PDA

View Full Version : The Balance

D3V
2005-06-05, 12:26 AM
I think people make up these equations to make themselves feel better about their shitty lives. Though Karma is a powerful force.

I personally don't have an equilibrium because I don't know myself well enough I am changing like a motherfucker I feel like the world is going away from me while I embrace new people etc etc, blah blah. I think I will be happy when I find me a new woman to spend my entire life with. Most people I believe are taht way.

badboy
2005-06-05, 03:11 AM
I have found the best thing to do when depressed is not to care about anything, just let go.

Lenny
2005-06-05, 06:33 AM
I answer to number 1)...nope. I'm usually at a natural high - happy and bouncy - nearly all of the time. I only get depressed (or sometimes quick to snap) about once or maybe twice every four or five months. Though, sometimes if I've had a really good four or five months I am more depressed than say after a just good four or five months. The good thing is though, I'm only dperessed for a day or two at the most so...

As for 2) I haven't the faintest idea.

Grav
2005-06-05, 08:20 AM
I used to be like that. Maybe I've been smoking too much.

Randuin
2005-06-05, 08:42 AM
No, the law is "For every force there is a force with equal magnitude in the opposite direction"

And no, this does not occur to me at all. The next day just FEELS shittier because you're so used to the nice feeling and if there isn't as much or more good things happening you feel upset. And the same also goes for shit -> good days. As long as you keep an optimistic view about everything, it really keeps you from needing to post crap on an internet forum rather than out there having fun.

Lenny
2005-06-05, 08:47 AM
Wouldn't it be better to keep a pesimistic view on everything?? That way you always expect the worse and when the worst doesn't happen then it's far nicer than the worst happening so you're generally happier...rather than always expecting the best and when it turns out to be worse then you become sad...

You could look at it this way: One person says, "The glass is half empty,"...the second says,"The glass is half full,"...and the third says "Hey!! I ordered a cheeseburger!!".

Randuin
2005-06-05, 08:55 AM
No, because then you'll be optimistic about the crappy situation too, and therefore get through it better than any other pesimistic person.

Lenny
2005-06-05, 08:57 AM
OK then...how about being pessimistic in the good situations and optimistic in the bad ones??

Randuin
2005-06-05, 08:58 AM
That'll just make everyday a boring day that makes you want to kill yourself.

Thanatos
2005-06-05, 11:14 AM
I used to be like that. Maybe I've been smoking too much.

I don't think weed is to blame here. Back when you were funnier (excuse me for being so blunt) you smoked weed. Now that you're all about looking at the inner Grav, you smoke weed.

No change. ^_^

JRwakebord
2005-06-05, 03:17 PM
You could look at it this way: One person says, "The glass is half empty,"...the second says,"The glass is half full,"...and the third says "Hey!! I ordered a cheeseburger!!".

You stole that from The Far Side.

Kaneda
2005-06-05, 03:42 PM
LOL! Busted!

Grav I also have noticed frequently that if I'm not occupied or being entertained then I kick into depressed what the hell am I doing mode. Now... never seeing it before because no one has brought it up but it very well could be due to the M.J. I never used to be like that. I was always pretty Lennyish. Since I've started smoking 4 years ago, heavily 2 years ago it seems that I need to be busy or high to be in a good mood. Then again it could be that I was raging w/ hormones and teenagdome up until recently and now I have made a big life changing decision to up and leave what friends/family I had left and move to Austin. Now I'm alone and working, and thats pretty much it. So I would have to take out lots of other variable to determine if its the weed or not but all in all, I'd say finding the equilibrium of self would only be half way, considering you could achieve true constant happiness, wether that is within reach this day and age I do not know, but its possible.

tidus2005
2005-06-05, 07:33 PM
I try to never think about things in terms of good or bad because it is true if you have a good week then you are bound to think that the next week is bad because it was not as good as the last week. We need bad things to happen to use inorder to truely appreciate the good ones. If you were to say be poor as fuck and then win the lottery i am sure you would feel 1000 times better about winning the lottery than if you were to be as wealthy as say bill gates and then win the lottery it would just not mean the same thing to him.

Grav
2005-06-05, 08:20 PM
I try to take some comfort from the fact that because I'm so shitted on right now... with school, friends, girls, tumors, life, and everything... that it will have to get better, I mean.. it can't get worse. Or maybe it can, *shrug*

Ganga
2005-06-05, 11:03 PM
Call up a friend or friends, to hang out and enjoy the life. Don't think too much. Usually only girl can make me feel pretty shitty. But been through too much already, so i know there are another girl that's waiting for me.

Lenny
2005-06-06, 10:48 AM
I knew I got it from somewhere but I didn't know where...

I've actually never seen any Far Side thingy...my violin teacher told it to me...

‡AC‡
2005-06-06, 11:54 PM
#1 Not really, I take the downs and ups as they come. Look around during a bad time and you'll see something good even tho it might not be related to anything your currently thinking about.

#2 Yes if you are an ez going person, if not then it is improbable.

Grav
2005-06-07, 03:16 AM
Damn. I forgot you existed.