PDA

View Full Version : What is it with me?

KagomJack
2005-06-06, 09:19 PM
I've gotten into one of my moods again. The one that no one ever hears about and probably wouldn't care to hear about.

People closest to me know I give advice and confidence to them. Yeah, I've done that for about 2 years total now. But there's a problem. I don't really give a fuck about their problems any more. In fact, I kinda don't even are about the people themselves. That makes me feel really empty on the inside. I'm just...*sigh*I'm feeding lies. Something I hate. I don't believe what I say anymore. When did I realize this? Today. I'm having some inner conflicts over how I feel about my ex and other things. Well, I can't give myself advice, can I/ If all I know how to do is make people feel better about themselves, etc., what am I really going to do for myself? Of course, I could lie to myself and live the lie of "advice giving friend". But that is just wrong. Building up people's confidences through lying is not good to anyone.

Next, I don't know myself as well as I had hoped. I'm talking in the sense of I don't completely understand myself. I need to understand myself to be whole again. I used to think I understood myself. But I don't. I really don't. So thus this issue was brought up. I don't have advice for myself. I realized because I don't know myself, I don't really have answers. Bah, that kinda makes sense and yet doesn't to me. I feel lost right now. I'm not looking for answers right now, I'm looking for someone to at least console me...more importantly, I kinda want someone to hold me...>.<

Thanatos
2005-06-06, 11:23 PM
You think too much.

Ganga
2005-06-06, 11:54 PM
HEYY I know that mood!!! It's call lonely. Find yourself a girl... or a guy.

Raziel
2005-06-07, 01:39 AM
See a therapist. It does wonders, Jack. I'm not joking in the slightest. You can't fully know yourself by looking inward constantly. You need an objective opinion a lot of the time, and the best way to get it is to see a professional. Find a good therapist, start seeing him/her once every week or two and get their opinion on these issues. It'll do you worlds of good, bro.

slaynish
2005-06-12, 11:21 PM
Well jackaroodeegan, all I can suggest is breaking loose.

Just think good things and try to live it up as your best moments, if you still feel the same way about it then maybe you should see somebody.

Penny_Bags
2005-06-13, 05:47 AM
Concur with above two posts.

osmoses-jones
2005-07-17, 10:56 AM
Don't be gay and your life will be happiness.

Grav
2005-07-17, 10:57 AM
Don't be characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement and your life will be happiness.
Yes, indeedly dee.

Kaneda
2005-07-17, 04:31 PM
How old are you? Mid-teens I'm assuming

All of your emotions/feelings/thoughts right now, are pretty much like a tornado riding a rollercoaster. I know everyone says Oh its part of growing up. Trust I've been there, and I'm still young enough to know and remember what being a kid is like and growing up. I've thought all of those same things, been in the same situations. Your not the only one. I still don't give a damn about people, but thats primarly due to the way my dad raised me to be stricly independent, and partialy due to... my mis-guided trust in the wrong people. Ages 14-19. It's all about living more, learning more, and growing period.
You might never know yourself. I'm sure alot of people don't but you seem capable and intelligent enough. So I'm sure you'll be ok. It's going to take alot of thinking, and you will torn on alot of decisions, and goals ect. You have to take time to yourself, be alone, think about all the reasons you don't "know" yourself. I hear alot of people don't find themselves until college. Atleast thats what the folks tell me. Also don't be a recluse, I don't know you personally, but being alone hurts alot when your a teen. Just advice.
Also Raziel's right about the objective opinion. You don't need shrink per'say but someone whom you know is intelligent and has a connection w/ you. I'm not sure if it should be a personal connection because then they might have feelins and emotions that could get tied in w/ thier advice.