PDA

View Full Version : An update, because I love you.

Raziel
2005-04-23, 01:59 AM
So, my life has made a complete 180 over the last few weeks. After the disintegration of my former band, Wintermask, I needed to figure out what direction my life should take and what to do after my plans for the future had been destroyed.

About three weeks ago, I quit my job working as a night auditor in Jackson, Wyoming, moved out of my apartment and headed down to Salt lake City, Utah in order to pursue a position as a vocalist for a new band. I moved in with my friend Dan, one of the former guitarists for Wintermask, and we've been writing new music with two members of his near-dead band, Bloodhaze. So far, we've ripped one unrecorded Wintermask song, have solidified two brand new songs, and are currently working on a fourth. I'm really digging the new shit, and if our writing continues to progress at this level, I'll probably be sticking around.

Right now, I'm living in Dan's basement, free of charge. He's got a wife and two kids, but I've become pretty good friends with Liz and the midgets are slowly warming up to me. I just got hired by Dan's employers, and in about two weeks, I'm going to start training to become a fucking electrician. I'm starting at $10.00 per hour ($15.00 for out-of-town jobs), but that should ramp up pretty quickly once I get some experience under my belt. On top of that, I've apparently just been hired as one of the eight core editors of an upcoming videogame news site. The guy running the show is 100% serious about it, and intends for the site to rival groups like IGN and Gamespot within a few years.

So, all in all, my life is substantially busier than it was two months ago. I've got a lot of fresh stuff on my plate, and I'm honestly kinda overwhelmed by it all. My activity as of lately hasn't been phenomenal, but don't expect me to up and disappear on you guys or anything. I still check in almost every day, if even for only a few minutes. Just don't expect me to be carrying on multi-page flame wars with anybody anytime soon.

Just thought I'd clue everyone in on what's been going on since the beginning of April. Horns up, shitheads!

Death
2005-04-23, 02:06 AM
Good luck.

Sovereign
2005-04-23, 02:09 AM
;-\.

Good luck, grats on the new band.

-=Rico-GP=-
2005-04-23, 02:27 AM
Do your best, and regret nothing.

slaynish
2005-04-23, 02:35 AM
YEAH!

It sounds like you totally just said 'fuck it' and went along with everything. Maybe your ex-bandmembers lives are sloping downhill, and now they are realizing how big of a mistake they made.

I cant wait to heard Bloodhaze. Whats the ripped Wmask song called?

i no kung fu
2005-04-23, 04:22 AM
*some one loves me?*

Adrenachrome
2005-04-23, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the update Raziel

good to hear you got some kind of plan...

Grav
2005-04-23, 09:03 AM
Sword chucks, yo!

Good luck

khwiii
2005-04-23, 10:30 AM
Right now, I'm living in Dan's basement, free of charge. He's got a wife and two kids, but I've become pretty good friends with Liz and the midgets are slowly warming up to me. I just got hired by Dan's employers, and in about two weeks, I'm going to start training to become a fucking electrician. I'm starting at $10.00 per hour ($15.00 for out-of-town jobs), but that should ramp up pretty quickly once I get some experience under my belt.

What kind of electircal work? Controls? Residential? Commerical?

Congrats, and good luck.

Medieval Bob
2005-04-23, 10:37 AM
That's fucking boss man. I'm really glad to hear everything is starting to work out for you. Good luck with the new band. Good luck with the electricianship. Good luck with the editor job.

Raziel
2005-04-23, 02:01 PM
I cant wait to heard Bloodhaze. Whats the ripped Wmask song called?

Bloodhaze isn't the name of our new band. It's the name of Dan's old band, which seems to be slowly falling apart. The project with me, Dan, Eric (the bassist) and Kellen (the drummer) doesn't have a name yet. We're working on it.

The ripped WM song is called "Chronofracture".

What kind of electircal work? Controls? Residential? Commerical?

Not entirely sure. I'd imagine a little of all.

JRwakebord
2005-04-23, 02:07 PM
If you guys write a song entitled "Thank you Captain Obvious" you will be my hero.

slaynish
2005-04-23, 05:57 PM
They are trying to write Metal. Not stupid, sorry : \

Maybe if they were more like.. some kind of.. weird al then they would, but eh sorry I'd say you should make a song called "torch the church."

Just dont make a song called "As I watch the Sun fuck the Ocean".

HandOfHeaven
2005-04-23, 10:32 PM
I'd say make a song called 'Caffeine'!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOO HYPER! Caffeine Pill + 5 cups of coffee = SLEEPLESS NIGHT +2!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, nice to hear about how your life is going. I hope your electrician job goes well, and your band is successful. You should upload some songs/samples of songs on here sometime. I'm becoming more of a metalhead myself.

badboy
2005-04-24, 01:32 AM
Right now, I'm living in Dan's basement, free of charge.

Must be nice.

Titusfied
2005-04-24, 11:29 AM
Sounds good. I'm glad to hear you have a decent, "normal" job in the burners if the band doesn't take off like you plan. Electricians can make some nice cake, so that was a good hookup. You doing Union, or independent contracting shit?

DaFrigginDoctah
2005-04-24, 03:29 PM
Good to hear from you Raz-Spaz.
Hopefully the good luck keeps up.

Now that you live closer to San Francisco you can do some shows down here, bitch.

HandOfHeaven
2005-04-24, 07:37 PM
Now the last thing Raziel probably wants is to play for a homosexual crowd.

Raziel
2005-04-25, 01:12 AM
Just dont make a song called "As I watch the Sun fuck the Ocean".

Boy Hits Car is an okay band. I have their first CD somewhere.

Sounds good. I'm glad to hear you have a decent, "normal" job in the burners if the band doesn't take off like you plan. Electricians can make some nice cake, so that was a good hookup. You doing Union, or independent contracting shit?

Independant, as far as I know. I actually haven't inquired. Dan just said "hey, want to be an electrician?", and I was down for it.

Now that you live closer to San Francisco you can do some shows down here, bitch.

That's still about a year or so off. Kellen's on probation, and can't leave the state. He also can't be in a bar, can't be within close proximity of alcohol or be caught in the company of minors. Sucks, and it makes shows a tough plan. However, it doesn't prevent us from going into the studio. At this rate, we'll be recording a full CD in six months.

However, that doesn't mean we won't be possibly hanging out at some point in the near future. My younger brother recently moved out to San Francisco, and he's been bugging me to come out and visit. If I decide to do so, we'll definitely be meeting up.

DaFrigginDoctah
2005-04-25, 04:06 PM
Who said anything about playing in San Francisco. Myself, I live in Antioch which is a good 40 minute drive from the City. Besides, most of America's greatest bands have held shows in SF.

Raziel
2005-04-25, 05:07 PM
I know, but that doesn't make much difference when your drummer can't leave Utah, you know?

JRwakebord
2005-04-25, 07:45 PM
Psh. It's only a little problem.

undeadzombieguy
2005-04-26, 01:44 AM
He also can't be in a bar, can't be within close proximity of alcohol or be caught in the company of minors.

...Can't be caught in the company of minors? If you dont mind me asking, what did he do? :rolleyes:

Raziel
2005-04-26, 01:49 AM
Not entirely sure, myself. Haven't bothered to ask.

DaFrigginDoctah
2005-04-26, 09:36 AM
FUCK IN ASS

But seriously, that sucks. : /