PDA

View Full Version : Darth Sidious vs. Dante

Sith Apprentice
2005-05-29, 08:17 PM
My ABSOLUTE favorite villain of all time. Can HE defeat Dante?

I personally think he can, but I've been thwarted so many times I'm not sure anymore.

!King_Amazon!
2005-05-29, 10:44 PM
He's got a lightsaber and force powers, I'd say he could rip Dante appart.

JRwakebord
2005-05-29, 10:46 PM
Sideous ftw. Dark lighting, choke grip, lightsaber... Oh yah.

badboy
2005-05-30, 12:24 AM
Who is Dante ?

Vollstrecker
2005-05-30, 03:52 AM
Who is Dante ?

My immediate thought was the guy from Clerks.

He'd rip Dante UP, now Randall on the other hand....

sue_13
2005-05-31, 10:37 PM
I'm assuming Dante from Devil May Cry? If so I am most definately taking the Sith.

Lenny
2005-06-01, 04:39 AM
Am I the only one who's gonna put my money on Dante??

Come on, Darth Sidious...against the son of a/the devil??! Are you all crazy??! Hnads down Dante would win! He is always getting better (look at the videa for DMC4 for heavens sake!!).

JRwakebord
2005-06-01, 06:48 AM
Yah, but we're talking about the Emperor. Sith Lord, powerful as hell. Plus the man survived death at least once. Twice if I remember correctly. This guy managed to fool every Jedi in the galaxy, and do it right it front of them. Plus, if you want to talk weaponry: Death Star. Game over.

Lenny
2005-06-01, 07:16 AM
Yes but son of the devil!!! Tell me, how many times has Dante cheated Death??

The start cutscene for one of the games, DMC1 I think it was, where that person breaks into his shop and throws a sword through him. He stands up and pulls the bloody thing out!! He is far superior! Sidius could cut him to shreds yet I bet you your bottom dollar he'd still live.

And another thing, Dante has style! You ain't got nothing if you ain't got style.

undeadzombieguy
2005-06-01, 08:21 AM
Jedi's and sith may be able to deflect the slow blaster fire, no way they could deflect/dodge an infinite number of real bullets.

Medieval Bob
2005-06-01, 08:26 AM
Ya, bullets are a hell of a lot faster than blaster fire.

Lenny
2005-06-01, 09:05 AM
Right, so three of us for Dante...and 5 against Dante.

Hmmm...I'm still sticking with Dante.

No matter how good the Sith Lord is, he won't be able to deflect the bullets, as you've said, and there is no way he'd even be able to keep up with Dantes quick pace in battle.

RoboticSilence
2005-06-01, 01:18 PM
If he tried to block bullets with a light saber, all it would do is melt them and throw melted lead on him.

Dark Jedi
2005-06-01, 01:22 PM
Fools! Infants! Can you not comprehend what it means to be a Master of the Force?! The Force is all! Bullets, small pieces of metal, so what? "OH NO! What will I do?! Oh, yeah... I can use my powers to not only stop them from hitting me, but I can send them right back at Dante, along with my own badass Force Lightning." So, he'd have to dodge his own bullets and other Force attacks.

Get over yourselves. Palpatine is the Emperor. He got there for being a genius and a powerful Force user. He's no fool. Before the battle even began, he'd probably have Dante in some compromising situation that gave himself the advantage.

!King_Amazon!
2005-06-01, 01:52 PM
Yes but son of the devil!!! Tell me, how many times has Dante cheated Death??

The start cutscene for one of the games, DMC1 I think it was, where that person breaks into his shop and throws a sword through him. He stands up and pulls the bloody thing out!! He is far superior! Sidius could cut him to shreds yet I bet you your bottom dollar he'd still live.

And another thing, Dante has style! You ain't got nothing if you ain't got style.

Dante isn't the son of the devil. His father is Sparda, and he's only half demon.

Lenny
2005-06-01, 02:40 PM
Well I did put a/the...he's the son of some kind of devil...if not The Devil...so...

And Dark Jedi...still think Dante would win. You ever played the DMC games out of interest??

Senesia
2005-06-01, 02:55 PM
Fools! Infants! Can you not comprehend what it means to be a Master of the Force?! The Force is all! Bullets, small pieces of metal, so what? "OH NO! What will I do?! Oh, yeah... I can use my powers to not only stop them from hitting me, but I can send them right back at Dante, along with my own badass Force Lightning." So, he'd have to dodge his own bullets and other Force attacks.

Get over yourselves. Palpatine is the Emperor. He got there for being a genius and a powerful Force user. He's no fool. Before the battle even began, he'd probably have Dante in some compromising situation that gave himself the advantage.

Bullets do nothing to Dante. In DMC3, Lady shot a bullet right into Dante's head at point blank, and he was like, "Hey, I saved your life and you thank me by shooting me?"

Then she shot again, only had it to be stopped by Dante's teeth. He then spit the bullet out and took the bullet out of his head.

Also, in another cutscene, Dante took another shot from Lady right at his stomach just to show her that humans are no match for demons.

Back in DMC1, Dante defeated the Prince of Darkness Mundus. Of course, he did it with the help of Sparda's power (meaning, he was in the demon world, with Sparda's sword, with the two amulets).

Many times weapons cut through him, but it does not stop him from fighting. Once he got impaled by his own sword right through his chest, and he stood back up after 3 seconds, and even awaken his demonic power inside.

He is able to turn into a demon himself. The transformation flux itself is already powerful, and still, I don't know how anything could stand a chance against Royal Guard. Just-Guard and Just-Release, with the correct timing, everything will be destroyed, unless the foes can stay indefinitely invulnerable.

Grav
2005-06-01, 03:29 PM

Let's hear it for impromptu Kuja's! You can stop coming here now.

Lenny
2005-06-01, 04:21 PM
Thank goodness for Senesia's sense. Knew we could count on ya!

Any more arguments Mr. Dark Jedi?? Hmm??

JRwakebord
2005-06-01, 05:32 PM
Jedi's and sith may be able to deflect the slow blaster fire, no way they could deflect/dodge an infinite number of real bullets.

If Neo can do it, Palpatine certainly can. Manipulating a computer is nothing compared to the power of The Force.

Grav
2005-06-01, 05:39 PM
Jedi are powerful compared to us, but they aren't at high-tier anime power level, or at Dante's exaggerated level, most likely.

Medieval Bob
2005-06-01, 08:48 PM
Neo manipulated the outside world too.

Besides, in the Matrix, a jedi would have no chance whatsoever against Neo. He's the uber.

badboy
2005-06-02, 03:15 AM
You forget that Jedi live after death so I guess they would win even if they lost.

Lenny
2005-06-02, 04:47 AM
And Dante just lives..no death. I guess he'd live no matter what happened to him...

Dark Jedi
2005-06-02, 01:24 PM
Good argument, Sen. Of course, Palpatine is not restricted to just sending back Dante's feeble bullets. He has Force Lightning, Force insight, granting him the power to see his opponent's move(s), a lightsaber which can cut through all materials (except the Vong's snake-staffs, but that's not important here), and of course, the power to simply send any and all materials flying at Dante. If Palpatine caught Dante in a room full of boulders, it be over. And, if Dante could survive endless attacks from boulders slamming into his head, then maybe Palpatine can't win.

Dante could never get close to Palpatine. There's no way he could get in, past the Lightning and debris flying at him, while avoiding a lightsaber.

If Sidiosu should fall, the Jedi Master will take over for him and destroy Dante.

Senesia
2005-06-02, 03:49 PM
Good argument, Sen. Of course, Palpatine is not restricted to just sending back Dante's feeble bullets. He has Force Lightning, Force insight, granting him the power to see his opponent's move(s), a lightsaber which can cut through all materials (except the Vong's snake-staffs, but that's not important here), and of course, the power to simply send any and all materials flying at Dante. If Palpatine caught Dante in a room full of boulders, it be over. And, if Dante could survive endless attacks from boulders slamming into his head, then maybe Palpatine can't win.

Dante could never get close to Palpatine. There's no way he could get in, past the Lightning and debris flying at him, while avoiding a lightsaber.

If Sidiosu should fall, the Jedi Master will take over for him and destroy Dante.

A Lightsaber is basically... High energy Plasma+Force in a blade form. It cannot cut through another lightsaber or force field, while it can destroy most solid objects, not even all.

What is force lightning? Well... just some lightnings shot by a Dark Force user, which can be blocked. Not as powerful as it sounds now.

Can a lightsaber cut through Dante's weapon? Most probably not. What are Dante's weapon, really? They are not something in the material realm. In DMC3, Dante's weapons are originally demons, but transformed into the shape of a weapon (hence the name Devil Arm). They certainly are more than just solid objects. In DMC1, the Alastor and Ifrits have wills have their own before they meet Dante. And Sparda (the weapon) is basically the embodiment of Sparda's demonic power.

Each of his Devil Arms have a different power. The Rebellion has a magical essence (dark), Ceberus is ice, Agni&Rudra is Wind and Fire, Nevan is Lightning, Beowulf is Light. And, Sparda is Dark, Ifrits is Fire, Alastor is Lightning.

Also, you have underestimated Dante's Firearms. The shots are magically imbued, at least, the charged shots are (from its description). The Nightmare Beta and Artemis certainly have a magical essence to them.

And still, there is the Royal Guard. If Dante can block something more than 10 times his size, charging at him at full speed... I don't see what boulders would do to him. And even without Royal Guard, there is Quicksilver/Bangle of Time which allows Dante to manipulate the flow of time.

Then there is the argument of The Force being powerful... but you can't simply ignore Dante's demonic force.

Dark Jedi
2005-06-02, 04:57 PM
First off, there is no way this Royal Guard is as powerful as you've said. If this is the case, then it's an item they put in the game so you could frickin' God-Mode. It has to have some limit or side-effect.

Secondly, Force Lightning is an attack that is blockable, but how would Dante block it? He's never seen an attack like this. It's kinda like the Sigma argument. Sigma hasn't got defense against Mana and Dante doesn't have defense against the Force because he's never fought an oppoenent before with the power.

Third, a lightsaber might not be able to cut through Dante's weapons, but could Dante's weapons destroy it? I don't think so. So, we're left with they can both defend against each other. Now, Palpatine has the advantage of being able to see the future. Does Dante have that skill? Now, I'm not saying that Palpatine is invincible in a duel, but it gives him the edge.

Finally, Palpatine can use items to block the bullets as well.

Of course, there's always the good old tossing of the lightsaber, with Force-guided accuracy. Then, he can pull it back.

I'm not sure about this one.

Senesia
2005-06-03, 12:28 AM
First off, there is no way this Royal Guard is as powerful as you've said. If this is the case, then it's an item they put in the game so you could frickin' God-Mode. It has to have some limit or side-effect.

Secondly, Force Lightning is an attack that is blockable, but how would Dante block it? He's never seen an attack like this. It's kinda like the Sigma argument. Sigma hasn't got defense against Mana and Dante doesn't have defense against the Force because he's never fought an oppoenent before with the power.

Third, a lightsaber might not be able to cut through Dante's weapons, but could Dante's weapons destroy it? I don't think so. So, we're left with they can both defend against each other. Now, Palpatine has the advantage of being able to see the future. Does Dante have that skill? Now, I'm not saying that Palpatine is invincible in a duel, but it gives him the edge.

Finally, Palpatine can use items to block the bullets as well.

Of course, there's always the good old tossing of the lightsaber, with Force-guided accuracy. Then, he can pull it back.

I'm not sure about this one.

Actually, no. Royal Guard is for expert players, just like Issen in Onimusha (Instant Killing normal enemy + Completely dodge their attacks, and in a Boss case, doing Critical damage and completely dodging the attack).

It is a new thing in DMC3, but it is for sure legit. The "God Mode" is Super Dante, which isn't as powerful as simply using Royal Guard, but Super Dante requires no skill to use. (While you will need to get the timing for Royal Guard)

If you say Dante has never seen lightning... oh well. From my understanding of Force Lightning, it is essentially a purely energy-based Lightning used by the Sith. The greater force the user pocesses, the greater the power of the lightning. I can assure you that Dante has a lot of experience with lightning... His weapon Nevan is the embodiment of a lightning based demon, and in his Air Raid, he can summon Lightning with his demonic power.

The same argument can be said about how the Emperor has no experience against Demonic power. This is what happens when you compare two characters from different realm.

Being able to see the future doesn't mean he could change it. If an attack can't be blocked or dodged, seeing it coming won't mean too much... except you could prepare to get hit by it. With Royal Guard's Just-Guard and Just-Release... nothing will stop Dante.

In the game, the only thing Royal Guard could not block is some stationary acid that does minor damage. It can block everything else - Bomb Explosion, Physical Attack (Sword, Scythe, Punch, Kick), Magical Attack (Light Volcano, Lightning, Fire, Ice, Arrows, Bullets, Rocket, Missiles...

Is there a weakness in this? Yes, it requires timing. You could argue that it is not easy to "perfectly" block an attack if someone has never seen it before, but Royal Guard can be performed as simply Defend, and it will reduce the damage by a huge amount. Some ultra powerful could break this normal defend, but you wouldn't want to count on that to happen.

Raziel#1
2005-06-04, 09:39 PM
Yeah,even though Dante has gun's Sidious/Palpatine would beat the crap out of Dante.

Senesia
2005-06-04, 10:43 PM
Dante's firearms are not his main power. His Devil Arms, and the demonic power in him are his power. Guns are only super useful when charged (DMC1) or when he's in Gunslinger Style (DMC3) or... well, guns=win in DMC2.

Lenny
2005-06-05, 06:16 AM
Any ideas what he'll be like in DMC4?? More moves for one, more weapons, greater power...he'll definitely beat Palpatine into a messy pulp then...

Original Sin
2005-06-05, 02:51 PM
Actually a lightsaber CAN cut through another lightsaber. In the books, a clear(I believe) lightsaber can cut through otehr lightsabers and much more. It is the ultimate lightsaber.

This would be a pretty close and long battle. To super strong people, each with awsome powers. A draw.

Squiffyclown
2005-06-11, 07:47 AM
Sideous wood so win, he has both darth vader and like a billion storm troopers to back him up, pluz he has that whole mind trick thing so he could maybe get dante to beat on himself some

Medieval Bob
2005-06-11, 09:32 AM
This isn't a brawl, buddy. It's one on one.

Also, mind trick only works on the weak minded. I don't think Dante falls into that category.

Squiffyclown
2005-06-11, 09:47 AM
i dont know dante iz kinda just one track minded like its all bout killing, and darth sidious iz seriously powerful , he bitch slapped yoda remember so maybe he kood pull the mind trick

JRwakebord
2005-06-11, 10:14 AM
That fight ended with no clear winner. If Palpatine had truely triumphed, Yoda would have been killed. It was a draw, and Yoda was ashamed so he went into exile.

Also, for the love of god, PLEASE try to spell things correctly. It makes reading posts so much easier.

Lenny
2005-06-11, 11:41 AM
I think we should get the translators back up and running...:p

Mantralord my good man!! Translate!!

Sidious would never be able to pull a mind trick on Dante.

If you think about it, Sidious is a man with a power, yet still just a man. Dante is the son of a demon! He's half-man half-demon.