PDA

View Full Version : My friend

KagomJack
2005-05-24, 06:17 PM
This is about my friend, Brad. Brad's been like a brother to me, almost a son in some ways. Well, recently he's dating this girl (the one I told you guys called me every day). She's a habitual liar, she has no real attraction to him, she's an attention whore to the umpth degree, she only is using him to get attention, she's also using him because she knows he'll worship her, and finally because she knows he'll do whatever she wants. I can't really do much in this situation except watch. I already told him that I won't try to interfere with this relationship but to be careful because, as mentioned before, she's a habitual liar and she will put him into a world of hurt...

What really bothers me is that this is, in the end, exploitation of a very gullible and innocent person who I consider family. This girl doesn't care about any goddamn person in this world except herself. And I feel really powerless and weak. I know if I try to do anything, I'd lose a really good friend and would look like a controlling asshole. But if I don't do anything, some really nasty shit will go down...*sighs* Any comforting words, advice, etc.?

Grav
2005-05-24, 07:25 PM
He can only learn through experience. It sucks, but once she dumps him, he should be able to respect your word more. Let him fall, then pull him up.

KagomJack
2005-05-24, 07:27 PM
That's practically all I know I can do.

Sovereign
2005-05-24, 08:13 PM
Well. Hmm. Tell him what you think. What's going on. But be extremely respectful. Say that this is your OPINION , and that this is how it seems like. Dont try to insul thim or her, try to put it in a nice way. he's whipped and he doesnt seem to know it.

If he's a good enough friend eh should respect your opinion. chances are he wont listen to it , but it's worth a try. If he does get angry and stops talking to you, I pretty much am 95% sure that he will come into contact with you once the break up and he sees that you were right and were only trying to help him.

JRwakebord
2005-05-24, 09:42 PM
I think Sov has the right approach here. Approach him at least once more, but be calm and respectful, saying that this is just what you think, but it is ultimately up to him. Just tell him that you're watching his back, as a friend should. No matter what he decides, support his decision (at least publicly), and in the end, when she dumps him, you'll still be friends and he may listen to your input more in the future.

KagomJack
2005-05-25, 07:23 PM
Well, things got better in a sense. But what the girl did was cold-hearted. He asked her out for this Sunday and she said yes. Now all of a sudden she says it's over and she doesn't wanna date him.

HandOfHeaven
2005-05-25, 09:28 PM
What a bitch. All this advice is what I would have given, there's not much else you can do to help.

Sovereign
2005-05-25, 11:29 PM
I hope she suffers. That's a horrible thing to do. Tell your friend to IM me, I'll smack some sence into his head. And he wont get mad at you! He'll only block me in the worst case scenario.

JRwakebord
2005-05-26, 07:13 AM
If he does so, then be sure to post the convo, I'm sure it'll be plenty entertaining.

Ganga
2005-05-26, 01:09 PM
Just leave him alone, he have to learn this kind of shit one way or the other.

Kaneda
2005-05-26, 02:37 PM
It sad but those kinds of people (the chick) greatly outnumber the good ones in the world. Humanity is a lost cause...

KagomJack
2005-05-26, 05:40 PM
Yeah, but because of the few good people in the world, I believe there's still a reason to hope for humanity.

D3V
2005-05-26, 09:15 PM
That's practically all I know I can do.

Maybe you should just stay out of other people's business.

HandOfHeaven
2005-05-26, 09:19 PM
So, D3V, if your friend gets confronted and someone points a gun at his face, you will just walk away. Hell no, you imbecile.

Maybe KagomJack is trying to help out his friend, like anyone would do. As I see it, they have a very close bond, and KagomJack is just trying to protect his friend.

D3V
2005-05-26, 10:42 PM
Pulling a gun and an annoying girlfriend are two completely different things..

JRwakebord
2005-05-27, 06:14 AM
Both could easily end up with someone gettin killed, especially if PMS is involved.

Sovereign
2005-05-27, 07:52 AM
Bicker elsewhere...

What's going on with him now, Kagom? Even after what she has done, is he still going after her?

KagomJack
2005-05-27, 10:45 AM
She's still calling him near damn every day still. But he isn't going after her, thankfully.

Ganga
2005-05-27, 11:44 AM
He is running his game, let the man do it.

Raziel
2005-05-27, 05:29 PM
Good to see you kept out of it, Jack. It's not your problem. You don't have the need nor the right to go interfering in his shitty decisions. You made the right choice.