify under my abortion system.

khwiii
2005-07-29, 08:22 PM
I suppose i am against abortion.

But, it's not my choice. So ... I'm pro choice.

Penny_Bags
2005-07-31, 12:33 AM
Cincinnati what what nigga.