PDA

View Full Version : Sixers clinched.. Playoffs!

Titusfied
2005-04-19, 02:49 PM
Finally, my lowly Sixers clinched a playoff spot. Now, if they win their last game tomorrow, they have the 7th spot and play Detroit the first round. Now, I've known that we were either going to face Detroit or Miami in the first round, which is why it was so pivital to win the division, but we didn't.

Honestly, I think the Sixers have a chance to beat any team in the league (as does any team really, but more so for the Sixers, IMO). Of course, I've always been biased towards Philly sports, and this is no surprise, but AI has got to be one of the most explosive players in the league. If he has a good game, and some decent support, the Sixers can not only beat any team, but dominate most. This is true for most teams, yes, but AI is special. If Webber gets on a roll, this could be a devastating team in the playoffs.

Watch out!

Thanatos
2005-04-19, 07:27 PM
What support? The Sixers have no backup for AI and C-Webb isn't doing shit since he's been traded, either. Why do the Sixers have a better chance than anyone else? Your answer should be amusing, :D

For a littler homerism, I can't believe the Pacers have made it into the Playoffs with all the adversity that they have faced this season. We've had ~405 games missed this season with suspensions/injuries of star players. Washington places second with 221. That's a lot of freakin' games.

If the Pacers end up sucking horribly this Playoffs: Go Suns! Shit, those guys can play.

Titusfied
2005-04-22, 01:40 PM
Dalembert and Jackson (as a combo) have put up the best Center numbers other than Shaq and Wallace in the East. Iguodala is a great defender and can make a game with his dunks (it amps our team up immensely), and is easily top 4 in rookies this year, and should be getting some nods for Rookie of the Year (of course not nearly enough to win, or even come close). Korver has one of the highest 3-point shooting percentages in the league, and that is basically all he shoots!

If we are clicking, we are devastating, not humorous. No one is giving the Sixers any love against Detroit. 4-1 across the boards, but I think we can easily win 2 if not challenge for the series.

Thanatos
2005-04-22, 02:01 PM
I agree with the experts. Sorry, man. Sixers lose either 4-1 or 4-0. Not gonna be pretty.

nddwind
2005-04-22, 09:14 PM
I'm a big time Pistons fan, and I believe from watching their games, and comparing them to the Sixers games I can form a pretty good anaylsis. Detroit completely controls the tempo in their games and that is one of the main reasons why Detroit will beat Philly.

I don't want to get to cocky and jinx my team, but I think the real question is Detroit or Miami. Although I honestly think that Detroit will be the one to advance, a lot of people are mixed.

What do you guys think?

Thanatos
2005-04-23, 09:39 AM
Well I'm a big time Pacers fan, so fuck the Pistons. :D Nov. 19, remember that!?

Detroit's game is not so much fast-paced as it is based around defense. They probably average like 87.6 points a game. All Detroit has to do is control AI and that's the series.

I believe NJ will give Miami some trouble if not win the series. Shaq is hurt right now and Richard Jefferson is coming back for NJ. Vinsanity can't be fucking stopped and Kidd is plain ol' Kidd.

Titusfied
2005-04-24, 11:37 AM
Damn, Sixers and Pacers got rocked.. Sixers started out like fucking mad men, then just died.. Almost literally. It was crap, oh well.. Nets/Heat should be fun! Hurry up 3:00 EST!

Kaneda
2005-04-24, 05:20 PM
Go Suns! www.woot.com (http://www.woot.com)

P.S. T-mac spanked them on the first game. Hmmm. Wonder if the Minnesota is gunna step it up. This seems reminiscient of last year.

Thanatos
2005-04-24, 09:15 PM
Man, the Suns kick so much ass. I'm watching them now and their style of play is just amazing.

Too bad the Pacers lost. Man, this season just needs to end and next season begin. Pacers got fucked over.

Kaneda
2005-04-24, 09:37 PM
Ya they are tizight. I've come to the conclusion that the grizzlies are all mutants. o_O

nddwind
2005-04-24, 11:23 PM
You obviously know nothing about the Detroit Pistons. They averaged 94 pts a game, and their strategy doesn't involve containing AI one bit.

Also the pacers averaged only 93 points a game, while dishing out 93 a game also.

Clearly the only logical explanation is that the pacers blow.

nddwind
2005-04-24, 11:29 PM
Man, the Suns kick so much ass. I'm watching them now and their style of play is just amazing.

Too bad the Pacers lost. Man, this season just needs to end and next season begin. Pacers got fucked over.

If you were a true Indiana fan you would not be so reluctant to give up on your team so early. It was only one game.

It doesn't matter how bad they lost, because it has absolutely no affect on their next game unless it psychologically impairs them (which I don't see happening.)

Kaneda
2005-04-25, 02:11 AM
Suns stomped em whole game. They got close to getting a lead a few times. :D

Demosthenes
2005-04-25, 05:32 AM
I'm a pretty big Sixers fan too, but honestly I don't think they'll get out of the first round.

Thanatos
2005-04-25, 06:13 AM
If you were a true Indiana fan you would not be so reluctant to give up on your team so early. It was only one game.

It doesn't matter how bad they lost, because it has absolutely no affect on their next game unless it psychologically impairs them (which I don't see happening.)

What the hell are you talking about? I am a true Indiana fan and have been for almost 7 years. I have stuck by the Pacers through thick and thin. The reason I said this season should just end is because of all the adversity the Pacers have had to go through this season. Look at the second post in this thread to see how many games we have missed this season.

I don't care that Indiana lost Game 1 vs. Boston. I said that's too bad and we'll try our best next time.

Because the Pacers average 1 less point than Detroit that means the Pacers blow? Let me remind you that we played with our 2nd and even 3rd strings most of the season and still made it into the playoffs. There were some games where we only had 6 players dressed to play.

Don't get me started about basketball.

Demosthenes
2005-04-25, 02:35 PM
I honestly think that Miami will take it.

nddwind
2005-04-25, 08:06 PM
Before you go dissing on how much pts a game the Pistons score you should at least know your own teams average.

Thanatos
2005-04-25, 08:15 PM
Detroit's game is not so much fast-paced as it is based around defense.

How do you figure this is insulting Detroit's PPG? Just because you score low PPG doesn't mean you can't win, which Detroit has obviously shown this season.

Demosthenes
2005-04-25, 08:38 PM
How do you figure this is insulting Detroit's PPG? Just because you score low PPG doesn't mean you can't win, which Detroit has obviously shown this season.

Not to mention last season . . .

nddwind
2005-04-25, 11:37 PM
The way you said "87.6" pts a game sounded a lot like an insult.

That’s like me saying "Indiana's game is based primarily around offense seeing as how they give up 101.2 pts per game."

While I may be saying that Indiana's game is based on offense (which isn't true), I'm at the same time insulting Indiana intentionally or not.

btw Indiana gives up 93.# pts per game :)

Demosthenes
2005-04-26, 05:41 AM
The way you said "87.6" pts a game sounded a lot like an insult.

That’s like me saying "Indiana's game is based primarily around offense seeing as how they give up 101.2 pts per game."

While I may be saying that Indiana's game is based on offense (which isn't true), I'm at the same time insulting Indiana intentionally or not.

WHAT?!?!?!

Thanatos
2005-04-26, 06:09 AM
Yeah.. I know.

Anyway, Detroit and Indiana split their series 2-2, so there is no clear winner. Except Indiana. :D

Kaneda
2005-04-26, 07:06 AM
Thank You T-mac!

Thanatos
2005-04-26, 02:34 PM
Haha, no shit! T-Mac is running all over the Mavs. Not to mention, Yao went 13-14 from the field. Nice stuff, Houston.